Your fears for Godzilla Vs Kong

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Re: Your fears for Godzilla Vs Kong

Post by Chrispy_G »

I absolutely LOVED KOTM.

I'm worried that they'll "learn" all of the wrong lessons from that film not being a giant hit.

Some daytime, clean and clear fight scenes would be quite cool.

Also....I'm worried that for whatever reason they'll make Godzilla lose. The Director has said he wanted it to feel like there was a clear-cut winner, and if you ask me, it is Godzilla's turn.

SOOOO I'm hoping Toho somehow plugged in some kind of contractual caveat that Godzilla must be the winner in any kind of Godzilla vs Kong battle. I think it is almost destined that Godzilla wins the fight, then gets stomped by a bigger and worse monster, and then Kong comes in to save him and they team up to take it out, but Kong dies from his wounds....which is a fairly traditional Kong thing to do.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

^Doesn't get any cringier then that.
Image Image

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

It actually doesn't get any more realistic than that.

Godzilla wins = happens every time

Kong dies = happens every time

Godzilla gets squashed and needs help = happens every time

Godzilla teams up to face a bigger foe = happens every time
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Chrispy_G wrote:I absolutely LOVED KOTM.

I'm worried that they'll "learn" all of the wrong lessons from that film not being a giant hit.

Also....I'm worried that for whatever reason they'll make Godzilla lose. The Director has said he wanted it to feel like there was a clear-cut winner, and if you ask me, it is Godzilla's turn.

SOOOO I'm hoping Toho somehow plugged in some kind of contractual caveat that Godzilla must be the winner in any kind of Godzilla vs Kong battle. I think it is almost destined that Godzilla wins the fight, then gets stomped by a bigger and worse monster, and then Kong comes in to save him and they team up to take it out, but Kong dies from his wounds....which is a fairly traditional Kong thing to do.
NO. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NON NOOOOOOOOOO. Not only is that just a dumb rule in general,but it's alsoextremely petty of them to do,and Toho should know better than that. Also disagree with Kong dying so soon. Save that for a later movie,but not now when there's only four movies in a cinematic universe they wan't to expand.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

tyrantgoji wrote:

NO. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NON NOOOOOOOOOO. Not only is that just a dumb rule in general,but it's alsoextremely petty of them to do,and Toho should know better than that. Also disagree with Kong dying so soon. Save that for a later movie,but not now when there's only four movies in a cinematic universe they wan't to expand.
Is this the same studio that supposedly has a clause that states he can't die in any American film?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

_JNavs_ wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:

Is this the same studio that supposedly has a clause that states he can't die in any American film?
Well TBF,they're probably still a little soar from 98. :lol: But that would be different. Kong most likely won't kill Godzilla,and Toho has no qualms with him losing in the American films. A rule like that would be downright faceplam inducing.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

tyrantgoji wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:
Well TBF,they're probably still a little soar from 98. :lol: But that would be different. Kong most likely won't kill Godzilla,and Toho has no qualms with him losing in the American films. A rule like that would be downright faceplam inducing.
I don't blame them :lol: , I do agree a rule like that would be despicable, especially since he's (temporarily) lost in both KOTM and G14.

But where did this rumor of "Toho says Godzilla can't die" start?

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

It was part of the stipulations Toho issued to TriStar when they made their film in the ‘90s.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

tyrantgoji wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:
That was a rule before and during 1998. D&E still broke it (along with other rules).

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

They were technically able to get around it by the egg at the end. They found a lot of loopholes like that to exploit.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

_JNavs_ wrote: Kong dies = happens every time
Personally I hope we never see anything like this until some Endgame level sacrifice at the Destroy All Monsters finale of the Monsterverse or something. I wanna see Kong become a Monsterverse staple and stay with us for a long time if the MV continues.
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

everything
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

That the film will randomly make one of them a villain.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

GuardianGhido wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Kong dies = happens every time
Personally I hope we never see anything like this until some Endgame level sacrifice at the Destroy All Monsters finale of the Monsterverse or something. I wanna see Kong become a Monsterverse staple and stay with us for a long time if the MV continues.
Yes.

Godzillabrawler
Monarch Researcher

Post by Godzillabrawler »

My personal fear, as always, is that we won't get any good daytime fights, which was one of my gripes with KOTM despite liking it a ton overall. Thankfully, Skull Island made sure the final fight was in the light, so maybe we'll be lucky this time.
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:That the film will randomly make one of them a villain.
I have a feeling it's going to be less about one of them being evil and moreso about them both being territorial. Like two football quarterbacks at a frat party trying to act the most badass and getting into a petty fistfight over some random stuff.
"There's two things you don't know about the Earth. One is me. And the other is... Godzilla."

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Godzillabrawler wrote:
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:That the film will randomly make one of them a villain.
I have a feeling it's going to be less about one of them being evil and moreso about them both being territorial. Like two football quarterbacks at a frat party trying to act the most badass and getting into a petty fistfight over some random stuff.
Plus it's not like heroes fighting heroes hasn't been done well before. *cough* civil war *cough*
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

GuardianGhido wrote:
Godzillabrawler wrote:
Plus it's not like heroes fighting heroes hasn't been done well before. *cough* civil war *cough*
Or done better before that *cough* Dark Knight Returns *cough*

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

_JNavs_ wrote:It actually doesn't get any more realistic than that.

Godzilla wins = happens every time

Kong dies = happens every time

Godzilla gets squashed and needs help = happens every time

Godzilla teams up to face a bigger foe = happens every time
There's no reason for Kong to die so early, much less at all. He isn't 50 feet tall, he isn't gonna climb the ESB and get shot down by biplanes, he's a Godzilla-sized kaiju. He and Godzilla need to both stay alive for most of the Monsterverse.

The team up should not happen at all, I'm paying to watch Godzilla fight Kong not a team up against a bigger threat after their fight. Monsterverse is going past 2020, confirmed multiple times by Warner Bros, so they're clearly saving a team up for later films which is smart.
Image Image

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

KingKong2005 wrote:Monsterverse is going past 2020, confirmed multiple times by Warner Bros,
Yeah because the corporation trying to push its products is definitely one to trust.

MonsterVerse isn't continuing unless GVK makes enough money to persuade them to do so.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote:Monsterverse is going past 2020, confirmed multiple times by Warner Bros,
Yeah because the corporation trying to push its products is definitely one to trust.

MonsterVerse isn't continuing unless GVK makes enough money to persuade them to do so.
Considering that Kong is the Monsterverse's highest grossing character, and that it's Godzilla Vs Kong, I can see it making enough money. 750 mill at least (with proper marketing).

Any word on who's doing the effects for the film? It better be ILM, they nailed K:SI and G14!
Image Image