World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Post by GuardianGhido »

Considering how readily he teamed up with Gigan, I'd like to see Megalon also be an alien mercenary of sorts like Gigan is instead of some random monster worshipped by ancient civilizations. Those drilll hands would be better as cybernetics like Gigan. Heck, he even spits bombs which could be another cybernetic ability.
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

GuardianGhido wrote:Considering how readily he teamed up with Gigan, I'd like to see Megalon also be an alien mercenary of sorts like Gigan is instead of some random monster worshipped by ancient civilizations. Those drilll hands would be better as cybernetics like Gigan. Heck, he even spits bombs which could be another cybernetic ability.
I don't know, I like the ancient civilization angle. His drills and bombs can still be cybernetic, look at all the versions of Atlantis that are depicted as an technologically advanced civilization. Atlantis genetically engineered a rocket powered Gamera in the Hesei trilogy. Look at the Atlantis depicted in the Aquaman movie, I could see them making drill hands and bombs for a monster. The alien thing would just make him less unique. But I definitely like updating him to be more cybernetic and such, nice idea!

Just change the name of the civilization, Seatopia sounds...not ancient, more like a modern resort or something. Atlantis, Mu, Lemuria, tons of options for ancient underwater civilizations.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

GuardianGhido wrote:Considering how readily he teamed up with Gigan, I'd like to see Megalon also be an alien mercenary of sorts like Gigan is instead of some random monster worshipped by ancient civilizations. Those drilll hands would be better as cybernetics like Gigan. Heck, he even spits bombs which could be another cybernetic ability.
He kind of already is. See if he had more films he'd be the alien invader of other planets who just happens to come from Earth.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Vakanai wrote:
I don't know, I like the ancient civilization angle. His drills and bombs can still be cybernetic, look at all the versions of Atlantis that are depicted as an technologically advanced civilization. Atlantis genetically engineered a rocket powered Gamera in the Hesei trilogy. Look at the Atlantis depicted in the Aquaman movie, I could see them making drill hands and bombs for a monster. The alien thing would just make him less unique. But I definitely like updating him to be more cybernetic and such, nice idea!

Just change the name of the civilization, Seatopia sounds...not ancient, more like a modern resort or something. Atlantis, Mu, Lemuria, tons of options for ancient underwater civilizations.
Hmmm, this angle could also work. instead of making Megalon something the primitive civilizations worship like a god, make the ancient civilization like the precursors from Pacific Rim with Megalon being their ultimate bioweapon that they want to use to conquer the planet.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

Ultimategodzilla2054
Yojimbo

Post by Ultimategodzilla2054 »

I'd like to see more obscure monsters like manda, gorosaurus, varan, etc get more love than they have recently. Especially varan and gorosaurus, as they havent been in a film in almost 60 years.
You fool, I'm no mere super godzilla. I'm a godzilla that has ascended past that form
I AM...
ULTIMATE GODZILLA

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Ultimategodzilla2054 wrote:I'd like to see more obscure monsters like manda, gorosaurus, varan, etc get more love than they have recently. Especially varan and gorosaurus, as they havent been in a film in almost 60 years.
It'd be cool if we got Goro in the MV, as an homage to Toho. Some might say "he's not worth it, they wouldn't do it", but we really have no idea how much he'd be.

Varan being some kinda giant demon like Toho wanted would be a pretty wicked start to Toho's Nu-universe. I wonder how much of a redesign they'd give him?
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

^On the topic of Varan, I really want to see him in another film, but have his lore really expanded upon. Have him be this creature that was so vile and destructive that ancient villages believed he had to be some sort of demon. Have him do stuff like excrete venom through his bite and spines and have him be cunning and play dirty in fights with monsters. I think Varan is just such an underutilized kaiju (I'm sure most people here think that), but also really want to see him kinda fill a role that opposes that of King Caesar and Mothra as mystical protective deities.

Speaking of which, I would love if King Caesar was thrown back into the mix, with them playing off of the original story of the Shisa. He's a cool monster, I want to see a modern take on him.
"And if something good can come from bad, the past can Rest In Peace."

Ultimategodzilla2054
Yojimbo

Post by Ultimategodzilla2054 »

You know, it's probably not gonna happen, but I would love if Bagan finally got to appear in a film. He's such a cool concept and the fact that he's been considered for so many films, but was always shelved for budgetary or other reasons really makes him very noteworthy.
You fool, I'm no mere super godzilla. I'm a godzilla that has ascended past that form
I AM...
ULTIMATE GODZILLA

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Ultimategodzilla2054 wrote:You know, it's probably not gonna happen, but I would love if Bagan finally got to appear in a film. He's such a cool concept and the fact that he's been considered for so many films, but was always shelved for budgetary or other reasons really makes him very noteworthy.
Honestly I could do without Bagan. Just like Ghost Godzilla, he was a.product of his time who missed his mark and has a 1% chance of showing up anyway.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

MothraRocks wrote: Have him do stuff like excrete venom through his bite and spines
I'd be on board for this. Maybe he could be given naturalistic ranged attacks, too, like the ability to spit venom, or fling venomous spines from his tail.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

I'm Thinking Varan. Varan needs more attention. He is the point of forgettable.
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

I would actually like to see World focus more on the other monsters in Godzilla

I think no matter how well done Godzilla is in both series, having two series at once could be bad. However you don't have that with an awesome Space movie with Gigan!

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Some continuity with a few side films would be nice. Not exactly like Heisei with a linear story from A to B or an anthology like the Milennium syeries, but something like the Showa series with seperate, yet connected movies with a more dynamic continuity with solo movies for other Kaijus and some major crossover events (like GTTHM or DAM) worldbuilding and character development.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Frankenstein. I'm getting tired of all these reptilian monsters crawling around these films. It's time for more Humanoids!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

If SpaceGodzilla and Biollante don't get another shot at the big screen, I'll consider this era a failure.
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9Rq ... r78nzbs-FQ

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Gojirawars 03 wrote:If SpaceGodzilla and Biollante don't get another shot at the big screen, I'll consider this era a failure.
I feel like Biollante can call it a day at this point, amazingly executed as she was in her debut film, but I for sure wouldn't be complaining if she returned. And yes, poor Spacegodzilla is in dire need of a second appearance. There are so many cool new angles they could take with him, and he (along with Biollante, really) could seriously benefit from the capabilities of modern CGI.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

JAGzilla wrote:
Gojirawars 03 wrote:If SpaceGodzilla and Biollante don't get another shot at the big screen, I'll consider this era a failure.
I feel like Biollante can call it a day at this point, amazingly executed as she was in her debut film, but I for sure wouldn't be complaining if she returned. And yes, poor Spacegodzilla is in dire need of a second appearance. There are so many cool new angles they could take with him, and he (along with Biollante, really) could seriously benefit from the capabilities of modern CGI.
Biollante was amazing well done for something without the aid of CGI. I know the more people it takes to bring a monster to life, the harder the execution is. Though I feel crystal fortress for Spacegodzilla while a cool battle ground could have been done better. Spacegodzilla needs to return if for no other reason that he spices up the battlefield making it more dynamic and not just another fight in some random city as there's giant crystals everywhere.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

What if the they aren’t reused but the movies we get are really good? Still a failure?
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Now this is REALLY out there,but if things go smooth enough,do you guys think we could see the Trilopods from the IDW comic series?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

tyrantgoji wrote:Now this is REALLY out there,but if things go smooth enough,do you guys think we could see the Trilopods from the IDW comic series?
Nope.