MonsterVerse: Beyond 2020

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Re: MonsterVerse: Beyond 2020

Post by Orichalcum »

No one's saying it wouldn't make sense for another Ghidorah to show up, it'd just be incredibly stupid if one did, not because there can't be another one, but because it'd undersell the Ghidorah's we already got and it'd be redundant as hell.

Give me new baddy or another non Ghidorah Toho monster, not another retread.
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Orichalcum wrote:No one's saying it wouldn't make sense for another Ghidorah to show up, it'd just be incredibly stupid if one did, not because there can't be another one, but because it'd undersell the Ghidorah's we already got and it'd be redundant as hell.

Give me new baddy or another non Ghidorah Toho monster, not another retread.
Doesn't have to automatically be stupid. Toho did it for years and it's already been confirmed that there can be multiple of the same Titan.

Especially if they went in a DesGhidorah or Keizer Ghidorah route.

It largely depends on how well it's done.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Post by JesstrK »

If we do see Ghidorah again (which I hope does happen at some point; as awesome as this version was, there were so many missed opportunities with him), I’d rather it be the same Ghidorah regenerated from the left head. They could even have him regenerate into a more powerful “adapted” form that looks similar to Keizer Ghidorah as a nod to that version.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

As big of a fan as Dougherty is I'm I'm surprised Ghidorah didn't escape.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

I don't think we will ever see Ghidorah again unless the Monsterverse continues after Godzilla vs Kong... Ghidorah was killed off simply because of the monsterverse ends then his story is finished, if he escaped and Godzilla vs Kong bombs then we would have a lot of ''What ifs''

I doubt Ghidorah or Mecha-Ghidorah will be the villain in Godzilla vs Kong. It'll either be Mecha-Godzilla or another Titan.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

miguelnuva wrote:As big of a fan as Dougherty is I'm I'm surprised Ghidorah didn't escape.
Then watch that said post credits had King Ghidorah landing on Skull Island and transferring his consciousness into Kong. :lol:

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:As big of a fan as Dougherty is I'm I'm surprised Ghidorah didn't escape.
Then watch that said post credits had King Ghidorah landing on Skull Island and transferring his consciousness into Kong. :lol:
???

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
This doesn't make sense lol

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

I mean say King Ghidorah escapes but barely he's weakened and on the verge of dying perhaps missing a head (Regeneration not working due to how badly damaged his body is and almost drained of energy) and only last hope of surviving is transferring himself into another living being.

Of course it didn't happen and many people weren't too keen on the idea to begin with. Only said it as a joke.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Why is this coming back? I thought this was long dead.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

Never underestimate the power of a shit post, Maritonic

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

There’s definitely something happening with Ghidorah whether it’s meant for GvsKong or beyond that. Hopefully we go beyond GvsKong to find out.
Last edited by Cookson on Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I think the kaiju need more unique cities to fight in. I love a good scuffle in Tokyo or New York but most are expecting that,how about somewhere new?

I was thinking of Dubai in the United Arab Emirates. It may not be that big but you could have Godzilla and other monsters interact with the Burj Khalifla,the world's tallest building. Could be the only building Godzilla could actually fight in without it collapsing on him right away. :lol:

It could be such a cool action scene! The tower would begin to collapse on Godzilla and his enemy and their constantly trying to escape the structure before they get crushed!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

^Same here, I'd like some cities and places that haven't been in the franchise before! Going off of that, I'd also love to see some underwater battles take place. The new effects could make it really cool and dramatic, and seeing Godzilla underwater at Castle Bravo is just an example of how cool he looks underwater. Hell, I'd love if they had a battle take place around Bermuda's extinct volcano (though I'm probably biased on that, being Bermudian and all :lol: )
"And if something good can come from bad, the past can Rest In Peace."

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

And why stop at places? Why not time periods too? This Godzilla and most of the other titans weren't created by manmade means, but rather existed since ancient times. Why not have a Mothra movie set in Ancient China? Or a movie showing the "titan war" in the Hollow Earth alluded to in KOTM's credits? What about Ghidorah's first worldwide rampage in prehistoric times, possibly causing the Great Dying? What about showing what happened to the Anguirus skeleton seen in KOTM? There's tons of settings just lying in wait to be used!
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

KingZillla
Interpol Agent

Post by KingZillla »

So what happens after Godzilla vs. Kong? Do we have any idea yet
We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent... Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." -The King Returns, 2016.

Let them fight - 2019

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

KingZillla wrote:So what happens after Godzilla vs. Kong? Do we have any idea yet
Won't know till we know how well the movie does.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

So how do you guys think Orga could work in the MonsterVerse? Alien lifeform trying to take the shape of Earth's Titans? Maybe a weird lab experiment gone wrong? Mix of both?
Last edited by Gigantis on Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

tyrantgoji wrote:So how do you guys think Orga could work in the MonsterVerse? Alien lifeform trying to take the shape of Earth's Titans? Maybe a weird lab experiment gone wrong? Mix of both?
I don't think they'd bother tbh lol, but if someone randomly made a video "G3 Orga MAIN VILLAIN CONFIRMED"

I think he'd just be an Alien (Maybe from the same planet as Ghidorah?? Which could be what chased Ghidorah away in the novel) that has tremendous strength and the ability to kinda "The Thing" other Titans.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I like the idea of him becoming a hybrid of himself and other titans but maybe he has to get.a certain number of DNA from a titan or else the changes aren't permanent.