NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Fermix
EDF Instructor

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Post by Fermix »

_JNavs_ wrote:God forbid NECA did something more than 4 swivels and 2 hinges for one of their action figures.
Getting that ball joint mass produced in China would be begging for QC issues. Which I'm sure you would not delay in pointing out ;)
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Fermix wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:God forbid NECA did something more than 4 swivels and 2 hinges for one of their action figures.
Getting that ball joint mass produced in China would be begging for QC issues. Which I'm sure you would not delay in pointing out ;)
Why of course! That's my job 8-) , gotta keep NECA on their toes.

But come on, they've been doing great in terms of body mass - joint ratios, post-statue era. I know she's suuuuper small, but we have so many small figure lines that say it could be done. So why decide to produce her without any improvisations in the joints?
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Fermix wrote:
Why of course! That's my job 8-) , gotta keep NECA on their toes.

But come on, they've been doing great in terms of body mass - joint ratios, post-statue era. I know she's suuuuper small, but we have so many small figure lines that say it could be done. So why decide to produce her without any improvisations in the joints?
Because it would be a QC nightmare.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

I took Mothra out of the box, put it on the stand, raised the wings, and never touched it again.

Wasn't really looking for playability or superior posability in that particular model.

The Godzillas I pose and tinker with every once in a while, but really Mothra is just going to be a big bug on a stand.

I suspect the SHM version will be about the same

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:I took Mothra out of the box, put it on the stand, raised the wings, and never touched it again.

Wasn't really looking for playability or superior posability in that particular model.

The Godzillas I pose and tinker with every once in a while, but really Mothra is just going to be a big bug on a stand.

I suspect the SHM version will be about the same
Honestly seems like most Godzilla kaiju figures.
Image Image

DrPhilizSick@sHell98
Monarch Researcher

Post by DrPhilizSick@sHell98 »

Just saw the burning 95goji in the new ultimate box at target. I like the box but I already have the first one that’s virtually the same. Then I was gonna get either the fvj Jason since it was Halloween time or the alien resurrection xenomorph warrior but I ended up finding the figma overwatch genji for $25, (was 79.99) what a steal! :D
@Dee_Sniper98 ▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一 on Instagram

Lecontinentperdu
Monsterland Worker

Post by Lecontinentperdu »

Just received the '94 from NEca ebay's store. Costly, but, hey, that's the real deal and the box is great.
I asked them on Facebook if their '95 is also in a new box, they said Yes. So I guess I'm gonna get it soon.
But I had no serious replie for the '54... Which is not even on their online store, BTW.
And what about the '01??? I could swore I saw a box on an earlier post, but it never showed up again. And the retooled '85??

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

it seems like they've had no real information or official announcements since the KOTM movie and figures came out.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

So we'll just be getting re-boxes mixed with singular releases for who knows how long..

This line seems comatose

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

_JNavs_ wrote:So we'll just be getting re-boxes mixed with singular releases for who knows how long..

This line seems comatose
Comatose? I mean the line must be doing well enough for them to continue to re issue the figures. Plus we have a few new ones on the way, including the G64
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I think the next we'll hear of a new mold (i.e. not Burning G19) will be Toy Fair in February.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Godzilla21 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:So we'll just be getting re-boxes mixed with singular releases for who knows how long..

This line seems comatose
Comatose? I mean the line must be doing well enough for them to continue to re issue the figures. Plus we have a few new ones on the way, including the G64
Yeah that's what I meant, so far we have tons of reissues and 2 new releases on the way, instead of a full wave or new sets of figures (I may just be spoiled by their sci-fi/horror lines). Seems post KOTM they've went somewhat low-key with the line. Comatose isn't the right word, but it feels like the line has flatlined for the time being, and I get it, they have to sculpt and get their production going before anything new can drop, it's just so empty without new figures to look at lol..

That's not to say they can't come back swinging with some sweet new content, but lately it just seems a bit bland(empty?) due to all the re-issues and brief singular announcements (like 64), no acknowledgement of their reissues already hitting stores months ago. I just get an odd feeling from them.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:20 am, edited 6 times in total.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:

This line seems comatose
Yeah that's what I meant, so far we have tons of reissues and 2 new releases on the way, instead of a full wave or new sets of figures (I may just be spoiled by their sci-fi/horror lines). Seems post KOTM they've went somewhat low-key with the line. Comatose isn't the right word, but it feels like the line has flatlined for the time being, and I get it, they have to sculpt and get their production going before anything new can drop, it's just so empty without new figures to look at lol..

