Your fears for Godzilla Vs Kong

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: Your fears for Godzilla Vs Kong

Post by BlankAccount »

Godzillabrawler wrote:My personal fear, as always, is that we won't get any good daytime fights, which was one of my gripes with KOTM despite liking it a ton overall. Thankfully, Skull Island made sure the final fight was in the light, so maybe we'll be lucky this time.
Godzilla = Night Time.

King Kong = Day Time.

Ergo, Godzilla vs Kong fights will be at the Dawn and Dusk. :P
KingKong2005 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:It actually doesn't get any more realistic than that.

Godzilla wins = happens every time

Kong dies = happens every time

Godzilla gets squashed and needs help = happens every time

Godzilla teams up to face a bigger foe = happens every time
There's no reason for Kong to die so early, much less at all. He isn't 50 feet tall, he isn't gonna climb the ESB and get shot down by biplanes, he's a Godzilla-sized kaiju. He and Godzilla need to both stay alive for most of the Monsterverse.

The team up should not happen at all, I'm paying to watch Godzilla fight Kong not a team up against a bigger threat after their fight. Monsterverse is going past 2020, confirmed multiple times by Warner Bros, so they're clearly saving a team up for later films which is smart.
I have mixed feelings on this, on one hand having any of them die in a later film would be a great emotional closure for the MV if done right, on the other hand it'd be nice to get an American series where Kong lives.

I only just now realized all the films where Kong survives (sequels included) before K:SI are Japanese.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Kong living would be cool going forward. I never said he should die lmao, I said it happens near every time.

I've been one of the people campaigning for a Kong trilogy to tag along with Godzilla's. But what Crispy_G said could definitely happen considering the circumstances.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

One thing I like about the Monsterverse Kong compared to the others is that he's not just some giant ape, he's a full-on Kaiju/Daikaiju/Titan. He only took a few cuts that healed easily from the helicopter blades, shrugged off bullets, had rather minor burns from napalm with only the fumes really causing him trouble and did all that as an adolescent, so I imagine he'd be immune to fatal damage from all kinds of conventional weaponry when he grows up (barring something like the Oxygen Destroyer or something). It's a really fresh take on Kong compared to the incarnations that are just big animals that die to normal human weapons, this one's a member of a giant nigh unstoppable ancient superspecies much like the Big G himself. He feels a lot more "grand" than the other American incarnations (and even some of the Toho incarnations with his backstory and the emotion he shows). I'd rather have him never die at all, being a subversion of his tradition of dying at the end.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

GuardianGhido wrote:One thing I like about the Monsterverse Kong compared to the others is that he's not just some giant ape, he's a full-on Kaiju/Daikaiju/Titan. He only took a few cuts that healed easily from the helicopter blades, shrugged off bullets, had rather minor burns from napalm with only the fumes really causing him trouble and did all that as an adolescent, so I imagine he'd be immune to fatal damage from all kinds of conventional weaponry when he grows up (barring something like the Oxygen Destroyer or something). It's a really fresh take on Kong compared to the incarnations that are just big animals that die to normal human weapons, this one's a member of a giant nigh unstoppable ancient superspecies much like the Big G himself. He feels a lot more "grand" than the other American incarnations (and even some of the Toho incarnations with his backstory and the emotion he shows). I'd rather have him never die at all, being a subversion of his tradition of dying at the end.
Oxygen Destroyer is not a conventional weapon. That's why it was a big deal in the 1954 film.

Yeah I feel like this Kong is more closely related to humans than a gorilla (maybe even our closest relative) which lends to that cool bigfoot theme, like a long lost cousin that grew to giant size. And it's somewhat believable as there's monkeys small enough to fit in the palm of your hand.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Supposed Godzilla vs Kong footage descriptions are making their rounds on Twitter.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Supposed Godzilla vs Kong footage descriptions are making their rounds on Twitter.
That's not scary.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

No but the Godzilla vs Kong thread is still locked.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

tyrantgoji wrote:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Supposed Godzilla vs Kong footage descriptions are making their rounds on Twitter.
That's not scary.
GRRR!

*LC kicks down door, gets in faces to tell tale*

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened. One stood. He choose the path of perpetual spoilers. In his ravenous fanboyism he found no peace. And with Mountain Dew blood he scoured the Internet planes seeking vengeance against the Dark Mods who had locked him. And those that tasted the bite of his posts named him....The Fun Slayer.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Living Corpse wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:
That's not scary.
GRRR!

*LC kicks down door, gets in faces to tell tale*

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened. One stood. He choose the path of perpetual spoilers. In his ravenous fanboyism he found no peace. And with Mountain Dew blood he scoured the Internet planes seeking vengeance against the Dark Mods who had locked him. And those that tasted the bite of his posts named him....The Fun Slayer.
...Okay whoever your talking about i was not around to see,who is this?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

tyrantgoji wrote: ...Okay whoever your talking about i was not around to see,who is this?
Made up. Just kind of making fun of the fact some people seek spoilers cause they have to know everything right away instead of waiting for a movie

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Only fear is that the problems In KOTM are done tenfold in this one, other than that not much, but still not expecting anything special.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

nahnahnah
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

That it was pushed back a year only to end up being bad.

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

I’m worried that this will be a dumpster fire like Rise of Skywalker apparently is.

The reshoots. The indecision about what direction to take this universe.

Extremely nervous but hoping for the best

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

king_ghidorah wrote:I’m worried that this will be a dumpster fire like Rise of Skywalker apparently is.

>Comparing this to Rise of Skywalker.

LMAO. :lol:

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Man I hope it’s apples and oranges. Cause what I’ve heard about Star Wars....oof.

keizerkaiju
Monarch Researcher

Post by keizerkaiju »

king_ghidorah wrote:Man I hope it’s apples and oranges. Cause what I’ve heard about Star Wars....oof.
Now sure how it can be compared in any way. Even assuming Rise of Skywalker is a "dumpster fire", it'll still make a gazillion dollars.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

This'll have to be Uwe Boll bad for it to disappoint me any more than the rest of the MonsterVerse already has.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:
Have a link? I wanna see if this is plausible.
Holy crap, I just realized I'm stupid and OP was from 3 months ago.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
king_ghidorah wrote:I’m worried that this will be a dumpster fire like Rise of Skywalker apparently is.

>Comparing this to Rise of Skywalker.

LMAO. :lol:
Yeah, there is NO way how GvK will be THAT bad. Even if GvK is underwhelming, at least we'll still get some fun out of the movie.