Marvel Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Which are your favorites (so far)?

Iron Man (2008)
9%
The Incredible Hulk (2008)
1%
Iron Man 2 (2010)
1%
Thor (2011)
1%
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
4%
The Avengers (2012)
8%
Iron Man 3 (2013)
2%
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
1%
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
9%
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
9%
The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
3%
Ant-Man (2015)
1%
Captain America: Civil War (2016)
6%
Doctor Strange (2016)
2%
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 (2017)
4%
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
4%
Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
7%
Black Panther (2018)
3%
Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
11%
Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
1%
Captain Marvel (2019)
1%
Avengers: Endgame (2019)
9%
Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
4%

Total votes: 398

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Just like that Spidey is back in again. At least to finish off the trilogy.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... ie-1243777
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Well, that's a relief.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Willing to bet money it was a publicity stunt.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

_JNavs_ wrote:Willing to bet money it was a publicity stunt.
Bingo. I fully admit, however, I really hoped we'd see Venom get folded into the mix as well...

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Foiled again

At least we're not going to have to deal with another cliffhanger like when TASM got shitcanned
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

I think it was more likely a pretty standard part of the negotiation gameplay process, which happened to receive more scrutiny from the media and the public than it would have in the past simply because of how hyper-informed we are about behind-the-scenes bargaining than we used to be.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Newer rumors are circulating that Venom might be part of the new deal too. Which I'd be okay with if they retconned the first movie to make it be part of the multiverse.

There's also heavy rumors that Apple is interested in buying Sony and if that's the case then Spidey along with all the other Marvel properties they own will head back into Disney's hands.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

eabaker wrote:
I think it was more likely a pretty standard part of the negotiation gameplay process, which happened to receive more scrutiny from the media and the public than it would have in the past simply because of how hyper-informed we are about behind-the-scenes bargaining than we used to be.
And now, companies use audiences as bargaining and negotiating chips to see how to do things.

While it’s a different scenario, I wonder if you remember when Twin Peaks Season 3 was being produced, Lynch left for a bit to force Showtime to let him do more.

At least this way, they can end Spiderman’s Role in the MCU on a finished note. 3 films focused on Spider-Man, and his appearances in other stuff is more than enough to be satisfying.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

There’s talk of the Sony Universe being a kind of “spin off” or “detail universe” of the MCU.

It would be very interesting if Venom is retroactively added to the Mcu.
GO GO GOJI KUN

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

If Apple buys Sony and all Marvel properties revert back to the MCU, prepare for run of the mill cheese flicks for the rest of our days.

Prepare for no future Marvel film to ever feel different from one another

Prepare for every non MCU film to copy the insert sudden random kids joke formula

Prepare for the X-Men to be watered down to a near soup-state

Prepare for the Fantastic Four to actually be useful for once in their careers
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

_JNavs_ wrote:
New Mutants has been edited by Feige to be compatible with the MCU. They're doing reshoots to make it closer to the director's vision. I hear it's getting very good reception from insiders.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
New Mutants has been edited by Feige to be compatible with the MCU. They're doing reshoots to make it closer to the director's vision. I hear it's getting very good reception from insiders.
I haven't heard about this. But if true that's pretty cool, a mutants horror film is a great idea.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

_JNavs_ wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
I haven't heard about this. But if true that's pretty cool, a mutants horror film is a great idea.
Yeah. It's definitely not a "watered down" version of the X-Men either. New Mutants is as brutal as you can get.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Destoroyah of Worlds wrote: New Mutants has been edited by Feige to be compatible with the MCU. They're doing reshoots to make it closer to the director's vision. I hear it's getting very good reception from insiders.
Yeah. It's definitely not a "watered down" version of the X-Men either. New Mutants is as brutal as you can get.
Yeah I mean I've heard of the film, but I thought it just died off when the transitions started happening. Where'd you hear Feige's workin on it?

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

_JNavs_ wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: I haven't heard about this. But if true that's pretty cool, a mutants horror film is a great idea.
Yeah I mean I've heard of the film, but I thought it just died off when the transitions started happening. Where'd you hear Feige's workin on it?
Oh my bad. It looks like Marvel Studios is working on it. Encouraging the director to get his true vision out with reshoots. Editing out references to the Fox universe so it's consistent with the MCU.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Wouldn't be too bad if it was Chunky soup, though. I mean, that shit eats like a meal.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

_JNavs_ wrote:If Apple buys Sony and all Marvel properties revert back to the MCU, prepare for run of the mill cheese flicks for the rest of our days.

Prepare for every non MCU film to copy the insert sudden random kids joke formula

Having some real trouble understanding your bitching and moaning here. Why shouldn't Marvel/Disney get ALL OF THEIR CHARACTERS back? You don't like the MCU? Fine. That's your own prerogative. There's other superheroes and franchises you can go hump, like the DCEU. You know, 'cause DC makes some really good and dark stories. And Hellboy, I guess?

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

MM Raids Again wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:If Apple buys Sony and all Marvel properties revert back to the MCU, prepare for run of the mill cheese flicks for the rest of our days.

Having some real trouble understanding your bitching and moaning here. Why shouldn't Marvel/Disney get ALL OF THEIR CHARACTERS back? You don't like the MCU? Fine. That's your own prerogative. There's other superheroes and franchises you can go hump, like the DCEU. You know, 'cause DC makes some really good and dark stories. And Hellboy, I guess?
Lmao maybe i touched a nerve?

I just like my movies to offer some genuine thought provoking questions that need proper resolve. Not typical-run-of-the-mill super-schlock, but to each his own, guy.

Oh, and i never said they were all bad :lol:, i said they mostly all felt exactly the same... which they do... because they are.

Except for what, Winter Soldier, Iron-Man, Avengers/IW and Endgame?
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:57 am, edited 4 times in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

MM Raids Again wrote:

Having some real trouble understanding your bitching and moaning here. Why shouldn't Marvel/Disney get ALL OF THEIR CHARACTERS back?

RIP Evan.