Location Talkback: Castle Bravo & Godzilla's lair

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
BlankAccount
Sazer

Location Talkback: Castle Bravo & Godzilla's lair

Post by BlankAccount »

MONARCH Outpost: 54. Code-named: Castle Bravo

Located in Bermuda and built partially inside an undersea mountain/volcano, Outpost 54 was built in secret to monitor Godzilla who had disappeared from the public eye for 5 years. Part of the walls are natural, with fossils of ancient creatures embedded in them as MONARCH built inside the volcano. (source: Art of Making G:KOTM book)

Camouflage:

From the outside Outpost 54 looks like an oil rig, it's "heliport" is a cleverly disguised elevator entrance, the shaft leading down to the real base. This elvator shaft was big enough for an Osprey to fly down and land safely.

Advance Audio & Visual Systems:

The Outpost was built with several camera and microphones not only to monitor Godzilla and other sea faring monsters but also on the surface, should said sea monsters surface or a flying monster such as Mothra come by. They also had equipment to monitor Godzilla's heart rate and swimming speed.

Drones:

MONARCH had several submersible drones that could change to airborne ones should they encounter an air pocket or be on the surface. Though Godzilla took several offline, some survived and were used to explore Godzilla's temple later on.

Blast Shutters:

In case of an attack, Castle Bravo could enclose it's observation deck with blast shutters.

Submarine Bay:

The base was large enough to house several nuclear powered submarines, tiny one man subs and the aforementioned drones.

Autopsy room:

A huge operating room where MONARCH can perform autopsies out of the intrusive eyes of the public or military. Specimens include the MUTO pair from the 2014 attacks, MUTO Prime and the corpse of a long dead Titan named Margygr (Source: Novel).

MASERS:

Outpost 54 was equipped with several underwater Maser Cannons.

Godzilla's Lair

Discovered in 2019, the temple is deep under the ocean and has murals showing that ancient man once lived peacefully with the several Titan species. further proving MONARCH's theories that co-existence with Titans is possible. The entrance and pyramid are flanked by massive statues of Titanus Gojira, and intense heat radiates through the lost dead city as lava and radioactive elements bathe it. Both the outside and inside are littered with fossil remains of dead Titans, one notable specimen recovered outside was the fossil remains of a large ankylosaurus like creature code-named Titanus Angilas. It is unknown as this time if a living member of this species exists today though hieroglyphics depict that much like Mothra, it may have had a symbiotic relationship with the Godzilla species.

Vortex and Undersea Cave System:

When a submarine was sent to revive Godzilla it got sucked into a whirlpool of immense size & strength, once free of the strong water current they found themselves in a location that would have normally taken 6 hours to get to but they had reached in mere moments. It is believed that this is how Godzilla gets around the oceans of the world in a short amount of time, occasionally disappearing from one such as the Pacific and popping up at another such as the Atlantic. The creature uses these currents and underwater caves as a sort of highway to travel faster than what is normal for him, providing further evidence to Dr. Brooks' Hollow Earth theory. It should go without saying these currents are deadly, as Godzilla's temple was littered with a ship graveyard.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Re: Location Talkback: Castle Bravo & Godzilla's lair

Post by GuardianGhido »

Just throwing it out there, but Castle Bravo would be a really cool "main menu" room for a Monsterverse Godzilla game. Imagine the vessels and stuff being save slots that launch after continuing or starting, and an achievements/trophy room that showcases some cool stuff like the FeMUTO Head (achievement for beating the MUTO couple) or a broken off G14 spine (achievement for defeating MUTO Prime) as the trophies themselves or something. I find it to be a neat idea.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

Nice write up LC. One aspect of the film that really intrigued me was Godzilla's undersea layer, and if you look at the video where it shows how they made the layer, you can see actually for a moment that there is a art piece on the wall depicting Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, and Ghidorah all fighting. There's also another one where it shows Godzilla standing triumphant with Ghidorah falling down to the left of him, and Rodan to his right.

Also, teeny tiny nitpick, but the actualy Outpost itself is located in Bermuda, not the triangle (you can see the island outline in the background as they approach the rig in the movie) and the undersea volcano it's built into is the volcano that helped give birth to Bermuda! I know nobody else probably cares, but as a Bermudian I feel the need to point it out :lol:
"And if something good can come from bad, the past can Rest In Peace."

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

MothraRocks wrote:Nice write up LC. One aspect of the film that really intrigued me was Godzilla's undersea layer, and if you look at the video where it shows how they made the layer, you can see actually for a moment that there is a art piece on the wall depicting Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, and Ghidorah all fighting. There's also another one where it shows Godzilla standing triumphant with Ghidorah falling down to the left of him, and Rodan to his right.

