Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
User avatar
eabaker
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 11255
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:16 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby eabaker » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:01 am

Terasawa wrote:Popular Godzilla Opinion: eabaker’s signature is the best on this forum.


Thanks! Although there are a few hardcore haters of the American cut who might vehemently disagree with you. :D
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

User avatar
Fish Cakes
Interpol Agent
Posts: 613
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:28 am
Location: Vague SF Bay Area

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby Fish Cakes » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:01 am

DirektorSplennic wrote:I just realized Mr. Goji disappeared too. He wasn't as frequent as Stumpy, but he's been gone for a while too...

I started talking to Mr. Goji elsewhere actually, really nice guy. Pretty sure he's banned for some months or a year or something.

There are members here constantly gravedancing people who clearly are no longer here and make other unironic shitposts seemingly getting off scot-free while the sarcastic assholes poking fun at their thin-skinned idiocy get warnings and bans for it. It's no wonder this place isn't active, it's not a hugbox, which is great, yet there does seem to be bias towards certain members when it comes to moderation.

So, that's my unpopular opinion I guess?
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

User avatar
Terasawa
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2114
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:06 am

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby Terasawa » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:10 am

eabaker wrote:
Terasawa wrote:Popular Godzilla Opinion: eabaker’s signature is the best on this forum.


Thanks! Although there are a few hardcore haters of the American cut who might vehemently disagree with you. :D


I think even the hardcore dub haters acknowledge KOTM because Toho acknowledges it. It will be ok for them to dump on it again in the future when King Toho no longer favors it.

Fish Cakes wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:I just realized Mr. Goji disappeared too. He wasn't as frequent as Stumpy, but he's been gone for a while too...

I started talking to Mr. Goji elsewhere actually, really nice guy. Pretty sure he's banned for some months or a year or something.

There are members here constantly gravedancing people who clearly are no longer here and make other unironic shitposts seemingly getting off scot-free while the sarcastic assholes poking fun at their thin-skinned idiocy get warnings and bans for it. It's no wonder this place isn't active, it's not a hugbox, which is great, yet there does seem to be bias towards certain members when it comes to moderation.

So, that's my unpopular opinion I guess?


It seems to me like there should be more mods, or they should be more active (perhaps not just browsing the forums but involved in the discussions). I’m aware people have lives and I wouldn’t want anyone to give theirs up for a Godzilla forum. The only mod that seemed to be consistently active in discussions (at least the ones I’ve participated in) was Maritonic but I haven’t seen him around in a while.
YouTube
変の声謎だよ。
Save All Dubs

Image

User avatar
DirektorSplennic
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 878
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:07 am
Location: Nebula M78

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby DirektorSplennic » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:57 pm

Fish Cakes wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:I just realized Mr. Goji disappeared too. He wasn't as frequent as Stumpy, but he's been gone for a while too...

I started talking to Mr. Goji elsewhere actually, really nice guy. Pretty sure he's banned for some months or a year or something.

There are members here constantly gravedancing people who clearly are no longer here and make other unironic shitposts seemingly getting off scot-free while the sarcastic assholes poking fun at their thin-skinned idiocy get warnings and bans for it. It's no wonder this place isn't active, it's not a hugbox, which is great, yet there does seem to be bias towards certain members when it comes to moderation.

So, that's my unpopular opinion I guess?

That sucks. I liked talking to them because their opinions were pretty much polar opposites to mine, which made conversations interesting.
Shin Gabara wrote:That's . . . quite the, uh-hum, specialty item.

#Ghidildo

MrRockett wrote:Late to this quote but if that turd burglar ever even made any threatening comments to me I’d find him and hammer him through the floor, go to the kitchen and have his mom make me lunch then set her up on a date with some Hells Angels so she doesn’t have to endure the shame that came out of her womb on YouTube...

User avatar
Godzilla21
Keizer
Posts: 8124
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:39 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby Godzilla21 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:34 pm

Fish Cakes wrote:There are members here constantly gravedancing people who clearly are no longer here and make other [u]unironic shitposts[/u] seemingly getting off scot-free while the sarcastic assholes poking fun at their thin-skinned idiocy get warnings and bans for it. It's no wonder this place isn't active, it's not a hugbox, which is great, yet there does seem to be bias towards certain members when it comes to moderation.


Do you have examples of these? If anything everyone seems pretty respectful about people being banned.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Online
User avatar
tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2465
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm
Location: Titan

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby tyrantgoji » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:44 pm

Godzilla21 wrote:
Fish Cakes wrote:There are members here constantly gravedancing people who clearly are no longer here and make other [u]unironic shitposts[/u] seemingly getting off scot-free while the sarcastic assholes poking fun at their thin-skinned idiocy get warnings and bans for it. It's no wonder this place isn't active, it's not a hugbox, which is great, yet there does seem to be bias towards certain members when it comes to moderation.


Do you have examples of these? If anything everyone seems pretty respectful about people being banned.


Well i did kinda do it when Ry got banned,and 90's did it when Breh got banned (but was he really banned though?) but we both stopped after one day,it was never constant and i can't recall a time where it was.

