The Disney Thread.

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Re: The Disney Thread.

Post by Terasawa »

I just wanna know how anyone could extrapolate I’m a racist because of the quoted comment.

Like... Liu is Chinese. She’s the same race as the majority population of Hong Kong. :lol:
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Stump Feet wrote:Damn, an elitist and a racist? Your reputation keeps growing Terasawa, I bet you hate puppies too.
He can't keep getting away with it :mad:
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Terasawa wrote:Like... Liu is Chinese. She’s the same race as the majority population of Hong Kong.
Yeah, I was wondering about that comment...
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I was suppose to say this a while ago wasn't i? :lol:

Anyway,a sequel to Aladdin is already in early development! But don't expect a remake of Return of Jafar https://www.indiewire.com/2019/08/aladd ... 202165790/

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

tyrantgoji wrote:I was suppose to say this a while ago wasn't i? :lol:

Anyway,a sequel to Aladdin is already in early development! But don't expect a remake of Return of Jafar https://www.indiewire.com/2019/08/aladd ... 202165790/
I still haven't seen Aladdin but I heard Jafar was the worst part of it
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Godzilla21 wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:I was suppose to say this a while ago wasn't i? :lol:

I still haven't seen Aladdin but I heard Jafar was the worst part of it
And that he was. His actor didn't fit the role in the slightest,contrast to everybody else who did well. So probably best they don't remake ROJ.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

So it may seem like most,if not ALL,of the Disney channels may go down after a squabble with them,DirectTV and ATaT. https://www.dallasnews.com/business/loc ... ney-warns/

I do wanna state though that this has happened plenty of times between TV Networks and other companies like Viacom. Plus,ESPN is one of the biggest channels around,are they really gonna risk taking it away?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

tyrantgoji wrote:So it may seem like most,if not ALL,of the Disney channels may go down after a squabble with them,DirectTV and ATaT. https://www.dallasnews.com/business/loc ... ney-warns/

I do wanna state though that this has happened plenty of times between TV Networks and other companies like Viacom. Plus,ESPN is one of the biggest channels around,are they really gonna risk taking it away?
Att lost two providers this year already for the same reason already.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Well i'm not sure about Att but i know that all the channels are still on DirecTV! For now at least.

Added in 29 days 2 hours 38 minutes 26 seconds:
I'm back because!...well honestly the threads been pretty dead and needs some more love. :lol:

I re-watched the Aladdin remake the other day,i would classify it as one of the better Live Action remakes. The music is splendid and everyone does fine in their roles,Will Smith stealing the show. Two major complaints though.

1: Marwan Kenzari (awesome name just wanna say) is simply not good at Jafar,at ALL. He's nowhere near as menacing and i feel like they should have cast an older actor.
2: The end credits song....they could have had the original Robin Williams version play in the backround,heck the could have even had both Robin and Will sing together! But nope. It's just DJ Kahled farting into the mic.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I had to clean theaters to that awful DJ Kahled version of "Friend Like Me" and it's equally nauseating follow-up cover of "A Whole New World". Horrible times.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Why exactly are so many people against the Ducktales reboot simply for its artistic style? I think it's not the style itself people have issues with, I think that it's because it's different from what people are accustomed to seeing from Disney. They just can't handle change.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

"Disney" and "Can't handle change" go hand in hand, from Star Wars to their remakes.

People just don't want the same reskinned shiit every time lol.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

LegendZilla wrote:Why exactly are so many people against the Ducktales reboot simply for its artistic style? I think it's not the style itself people have issues with, I think that it's because it's different from what people are accustomed to seeing from Disney. They just can't handle change.
I think people are jut tired of the CalArts style since it's pretty much taken over the cartoon industry. The show itself is...okay i guess. i haven't watched most of it.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

tyrantgoji wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:Why exactly are so many people against the Ducktales reboot simply for its artistic style? I think it's not the style itself people have issues with, I think that it's because it's different from what people are accustomed to seeing from Disney. They just can't handle change.
I think people are jut tired of the CalArts style since it's pretty much taken over the cartoon industry. The show itself is...okay i guess. i haven't watched most of it.
I have heard of CalArts before, but could you clarify what it is exactly?

Dynomy-DX
Interpol Agent

Post by Dynomy-DX »

People don’t like the DuckTales reboot? I thought it was getting lots of love, and rightfully so. It’s super well done.
Reignited... and hopefully less weird this time around.

I'm a guy with simple interests. Mostly revolving around monsters blowing up entire cities.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Dynomy-DX wrote:
People don’t like the DuckTales reboot? I thought it was getting lots of love, and rightfully so. It’s super well done.
More people are bashing it than you think.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

LegendZilla wrote:
Dynomy-DX wrote:
…...like?

Some examples would probably help because I'm with Dynomy, I've heard nothing but good.

RIP Evan.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
Dynomy-DX wrote:
…...like?

Some examples would probably help because I'm with Dynomy, I've heard nothing but good.
Not easy finding a specific source.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

LegendZilla wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
…...like?

Not easy finding a specific source.
You don't have one example of people bashing it and you're gonna make a large statement about tons of people hating it?

Legend, I think you have a future in journalism

RIP Evan.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Any one else find it funny that the soulless cash grab remakes make 1 billion at the box office but when Disney tries an original take it bombs. Maleficent 2 despite being a remake as we all know is completely different from Sleeping beauty and it bombed.

Lion King and Aladdin both hit 1B. Similar critic and audiance rotten tomatoes scores from all three.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image