Marvel Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Which are your favorites (so far)?

Iron Man (2008)
9%
The Incredible Hulk (2008)
1%
Iron Man 2 (2010)
1%
Thor (2011)
1%
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
4%
The Avengers (2012)
8%
Iron Man 3 (2013)
2%
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
1%
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
9%
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
9%
The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
3%
Ant-Man (2015)
1%
Captain America: Civil War (2016)
6%
Doctor Strange (2016)
2%
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 (2017)
4%
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
4%
Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
7%
Black Panther (2018)
3%
Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
11%
Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
1%
Captain Marvel (2019)
1%
Avengers: Endgame (2019)
9%
Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
4%

Total votes: 398

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Adjusted for inflation the Raimi films would have done just as well.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:Adjusted for inflation the Raimi films would have done just as well.
True, but after part 2 they started getting sloppy with the IP. I'd be less hesitant to get on board if Sony suddenly started showing some competence

Regardless of how you feel about the studio, FFH needs a conclusion after it had the balls to set up what it did at the end.
Last edited by Orichalcum on Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Orichalcum wrote:Spider-Man was banking billions with Marvel, I highly doubt that

Not saying Sony couldn't be successful with the IP, but what he made with the MCU is nothing to scoff at.
Okay but what if the movies are better and more true to the character even if they don't make as much?
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Forcing him into the VenomVerse is not the right thing to do and yet that's exactly what they're going to do. You know they will.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:
KManX89 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sony is headed by Tom Rothman, who, as the head of Fox, droveout Byran Singer from X-Men 3, gave us Wolerine: Origins which, according to the rumors, he pestered the director to the point where he quit halfway and the movie was made without one from then one ordered Deapool's mouht to be stiched shut, greenlit the Tim Story F4 movies as well as Fant4stic. To be fair, that one turned out to be 'whole team effort' in how bad it was.

Not only that, but Avi Arad is a sterotypical old man who doesn't have his touch anymore.
Not to mention Spiderverse only turned out as great as it did because Sony handed it off to their smaller Animation studio and were too busy ruining the Emoji Movie to get actively involved. Tom Rothman and Avi Arad had nothing to do with it for that exact same reason. Any future live-action Spidey films won't be so lucky, they'll be on those like white on rice. Just like they were Spider-Man 3, TASM 1 and 2, Venom and both Ghost Rider movies and look how those turned out, lol.

Rothman also hired BRETT RATNER (!) of all people to direct The Last Stand, another one of his idiot moves at Fox.
Avi Arad was actually a huge part of Spider-Verse. His background before Sony was in Spider-Man cartoons, which he excels at. He's very passionate in Spider-Man despite his skreeonk ups with Spider-Man 3 and the Garfield movies.

I'm very excited for Morbius, Venom 2, and Spiderman Homecoming 3.

In the leaked Sony emails, they had planned Spiderman 2099, The Last Hunt, and the Clone saga, which could be awesome if done right. Spiderman is going to be just fine. Maybe even better than he was at Marvel.
No he wasn't, he was hands-off with Spiderverse, which, again, was only great because Sony were too busy ruining The Emoji Movie to get actively involved with it.
Fish Cakes wrote:
Orichalcum wrote:Spider-Man was banking billions with Marvel, I highly doubt that

Not saying Sony couldn't be successful with the IP, but what he made with the MCU is nothing to scoff at.
Okay but what if the movies are better and more true to the character even if they don't make as much?
They won't be, and don't say "but Spiderverse was great" because, again, Sony were hands off with that movie. It only turned out as good as it did because they handed it off to their smaller Animation studio because they were too busy destroying The Emoji Movie. Rothman and Arad had nothing to do with it, hence why it didn't get nearly as big of a marketing budget as their other films.
Last edited by KManX89 on Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

KManX89 wrote:
KManX89 wrote:
Not to mention Spiderverse only turned out as great as it did because Sony handed it off to their smaller Animation studio and were too busy ruining the Emoji Movie to get actively involved. Tom Rothman and Avi Arad had nothing to do with it for that exact same reason. Any future live-action Spidey films won't be so lucky, they'll be on those like white on rice. Just like they were Spider-Man 3, TASM 1 and 2, Venom and both Ghost Rider movies and look how those turned out, lol.

