General movies/Hollywood thread.

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: General movies/Hollywood thread.

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

ScarJo is a good actress, but she's also one of the richest. I don't think ScarJo needs anyone defending her :P

Unless I find out that an actor//actress has super fucked up views, like open racism or some shit, their personal opinions don't deter me or persuade me to see or enjoy films by them.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

What if they said GODZILLA movie 1998 was just as good if not better than Gojira movie 1954?
Last edited by Orichalcum on Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Orichalcum wrote:What if they said GODZILLA movie 1998 was just as good if not better than Gojira movie 1954?
Time to organize a boycott to VOTE WITH OUR WALLETS.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I'm not saying her opinion is smart or warranted. Still as long as it doesn't hurt someone else or insight hatred and violence towards others it's her's to have.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:I'm not saying her opinion is smart or warranted. Still as long as it doesn't hurt someone else or insight hatred and violence towards others it's her's to have.
Yeah.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Brad Pitt says the cancelled WWZINO sequel would've been really good.

Eh, didn't care for the first one (a TON of plot/logic holes and lack of blood in a ZOMBIE movie pretty much ruined it for me as did the nonstop shaky cams that made it impossible to tell WTF is going on and having jack all to do with the book except the title), so I really don't give a shit if there's no sequel TBH.

The Honest Trailer pretty much nailed it as did the 2 parter on YMS's channel:

Last edited by KManX89 on Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Your Local Theater Might Never Screen Classics Like 'Die Hard' Again, Thanks to Disney
For years, independent theaters have been able to screen old movies from 20th Century Fox's catalog, an archive of more than 2,000 films that stretches from the silent era in the 1920s all the way up to the present day. It's what allows your favorite local movie house to put on Die Hard and Home Alone at Christmastime, or show Fight Club in 35 millimeter film, or bring classics like The Sound of Music back to the big screen. But after its merger with Fox, Disney is refusing to let some indie theaters access 20th Century Fox's catalog—causing panic among cinemas that rely on it to survive.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Wow...
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Terasawa wrote:Your Local Theater Might Never Screen Classics Like 'Die Hard' Again, Thanks to Disney
For years, independent theaters have been able to screen old movies from 20th Century Fox's catalog, an archive of more than 2,000 films that stretches from the silent era in the 1920s all the way up to the present day. It's what allows your favorite local movie house to put on Die Hard and Home Alone at Christmastime, or show Fight Club in 35 millimeter film, or bring classics like The Sound of Music back to the big screen. But after its merger with Fox, Disney is refusing to let some indie theaters access 20th Century Fox's catalog—causing panic among cinemas that rely on it to survive.
That's actually a really scary and direct reason to show why and how Disney's monopoly is a dangerous thing to art (rather then conspiratorial things).

It's a shame because seeing a movie you really like on the big screen is such a great experience. When I lived in NYC I would go to indie theaters all the time. Thankfully the Angelika should be safe, but rip Sunrise.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Disney has always been about having control over the market. Even before home video (and putting films in “the vault”) they were very selective about what could be rented on 16mm and by who, because they made a lot of money in otherwise lean years by reissuing their classic catalog across the country.

Fortunately this only affects theaters that show first-run and catalog titles. Repertory theaters are presently unaffected. But it’s not a good sign.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

Of course this is real.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

kingkevzilla88 wrote:Of course this is real.
[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bALCU2NLlRE[/]
It was only a matter of time before a movie would capitalize on the selfie trend.

Just like Sony tried capitalizing on the popular emoji trend with The Emoji Movie. It failed (as Sony productions typically do), but they tried.
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Every year there’s always a lot of really bad low budget horror films, but that’s fine as every year there’s also usually a few really stellar.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

HBO is turning Maniac Cop into a show, Nicolas Winding Refn is charge of the production.

https://deadline.com/2019/10/maniac-cop ... 202757504/

This is isn't that surprising, seeing as they nearly run out of main stream movies and TV shows to reboot. I would like to see it, but I'm doubtful that will happen. All the big, new streaming services seem to strictly focussed on the US only.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

It's been confirmed by Sony themselves that Carnage isn't the only villain in Venom 2. Get ready to see Shriek!

I would add a link but trying to make one on my phone will take all day. I'm gonna add one when I get home.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

I assume you all have heard about the stunt woman who lost her arm and half her face on the set of the last Resident Evil film (The Final Chapter), right? She filed a lawsuit earlier this year because none of the production companies would compensate her for her serious life-altering injuries she suffered from an ill-prepared and poorly-managed film production set that, need I remind you, also killed another crew member. Well, guess what? Paul W.S. Anderson is now trying to get that lawsuit thrown out.

Wow, what a piece of shit. Garbage human AND garbage director/writer.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

KManX89 wrote:I assume you all have heard about the stunt woman who lost her arm and half her face on the set of the last Resident Evil film (The Final Chapter), right? She filed a lawsuit earlier this year because none of the production companies would compensate her for her serious life-altering injuries she suffered from an ill-prepared and poorly-managed film production set that, need I remind you, also killed another crew member. Well, guess what? Paul W.S. Anderson is now trying to get that lawsuit thrown out.

Wow, what a piece of poop. Garbage human AND garbage director/writer.
Christ almighty,what a crock of poop. Skreoonk him and this movie! People shouldn't have to die for films like this...

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »