Location Talkback: Temple of Moth, Wall of Serpent, Nest of the Demon

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
BlankAccount
Sazer

Location Talkback: Temple of Moth, Wall of Serpent, Nest of the Demon

Post by BlankAccount »

The Temple of The Moth:

Mothra's latest birthplace, the temple was in very good condition when found, being mostly just overgrown with plants. The murals depict Mothra as a peaceful creature living in peace with ancient man, but references to a destructive dark twin were mentioned by Dr. Chen.

The Wall of Serpents:

Sadly we don't get to see much of the Antarctica base or if any artifacts where left at King Ghidorah's icy prison by ancient man or if said artifacts referencing him were found somewhere else much like how Skull Island's culture has references to other Titans not native to it's island.

The Nest of The Demon:

Sadly we didn't get to see Outpost 56 from the inside and see the temple it was built over. But thanks to MONARCH Sciences website, we know that Rodan was feared, respected or both by the hunters/warriors of ancient man. Murals were painted of him, partially using human blood as a sacrifice either asking for Rodan's blessings on a good hunt or trying to appease him in the hopes he would not attack them as they hunt.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Re: Location Talkback: Temple of Moth, Wall of Serpent, Nest of the Demon

Post by GmkGoji »

Rodan's murals were in blood? BRUTAL.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

GmkGoji wrote:Rodan's murals were in blood? BRUTAL.
Yep, top left of the Rodan pic, in the chatbox.

Serizawa: Remarkable use of color.

Chen: Analysis found traces of of blood in the pigment. Perhaps to honor the fallen that fought against Rodan? Or as an offering for his benevolence?

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Living Corpse wrote:references to a destructive dark twin were mentioned by Dr. Chen.
Wait WHAT?! They hinted at Battra and I missed it? Where did they say this??
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

GuardianGhido wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:references to a destructive dark twin were mentioned by Dr. Chen.
I don't remember if it was in the movie but in the novel either Chen when talking to Mark about her family being all twins or her sister talking to Brooks as they observed Mothra's cocoon, one of them mentions that moths in some cultures can be a symbol for destruction. Figured it had to come from somewhere and assumed it'd be referenced, where else, The Temple of The Moth.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Living Corpse wrote:
GuardianGhido wrote:
I don't remember if it was in the movie but in the novel either Chen when talking to Mark about her family being all twins or her sister talking to Brooks as they observed Mothra's cocoon, one of them mentions that moths in some cultures can be a symbol for destruction. Figured it had to come from somewhere and assumed it'd be referenced, where else, The Temple of The Moth.
Hmmm, I suppose that could be the case, but I believe it could also refer to Mothra herself being destructive. As shown by her webbing up the people after they threatened her when she woke up, I believe she puts the balance of nature above the safety of humanity and might be willing to kick the humans down a notch when they meddle with nature too much. So while she is benevolent 90% of the time, getting her mad could lead to some destruction.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Living Corpse wrote:
GuardianGhido wrote:
Now I REALLY hoping to have Godzilla vs. Kong succeed at the box office. Battra has been out of the picture movie years for too long. If Legendary did Mothra with justice, then I can only think of well-and terrifying-her twin brother would be.