User avatar
LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan
Posts: 6561
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:57 pm
Location: 富士山

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:27 pm

Banning members for absurd reasons has always been a big issue on this site. I think the main thing is how the ban system works. You can get warnings for very minor things that accumulate over time. Which makes sense in theory. But then you really wonder if some of it is deserving, or just X user being annoying in Y amount of time. There's only one single member on here I thought should be banned, at least for a while, and I was laughing my ass off when someone wished/was happy people got banned. There's only like one member that got a quick outright ban on the site for something that was clear and understandable in recent memory. There was also only one clear example when someone should've gotten a warning for completely straw-manning another members critiques of a film and proceeding to call him essentially a child.

It's also just possible people don't want to visit this site all the time, which is up to them. If you look at my posting history, prior to moving to Japan I was only on here once a week or something. Now I don't really have any good outlets to write anything out, or read other people's opinions on things.

Question: was Goji89 banned for celery?
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

Online
User avatar
tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2465
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm
Location: Titan

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby tyrantgoji » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:33 am

Don't know how unpopular this is,but Obsidius is really not that terrible. I say this because I was kinda shocked at how many people don't like him.

User avatar
LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan
Posts: 6561
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:57 pm
Location: 富士山

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:03 am

tyrantgoji wrote:Don't know how unpopular this is,but Obsidius is really not that terrible. I say this because I was kinda shocked at how many people don't like him.

He’s not that terrible, but he’s still terrible. When I look at him, I’m always unsure if that big orange thing is supposed to be some sort of big eye, or mouth.

Godzilla unleashed out of all the Pipeworks games had the most technical issues, and time spent on Obsidius could have been spent fixing those issues or adding more Toho monsters. It’s not like Obsidius was some super boss monster or integral to the story either.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

User avatar
Smuggers
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2298
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:29 pm
Location: 連邦王国

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby Smuggers » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:50 pm

Today I remembered Obsidius exists.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.

goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

User avatar
eabaker
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 11255
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:16 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby eabaker » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:34 pm

Smuggers wrote:Today I remembered Obsidius exists.


You've got one up on me, because I have no idea what these people are talking about.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

User avatar
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President
Posts: 4752
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:25 am

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby GigaBowserG » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:46 pm

tyrantgoji wrote:Don't know how unpopular this is,but Obsidius is really not that terrible. I say this because I was kinda shocked at how many people don't like him.


The Visitor should have won... ):<
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

User avatar
G2000
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4794
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby G2000 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:15 pm

The biggest problem with Obsidious is that between his kind of unoriginal design and powers and his generic Frank Welker roars he seems so out of place. At least Krystallak seemed to jibe with the general Spacegodzilla/crystal theme going on, Obsidious just seemed there, like he'd just walked in from another game.

eabaker wrote:You've got one up on me, because I have no idea what these people are talking about.


He was one of the OC monsters from the Godzilla: Unleashed video game back in '07

Image
Last edited by G2000 on Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

User avatar
DirektorSplennic
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 878
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:07 am
Location: Nebula M78

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby DirektorSplennic » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:10 pm

I kinda like Obsidious' theme song.
Shin Gabara wrote:That's . . . quite the, uh-hum, specialty item.

#Ghidildo

MrRockett wrote:Late to this quote but if that turd burglar ever even made any threatening comments to me I’d find him and hammer him through the floor, go to the kitchen and have his mom make me lunch then set her up on a date with some Hells Angels so she doesn’t have to endure the shame that came out of her womb on YouTube...

User avatar
Dracosaurian
Interpol Agent
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 4:02 pm

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby Dracosaurian » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:29 pm

Imo, Obsidious just needs a couple of nice tweaks and it'd have a decent design.

User avatar
Terasawa
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2114
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:06 am

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby Terasawa » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:34 pm

I never understood why they felt they needed to make new characters when there are so many Toho catalog characters that any Godzilla fan would have rather seen.
YouTube
変の声謎だよ。
Save All Dubs

Image

User avatar
GmkGoji
Interpol Agent
Posts: 408
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:10 pm
Location: At a Zwei wing concert

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby GmkGoji » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:22 pm

Son of Godzilla is my guilty pleasure movie.
Image
Why yes. Yes it is.

User avatar
LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan
Posts: 6561
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:57 pm
Location: 富士山

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:26 pm

GmkGoji wrote:Son of Godzilla is my guilty pleasure movie.

Why guilty? It's a fantastic movie.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

User avatar
GmkGoji
Interpol Agent
Posts: 408
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:10 pm
Location: At a Zwei wing concert

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby GmkGoji » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:35 pm

A LOT of people say they hate it because of Minilla. I personally find him fine.
Image
Why yes. Yes it is.

User avatar
SoggyNoodles2016
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2379
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Location: My parents' basement

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:24 pm

GmkGoji wrote:Son of Godzilla is my guilty pleasure movie.

GmkGoji wrote:A LOT of people say they hate it because of Minilla. I personally find him fine.


The fact these are unpopular opinions is the most frustrating thing about the fandom and I thank god when anyone says something good about it
Image

#MinillaForSmash2019

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.


Return to “General Toho Films”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest