DC Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

What is your favorite DC film thus far?

Man of Steel
2%
Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice
15%
Suicide Squad
2%
Wonder Woman
10%
Justice League
No votes
Aquaman
2%
Shazam!
5%
Birds of Prey
2%
Wonder Woman 1984
No votes
Zack Snyder's Justice League
12%
The Suicide Squad
49%

Total votes: 41

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Re: DC Cinematic Universe

Post by KManX89 »

tyrantgoji wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:assuming that a movie being rated r is automatically gonna make it better?
Spawn needs to be R. That's just basics lol.
Well yeah i get Spawn but i swear Kman thinks almost everything needs to be r rated to be good. Venom 2 doesn't need to be r-rated to make Carnage menacing and scary.
Nope, just R-rated stuff being watered down. It never ends well and is usually a disaster. RoboCop, anyone?

Anyways, the 2 worst things to happen to the DCEU, Leto as Joker and Eisenberg as Lex say they're done playing their respective characters in the DCEU.

Nothing of value was lost, though Jonah Hill leaving The Batman IS kinda a letdown. I don't think we'll be getting another JL movie, anyway with Ben and more than likely Cavill leaving and Batman getting rebooted again, so it sounds like the writing was already on the wall and the damage was already done in SS and BvS, respectively. They've made it clear Harley has moved on from Leto Joker in BoP, which still looks terrible.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

KManX89 wrote: Nope, just R-rated stuff being watered down. It never ends well and is usually a disaster. RoboCop, anyone?
Saying Robocop (2014) was bad because it wasn't R is the definition of missing the forest for the trees.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RIP Evan.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I'd say Robocop did a good job at what it was trying to accomplish for it's rating.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

It wasn't that bad. People are pissed it wasn't the original but it wasn't trying to be.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Honestly WB and DC are doing this right now. The Cinematic Universe for whatever reason wasn’t working. Take the aspects from that that worked(WW etc) and move on. Standalone movies like Joker is the way to go for DC.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

WB could really turn DC's comic villains into modern shakespearean characters. DC Black could consist of all tragedies and I'd be fine with it.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Cookson wrote:Honestly WB and DC are doing this right now. The Cinematic Universe for whatever reason wasn’t working. Take the aspects from that that worked(WW etc) and move on. Standalone movies like Joker is the way to go for DC.
And judging by everything I've seen and heard from BoP so far, it looks like it'll be another failed crossover attempt by WB for the DCEU. On the other hand, their standalone movies (save for MoS) have all been pretty good to great. They should just stick with that IMO.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

I completely forgot that Robocop got a remake.

Wow.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

'Joker will top 900 million as biggest R-Rated film in history'

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes ... n-history/

This would be iconic.. the film the media didn't want us to see, will become the biggest R rated film of all time. INSANE.

Do we think a billion is a possibility?

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

Okay, regarding the pre-release hysteria over Joker.

Was it the media freaking out or was it WB pulling strings to drum up a phony controversy to get more attention on the film?

I mean a good way to get people to want to see something is to tell them they shouldn't see it.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

GojiDog wrote:Okay, regarding the pre-release hysteria over Joker.

Was it the media freaking out or was it WB pulling strings to drum up a phony controversy to get more attention on the film?

I mean a good way to get people to want to see something is to tell them they shouldn't see it.
Wouldn't surprise me that the typical softie "professional" journalist types would have some kinda agenda to push. They felt the Joker film was the best platform for them to get their ridiculous kicks in.

Sadly they failed miserably lol.

They just don't get it, this world doesn't WANT to walk on eggshells.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

GojiDog wrote:Okay, regarding the pre-release hysteria over Joker.

Seemed to be genuine but misplaced media concern.

WB probably realized "bad publicity = publicity" and shut up so they could rake in the cash

RIP Evan.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

GojiDog wrote:I completely forgot that Robocop got a remake.

Wow.
Yeah, and it sucked, to no one's shock. :lol:

But yeah, great for Joker on becoming the highest-grossing R-rated film of all time (which it deserves every penny BTW), too bad stupid China will more than likely keep it from being the first R-rated film to crack $1 bil.
Last edited by KManX89 on Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

KManX89 wrote:
GojiDog wrote:I completely forgot that Robocop got a remake.

Wow.
Yeah, and it sucked, to no one's shock. :lol:

But yeah, great for Joker on being the highest-grossing R-rated film of all time (which it deserves every penny BTW), too bad stupid China will more than likely keep it from being the first R-rated film to crack $1 bil.
I think Hong Kong just repealed the Extradition Bill people have been up in arms about, so that may be a glimmer of hope that Mr.J can hit that sweet sweet Billion.

Added in 1 day 16 minutes 40 seconds:
Rumor is WB are in the earliest stages of developing a 2nd Joker film, and that brings me joy to no end lol.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Joker is now officially the highest-grossing R-rated movie of all time (unadjusted for inflation), topping Deadpool with $849 mil over the weekend! Woot!

It's about to overtake Venom (it already beat it out in terms of profit margin, but it's about to surpass it in box office revenue as well) and $1 bil is actually looking more and more like a possibility at this rate.

Oh and has anyone else watched the HBO Watchmen series yet? It's pretty good so far, though I was hoping THE Rorschach would show up at some point, or hell, all of the originals. That sadly doesn't appear to be the case.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I liked the first episode, it felt different compared to the usual stuff we've seen. Like Raining inter-transdimensional squids? Wicked.

And somehow they keep it serious with the whole cops vs cults thing. I just don't like how they turned Rorshachs following into White Supremacists, like that wasn't his intention at all. It would've been cooler if it was the whole town of various races joining Rorshachs cult vs the police department and the vigilantes.

SoggyNoodles2016

Rorshach was an asshole who happened to just be turning his attitude to worst assholes and his journal was published by a right wing magazine, I'm not surprised a cult dedicated to him is basically all neo-Nazis
KManX89 wrote: though I was hoping THE Rorschach would show up at some point, or hell, all of the originals. That sadly doesn't appear to be the case.
While I doubt Rorschach will be back (cause, you know. Dr. Manhatten vaporization) and I haven't seen it, I've heard they have Jeremey Irons as Ozymandias and the FBI Agent is supposed to be Silk Spectre.

RIP Evan.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: While I doubt Rorschach will be back (cause, you know. Dr. Manhatten vaporization) and I haven't seen it, I've heard they have Jeremey Irons as Ozymandias and the FBI Agent is supposed to be Silk Spectre.
Was Sergeant(?) Judd, Owlman?

SoggyNoodles2016

_JNavs_ wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: While I doubt Rorschach will be back (cause, you know. Dr. Manhatten vaporization) and I haven't seen it, I've heard they have Jeremey Irons as Ozymandias and the FBI Agent is supposed to be Silk Spectre.
Was Sergeant(?) Judd, Owlman?
No. At least as long as theres no twist later on

Edit: background material on HBO's website says hes currently in federal custody for reasons
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Episode 2 clicked with me as much as 1, I'm really getting old school Watchmen/TDK era vibes from recent DC. (Joker/Watchmen/Titans etc)
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.