That's not to say they can't come back swinging with some sweet new content, but lately it just seems a bit bland(empty?) due to all the re-issues and brief singular announcements (like 64), no acknowledgement of their reissues already hitting stores months ago. I just get an odd feeling from them.
You must be new to following this line then. This Line has NEVER released in waves. It’s always a few announcements then it goes silent for a while until toy fair or SDCC. This is pretty normal stuff for the Godzilla line. At least this time we know 64 and BG are coming. There was a point before shin and GMK where we were in the dark for months with no info at all. This time it only feels like a drag because instead of just Neca Being silent, SHMA and Bandai are silent too. Usually at least one of them is doing something

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

and there's been no official word even on the Atomic/Fire G19 right? Just that one photo I saw circulating taken from a toy fair or something?

Really all the news photos we've seen for months seems like it's stuff off instagram taken and posted by fans. Neca seems dead quiet.

And I keep checking BBTS and online stores and they have no word about the new boxes/re-issues? I even wrote BBTS asking when the new Ultimate Boxes come in and they said they have no idea.

It's like Neca went and ghosted everything Godzilla related after the KOTM movie came out.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:and there's been no official word even on the Atomic/Fire G19 right? Just that one photo I saw circulating taken from a toy fair or something?
Atomic Breath Godzilla has been out for at least a month now. The only thing we know of Burning G19 is the prototype being on display at SDCC.
Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:

Really all the news photos we've seen for months seems like it's stuff off instagram taken and posted by fans. Neca seems dead quiet.

And I keep checking BBTS and online stores and they have no word about the new boxes/re-issues? I even wrote BBTS asking when the new Ultimate Boxes come in and they said they have no idea.

It's like Neca went and ghosted everything Godzilla related after the KOTM movie came out.
Yep, all NECA has provided regarding the reissues is a fairly minimal display at NYCC with incorrect placeholder cards that weren't even corrected throughout the entire convention. Other than that, the only news regarding the reissues has been whenever someone sees them in stores.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

rob559
GPN Volunteer

Post by rob559 »

Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:and there's been no official word even on the Atomic/Fire G19 right? Just that one photo I saw circulating taken from a toy fair or something?

The only other news is that they are not doing GvK, as of NOW no license. So no Kong or other "New" Kaiju/Titans. from Neca.
Does anyone think Godzilla will be redesigned or altered/Updated for the new film? New director putting his own spin on Godzilla, like the rumored beard on Kong.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Godzilla will absolutely be redesigned to some extent. How else are they going to be able to sell new toys?
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

UltramanGoji wrote:
The only thing we know of Burning G19 is the prototype being on display at SDCC.
Yeah that's what I'm saying. We've seen one fan pic taken of Atomic/Burning/Whatever it's called G19, but there's been no actual announcement or official pics (or name) of it that I've seen.
Last edited by Ultra_Henshin_Fan on Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

godzilla1541 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:

You must be new to following this line then. This Line has NEVER released in waves. It’s always a few announcements then it goes silent for a while until toy fair or SDCC. This is pretty normal stuff for the Godzilla line. At least this time we know 64 and BG are coming. There was a point before shin and GMK where we were in the dark for months with no info at all. This time it only feels like a drag because instead of just Neca Being silent, SHMA and Bandai are silent too. Usually at least one of them is doing something
Lmao, you know I'm not.

I'm aware this line never releases in waves, that was part of the issue I stated above. I've been on this line since they announced it, you're stating it like it should be the norm. SHMA and Bandai have their excuses, mainly due to putting the utmost effort into sculpts or fixing joints. We're all aware Bandai just recently announced some vinyl Godzilla and Kong figures so it's not like there's a lack of figure releases coming, it's just NECA takes it's sweet time, doesn't often mention the license across the board outside of interviews/arguments with customers, and releases 50/50 sculpts.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

_JNavs_ wrote:We're all aware Bandai just recently announced some vinyl Godzilla and Kong figures
There's been zero information on anything showcased at that licensing convention so for all intents and purposes, at least regarding "announcements", Bandai hasn't said anything yet.