Rothman also hired BRETT RATNER (!) of all people to direct The Last Stand, another one of his idiot moves at Fox.
Avi Arad was actually a huge part of Spider-Verse. His background before Sony was in Spider-Man cartoons, which he excels at. He's very passionate in Spider-Man despite his skreeonk ups with Spider-Man 3 and the Garfield movies.

In the leaked Sony emails, they had planned Spiderman 2099, The Last Hunt, and the Clone saga, which could be awesome if done right. Spiderman is going to be just fine. Maybe even better than he was at Marvel.
No he wasn't, he was hands-off with Spiderverse, which, again, was only great because Sony were too busy ruining The Emoji Movie to get actively involved with it.

Arad had nothing to do with it
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Ma ... ider-Verse
Produced by
Avi Arad
:|

I think your greater point that Sony meddled less with Spider-Verse is true but to say Arad, Amy Pascal, this Rothman guy and the other "villans" at Sony people always complain about it had nothing to do with it is just plain wrong

RIP Evan.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

KManX89 wrote:
KManX89 wrote:

Fish Cakes wrote:

They won't be, and don't say "but Spiderverse was great" because, again, Sony were hands off with that movie. It only turned out as good as it did because they handed it off to their smaller Animation studio because they were too busy destroying The Emoji Movie. Rothman and Arad had nothing to do with it, hence why it didn't get nearly as big of a marketing budget as their other films.
he had a very active role in the film. he wasn't some nameless executive producer. he was one of the driving creative forces and producers. Like I said, Avi has a background in Spider-Man cartoons. Before he was helping out with movies, he was working on the 90's Spiderman cartoon. Spider-Verse happens to be a cartoon.

I just think the guy is a little TOO obsessed with Venom and feels pressured to insert a nemesis in live action films right away.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Post deleted.
Last edited by KManX89 on Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

The upcoming Hulu GHOST RIDER series featuring Gabriel Luna as the Robby Reyes incarnation as the Spirit od Vengeance has been shut quashed unfortunately.
https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/358583 ... -squashed/
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Negative Ghostrider
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Is now an okay time to discuss a hypothetical reboot of the MCU?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

LegendZilla wrote:Is now an okay time to discuss a hypothetical reboot of the MCU?
No.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

LegendZilla wrote:Is now an okay time to discuss a hypothetical reboot of the MCU?
I could see one in 30 years. When they've exhausted not only their current characters, but the Fantastic Four and X-Men. And can't get the contracts back.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I could see one in 30 years. When they've exhausted not only their current characters, but the Fantastic Four and X-Men. And can't get the contracts back.
Why not 10 years? by then, it would've been plenty of time since the fist Iron man.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

LegendZilla wrote:
Why not 10 years? by then, it would've been plenty of time since the fist Iron man.
…….because it's still going on right now?

RIP Evan.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
Destoroyah of Worlds wrote: I could see one in 30 years. When they've exhausted not only their current characters, but the Fantastic Four and X-Men. And can't get the contracts back.
…….because it's still going on right now?
Uh, dude, there were three versions of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde made in 1920 alone, so...
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Instead of rebooting it hard, they can just have a soft reboot with other universes, and other actors playing new incarnations of characters, just like in comics.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Instead of rebooting it hard, they can just have a soft reboot with other universes, and other actors playing new incarnations of characters, just like in comics.
Pretty much this. Alternate universes give them all the ammo they need to keep the MCU going for another decade or more if they play their cards right. It's way too early to be talking about hard reboots.
Last edited by JAGzilla on Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Instead of rebooting it hard, they can just have a soft reboot with other universes, and other actors playing new incarnations of characters, just like in comics.
Too many people have become to accustomed to the actors/actresses portraying the classic MCU characters for that to work.

Personally, I say that it should go into hibernation for 3-5 years and get semi-rebooted with the X-Men, Fantastic 4, and some of the other MCU characters like Black Panther, the GOTG, etc.