Also, teeny tiny nitpick, but the actualy Outpost itself is located in Bermuda, not the triangle (you can see the island outline in the background as they approach the rig in the movie) and the undersea volcano it's built into is the volcano that helped give birth to Bermuda! I know nobody else probably cares, but as a Bermudian I feel the need to point it out :lol:
Fixed.

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

The masers were wasted potential, but a nice cameo nonetheless.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

A damn shame that they blew up Goji's temple.
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

Shadowfyre
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shadowfyre »

Yeah, I would love to see that more

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Shoopwoop17 wrote:A damn shame that they blew up Goji's temple.
The end credits say MONARCH or Monarch are exploring underground cities of lost civilizations. No clue if that means parts of Godzilla's city survived, they found something under Skull Island or a third location since the last 3 major news stories involve Skull Island.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Living Corpse wrote:
The end credits say MONARCH or Monarch are exploring underground cities of lost civilizations. No clue if that means parts of Godzilla's city survived, they found something under Skull Island or a third location since the last 3 major news stories involve Skull Island.
That or Godzilla has another temple somewhere in the Pacific (Mu) or even the Indian Ocean if Lemuria can be added in.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
That or Godzilla has another temple somewhere in the Pacific (Mu) or even the Indian Ocean if Lemuria can be added in.
True, not like he sticks in one ocean his whole life.

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

I would love if eventually the Hollow Earth was built up to unveiling a near-perfect intact continent of Mu, being the biggest "pocket" of them all, filled with history, flora, monsters and maybe even some groups of people left over.
"And if something good can come from bad, the past can Rest In Peace."

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Living Corpse wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
True, not like he sticks in one ocean his whole life.
Plus a smart guy like him would probably find multiple points to recharge his radiation reserves. (Maybe some of them being much deeper in the hollow Earth, possibly somewhat close to the planet's core)
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

Shadowfyre
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shadowfyre »

MothraRocks wrote:I would love if eventually the Hollow Earth was built up to unveiling a near-perfect intact continent of Mu, being the biggest "pocket" of them all, filled with history, flora, monsters and maybe even some groups of people left over.

That would be cool

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Was it ever confirmed that the temple was part of Atlantis? Just wondering.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

tyrantgoji wrote:Was it ever confirmed that the temple was part of Atlantis? Just wondering.
Nope. It's just a location of an unknown lost civilization.

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

The only thing I struggle to think about is how could Godzilla even walk through his lair/city without wrecking the buildings? It's an interesting idea but I just can't imagine Godzilla and humans living peacefully in one city without any sort of collateral damage being caused by Godzilla simply walking by.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

AllosaurHell wrote:The only thing I struggle to think about is how could Godzilla even walk through his lair/city without wrecking the buildings? It's an interesting idea but I just can't imagine Godzilla and humans living peacefully in one city without any sort of collateral damage being caused by Godzilla simply walking by.
Maybe they created huge pathways for him to walk through? He seems to have a temple where he can comfortably lie down, so the humans probably built the cities with his size in mind.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I like that Godzilla now has something similar to King Kong, a temple made in his image. Cause the most he ever had before that was Odo Island natives have a legend about a sea monster and in the past they would send a young girl out on a raft to appease the monster in the hopes it would let them fish before the practice was discontinued and they now just do a ceremonial dance. I mean yeah, Kong had women sacrificed to him in past incarnations too but he got a cool temple or gate to go with it.

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

Living Corpse wrote:I like that Godzilla now has something similar to King Kong, a temple made in his image. Cause the most he ever had before that was Odo Island natives have a legend about a sea monster and in the past they would send a young girl out on a raft to appease the monster in the hopes it would let them fish before the practice was discontinued and they now just do a ceremonial dance. I mean yeah, Kong had women sacrificed to him in past incarnations too but he got a cool temple or gate to go with it.
I personally like to think Showa Godzilla also has an underwater temple but we just never see it.

Added in 22 seconds:
GuardianGhido wrote:
AllosaurHell wrote:The only thing I struggle to think about is how could Godzilla even walk through his lair/city without wrecking the buildings? It's an interesting idea but I just can't imagine Godzilla and humans living peacefully in one city without any sort of collateral damage being caused by Godzilla simply walking by.
Maybe they created huge pathways for him to walk through? He seems to have a temple where he can comfortably lie down, so the humans probably built the cities with his size in mind.
I was thinking that too.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

AllosaurHell wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:I like that Godzilla now has something similar to King Kong, a temple made in his image. Cause the most he ever had before that was Odo Island natives have a legend about a sea monster and in the past they would send a young girl out on a raft to appease the monster in the hopes it would let them fish before the practice was discontinued and they now just do a ceremonial dance. I mean yeah, Kong had women sacrificed to him in past incarnations too but he got a cool temple or gate to go with it.
I personally like to think Showa Godzilla also has an underwater temple but we just never see it.
There's concept art floating around for the 1954 movie where Godzilla and several members of his species are resting on the ocean floor before an H-bomb goes off on the surface.