Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by _JNavs_ »

Moogabunga wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:I'd bet money on Thanksgiving, I was just throwing it out there that we could get a spec of information on G's 65th.
I bet you the trailer doesn't come out on Thanksgiving...
Well the way things are looking you'd be right...

But I'd rather look at the cup half full, than half empty.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

Moogabunga wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:I'd bet money on Thanksgiving, I was just throwing it out there that we could get a spec of information on G's 65th.
Well since you know SOOOO much about the film industry and advertising, why don’t you tell us when it comes out ?
Yooo 8-)

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

JGAR wrote:
Moogabunga wrote:
Well since you know SOOOO much about the film industry and advertising, why don’t you tell us when it comes out ?
Jeez snappy much? All he said was it probably won't come out on Thanksgiving.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

JGAR wrote:
Moogabunga wrote:
October 29th

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

tyrantgoji wrote: Jeez snappy much? All he said was it probably won't come out on Thanksgiving.
Im sorry for sounding rude, it’s just that he acts like the source of authority, like he works for Legendary. I know that a Thanksgiving release date for the trailer seems unlikely due to the lack of proof but it’s understandable why people would believe that. Also;
Moogabunga wrote: October 29th
It’d be unwise for WB to miss out on releasing this trailer in front of It Chapter 2 or Joker, both MAJOR blockbusters of theirs with audiences watching them everywhere (especially Joker), only to wait and release in front of... Terminator: Dark Fate? A guaranteed flop and it’s not even WB’s movie. Either way it’s just my opinion and I understand if they want to shorten the marketing.
Last edited by JGAR on Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yooo 8-)

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

I still don't think this movie is coming out in march.

phantomsdaydreams
GPN Volunteer

Post by phantomsdaydreams »

Here's hoping it doesn't get delayed. A delay would kill some enthusiasm I have for it. =/

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

Sonic wrote:I still don't think this movie is coming out in march.
At this point, it’s very likely that it stays with that March release date and it’s just that the marketing landscape in not just Warner Bros. but most of Hollywood is changing. Notice how Mulan and Onward are the only movies in March/April that have released trailers. Disney seems to be sticking to starting marketing early for their movies.

A delay for this movie would’ve been announced around July or August, but as we get closer to the release, it’s increasingly becoming unlikely.
Yooo 8-)

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

They should just put this thing straight to video and be done with it.

JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Post by JesstrK »

JGAR wrote:
Sonic wrote:I still don't think this movie is coming out in march.
At this point, it’s very likely that it stays with that March release date and it’s just that the marketing landscape in not just Warner Bros. but most of Hollywood is changing. Notice how Mulan and Onward are the only movies in March/April that have released trailers. Disney seems to be sticking to starting marketing early for their movies.

A delay for this movie would’ve been announced around July or August, but as we get closer to the release, it’s increasingly becoming unlikely.
Always remember GI Joe Retaliation though. Delayed by 8 or 9 months, just two months before it’s original release. It can happen.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Shhh! The Octopus wrote:They should just put this thing straight to video and be done with it.
Agree. Just throw it on Netflix
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Godzilla21 wrote:
Shhh! The Octopus wrote:They should just put this thing straight to video and be done with it.
Meh, just toss it on VHS like the rest and ship it out to Blockbuster, who even wants to see a giant monkey from the 30s take on some 50s generic suit dinosaur anyway?
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:
Meh, just toss it on VHS like the rest and ship it out to Blockbuster, who even wants to see a giant monkey from the 30s take on some 50s generic suit dinosaur anyway?
Wack. :freak:
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Post by JesstrK »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:
Forget all that. Just send it straight to tv and release it as a SyFy original movie.

Venom
Ronin

Post by Venom »

In a new world where man and monster now coexist, Monarch must lead the way to a prosperous future alongside the Titans, keeping humanity in check. However, rival factions that want to manipulate the Titans for war begin to rise under the guise of a nefarious conspiracy, threatening to wipe out all life on the planet. Meanwhile on Skull Island, strange seismic activity draws the attention of Godzilla and Kong alike.-Imdb.com

Venom-The cave painting at the end of KOTM shows that either Godzilla had fought one of Kongs ancestors long ago or that they are destined to fight.
Last edited by Venom on Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

yeah, no.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Sonic wrote:ummmm WUT?
Already covered.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

What if they do a dual release for cinema and home media?

Except the cinema and home media versions have different endings, with Kong winning in one version and Godzilla winning in the other?

With the cavaet that when people come home to watch their dvd or go to the cinema to see the different version, they find out they both have the same ending.
Last edited by Jeff-Goldblum2 on Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

Fish Cakes wrote:
Sonic wrote:ummmm WUT?
Already covered.
you failed.

lets keep it moving....

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Sonic wrote:lets keep it moving....
Ah, like you are by quoting the post I already admitted was a mistake on my part a day after? Sure.

Anyway, so if Mechagodzilla is in this flick, what could they even do after this? I don't get where these things can progress.
Last edited by Fish Cakes on Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."