Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Post by eabaker »

Terasawa wrote:Popular Godzilla Opinion: eabaker’s signature is the best on this forum.
Thanks! Although there are a few hardcore haters of the American cut who might vehemently disagree with you. :D
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

DirektorSplennic wrote:I just realized Mr. Goji disappeared too. He wasn't as frequent as Stumpy, but he's been gone for a while too...
I started talking to Mr. Goji elsewhere actually, really nice guy. Pretty sure he's banned for some months or a year or something.

There are members here constantly gravedancing people who clearly are no longer here and make other unironic shitposts seemingly getting off scot-free while the sarcastic assholes poking fun at their thin-skinned idiocy get warnings and bans for it. It's no wonder this place isn't active, it's not a hugbox, which is great, yet there does seem to be bias towards certain members when it comes to moderation.

So, that's my unpopular opinion I guess?
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

eabaker wrote:
Terasawa wrote:Popular Godzilla Opinion: eabaker’s signature is the best on this forum.
Thanks! Although there are a few hardcore haters of the American cut who might vehemently disagree with you. :D
I think even the hardcore dub haters acknowledge KOTM because Toho acknowledges it. It will be ok for them to dump on it again in the future when King Toho no longer favors it.
Fish Cakes wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:I just realized Mr. Goji disappeared too. He wasn't as frequent as Stumpy, but he's been gone for a while too...
I started talking to Mr. Goji elsewhere actually, really nice guy. Pretty sure he's banned for some months or a year or something.

There are members here constantly gravedancing people who clearly are no longer here and make other unironic shitposts seemingly getting off scot-free while the sarcastic assholes poking fun at their thin-skinned idiocy get warnings and bans for it. It's no wonder this place isn't active, it's not a hugbox, which is great, yet there does seem to be bias towards certain members when it comes to moderation.

It seems to me like there should be more mods, or they should be more active (perhaps not just browsing the forums but involved in the discussions). I’m aware people have lives and I wouldn’t want anyone to give theirs up for a Godzilla forum. The only mod that seemed to be consistently active in discussions (at least the ones I’ve participated in) was Maritonic but I haven’t seen him around in a while.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Fish Cakes wrote:

That sucks. I liked talking to them because their opinions were pretty much polar opposites to mine, which made conversations interesting.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Fish Cakes wrote: There are members here constantly gravedancing people who clearly are no longer here and make other unironic shitposts seemingly getting off scot-free while the sarcastic assholes poking fun at their thin-skinned idiocy get warnings and bans for it. It's no wonder this place isn't active, it's not a hugbox, which is great, yet there does seem to be bias towards certain members when it comes to moderation.
Do you have examples of these? If anything everyone seems pretty respectful about people being banned.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Godzilla21 wrote:
Fish Cakes wrote: There are members here constantly gravedancing people who clearly are no longer here and make other unironic shitposts seemingly getting off scot-free while the sarcastic assholes poking fun at their thin-skinned idiocy get warnings and bans for it. It's no wonder this place isn't active, it's not a hugbox, which is great, yet there does seem to be bias towards certain members when it comes to moderation.
Do you have examples of these? If anything everyone seems pretty respectful about people being banned.
Well i did kinda do it when Ry got banned,and 90's did it when Breh got banned (but was he really banned though?) but we both stopped after one day,it was never constant and i can't recall a time where it was.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Banning members for absurd reasons has always been a big issue on this site. I think the main thing is how the ban system works. You can get warnings for very minor things that accumulate over time. Which makes sense in theory. But then you really wonder if some of it is deserving, or just X user being annoying in Y amount of time. There's only one single member on here I thought should be banned, at least for a while, and I was laughing my ass off when someone wished/was happy people got banned. There's only like one member that got a quick outright ban on the site for something that was clear and understandable in recent memory. There was also only one clear example when someone should've gotten a warning for completely straw-manning another members critiques of a film and proceeding to call him essentially a child.

It's also just possible people don't want to visit this site all the time, which is up to them. If you look at my posting history, prior to moving to Japan I was only on here once a week or something. Now I don't really have any good outlets to write anything out, or read other people's opinions on things.

Question: was Goji89 banned for celery?
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Don't know how unpopular this is,but Obsidius is really not that terrible. I say this because I was kinda shocked at how many people don't like him.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

tyrantgoji wrote:Don't know how unpopular this is,but Obsidius is really not that terrible. I say this because I was kinda shocked at how many people don't like him.
He’s not that terrible, but he’s still terrible. When I look at him, I’m always unsure if that big orange thing is supposed to be some sort of big eye, or mouth.

Godzilla unleashed out of all the Pipeworks games had the most technical issues, and time spent on Obsidius could have been spent fixing those issues or adding more Toho monsters. It’s not like Obsidius was some super boss monster or integral to the story either.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

Today I remembered Obsidius exists.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Smuggers wrote:Today I remembered Obsidius exists.
You've got one up on me, because I have no idea what these people are talking about.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

tyrantgoji wrote:Don't know how unpopular this is,but Obsidius is really not that terrible. I say this because I was kinda shocked at how many people don't like him.
The Visitor should have won... ):<
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

The biggest problem with Obsidious is that between his kind of unoriginal design and powers and his generic Frank Welker roars he seems so out of place. At least Krystallak seemed to jibe with the general Spacegodzilla/crystal theme going on, Obsidious just seemed there, like he'd just walked in from another game.
eabaker wrote:You've got one up on me, because I have no idea what these people are talking about.
He was one of the OC monsters from the Godzilla: Unleashed video game back in '07

Last edited by G2000 on Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

I kinda like Obsidious' theme song.

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

Imo, Obsidious just needs a couple of nice tweaks and it'd have a decent design.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

I never understood why they felt they needed to make new characters when there are so many Toho catalog characters that any Godzilla fan would have rather seen.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

Son of Godzilla is my guilty pleasure movie.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

GmkGoji wrote:Son of Godzilla is my guilty pleasure movie.
Why guilty? It's a fantastic movie.

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

A LOT of people say they hate it because of Minilla. I personally find him fine.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

GmkGoji wrote:Son of Godzilla is my guilty pleasure movie.
GmkGoji wrote:A LOT of people say they hate it because of Minilla. I personally find him fine.
The fact these are unpopular opinions is the most frustrating thing about the fandom and I thank god when anyone says something good about it

RIP Evan.