Marvel Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Which are your favorites (so far)?

Iron Man (2008)
19
10%
The Incredible Hulk (2008)
2
1%
Iron Man 2 (2010)
1
1%
Thor (2011)
3
2%
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
8
4%
The Avengers (2012)
16
8%
Iron Man 3 (2013)
0
No votes
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
1
1%
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
18
9%
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
20
10%
The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
5
3%
Ant-Man (2015)
1
1%
Captain America: Civil War (2016)
9
5%
Doctor Strange (2016)
6
3%
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 (2017)
10
5%
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
6
3%
Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
11
6%
Black Panther (2018)
4
2%
Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
22
11%
Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
2
1%
Captain Marvel (2019)
3
2%
Avengers: Endgame (2019)
18
9%
Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
7
4%
 
Total votes: 192

User avatar
Mr_Goji_and_Watch
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2711
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:34 pm
Location: キノプレックス
Contact:

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Postby Mr_Goji_and_Watch » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:12 am

Adjusted for inflation the Raimi films would have done just as well.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

User avatar
Orichalcum
Interpol Agent
Posts: 590
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:52 pm

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Postby Orichalcum » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:19 am

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:Adjusted for inflation the Raimi films would have done just as well.

True, but after part 2 they started getting sloppy with the IP. I'd be less hesitant to get on board if Sony suddenly started showing some competence

Regardless of how you feel about the studio, FFH needs a conclusion after it had the balls to set up what it did at the end.
Last edited by Orichalcum on Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

User avatar
Fish Cakes
Interpol Agent
Posts: 617
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:28 am
Location: Vague SF Bay Area

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Postby Fish Cakes » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:31 pm

Orichalcum wrote:Spider-Man was banking billions with Marvel, I highly doubt that

Not saying Sony couldn't be successful with the IP, but what he made with the MCU is nothing to scoff at.

Okay but what if the movies are better and more true to the character even if they don't make as much?
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Keizer
Posts: 9475
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:57 am
Location: The Planet Trade HQ
Contact:

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:17 pm

Forcing him into the VenomVerse is not the right thing to do and yet that's exactly what they're going to do. You know they will.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983
Image
Image

User avatar
KManX89
G-Grasper
Posts: 1240
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:35 pm

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Postby KManX89 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:02 pm

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:
KManX89 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sony is headed by Tom Rothman, who, as the head of Fox, droveout Byran Singer from X-Men 3, gave us Wolerine: Origins which, according to the rumors, he pestered the director to the point where he quit halfway and the movie was made without one from then one ordered Deapool's mouht to be stiched shut, greenlit the Tim Story F4 movies as well as Fant4stic. To be fair, that one turned out to be 'whole team effort' in how bad it was.

Not only that, but Avi Arad is a sterotypical old man who doesn't have his touch anymore.


Not to mention Spiderverse only turned out as great as it did because Sony handed it off to their smaller Animation studio and were too busy ruining the Emoji Movie to get actively involved. Tom Rothman and Avi Arad had nothing to do with it for that exact same reason. Any future live-action Spidey films won't be so lucky, they'll be on those like white on rice. Just like they were Spider-Man 3, TASM 1 and 2, Venom and both Ghost Rider movies and look how those turned out, lol.

Rothman also hired BRETT RATNER (!) of all people to direct The Last Stand, another one of his idiot moves at Fox.

Avi Arad was actually a huge part of Spider-Verse. His background before Sony was in Spider-Man cartoons, which he excels at. He's very passionate in Spider-Man despite his skreeonk ups with Spider-Man 3 and the Garfield movies.

I'm very excited for Morbius, Venom 2, and Spiderman Homecoming 3.

In the leaked Sony emails, they had planned Spiderman 2099, The Last Hunt, and the Clone saga, which could be awesome if done right. Spiderman is going to be just fine. Maybe even better than he was at Marvel.


No he wasn't, he was hands-off with Spiderverse, which, again, was only great because Sony were too busy ruining The Emoji Movie to get actively involved with it.

Fish Cakes wrote:
Orichalcum wrote:Spider-Man was banking billions with Marvel, I highly doubt that

Not saying Sony couldn't be successful with the IP, but what he made with the MCU is nothing to scoff at.

Okay but what if the movies are better and more true to the character even if they don't make as much?


They won't be, and don't say "but Spiderverse was great" because, again, Sony were hands off with that movie. It only turned out as good as it did because they handed it off to their smaller Animation studio because they were too busy destroying The Emoji Movie. Rothman and Arad had nothing to do with it, hence why it didn't get nearly as big of a marketing budget as their other films.
Last edited by KManX89 on Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

User avatar
SoggyNoodles2016
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2383
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Location: My parents' basement

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:10 pm

KManX89 wrote:
Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:
KManX89 wrote:
Not to mention Spiderverse only turned out as great as it did because Sony handed it off to their smaller Animation studio and were too busy ruining the Emoji Movie to get actively involved. Tom Rothman and Avi Arad had nothing to do with it for that exact same reason. Any future live-action Spidey films won't be so lucky, they'll be on those like white on rice. Just like they were Spider-Man 3, TASM 1 and 2, Venom and both Ghost Rider movies and look how those turned out, lol.

Rothman also hired BRETT RATNER (!) of all people to direct The Last Stand, another one of his idiot moves at Fox.

Avi Arad was actually a huge part of Spider-Verse. His background before Sony was in Spider-Man cartoons, which he excels at. He's very passionate in Spider-Man despite his skreeonk ups with Spider-Man 3 and the Garfield movies.

I'm very excited for Morbius, Venom 2, and Spiderman Homecoming 3.

In the leaked Sony emails, they had planned Spiderman 2099, The Last Hunt, and the Clone saga, which could be awesome if done right. Spiderman is going to be just fine. Maybe even better than he was at Marvel.


No he wasn't, he was hands-off with Spiderverse, which, again, was only great because Sony were too busy ruining The Emoji Movie to get actively involved with it.



Arad had nothing to do with it


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Ma ... ider-Verse

Produced by
Avi Arad


:|

I think your greater point that Sony meddled less with Spider-Verse is true but to say Arad, Amy Pascal, this Rothman guy and the other "villans" at Sony people always complain about it had nothing to do with it is just plain wrong
Image

#MinillaForSmash2019

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

User avatar
Destoroyah of Worlds
G-Grasper
Posts: 1038
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:11 pm

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Postby Destoroyah of Worlds » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:33 pm

KManX89 wrote:
Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:
KManX89 wrote:
Not to mention Spiderverse only turned out as great as it did because Sony handed it off to their smaller Animation studio and were too busy ruining the Emoji Movie to get actively involved. Tom Rothman and Avi Arad had nothing to do with it for that exact same reason. Any future live-action Spidey films won't be so lucky, they'll be on those like white on rice. Just like they were Spider-Man 3, TASM 1 and 2, Venom and both Ghost Rider movies and look how those turned out, lol.

Rothman also hired BRETT RATNER (!) of all people to direct The Last Stand, another one of his idiot moves at Fox.

Avi Arad was actually a huge part of Spider-Verse. His background before Sony was in Spider-Man cartoons, which he excels at. He's very passionate in Spider-Man despite his skreeonk ups with Spider-Man 3 and the Garfield movies.

I'm very excited for Morbius, Venom 2, and Spiderman Homecoming 3.

In the leaked Sony emails, they had planned Spiderman 2099, The Last Hunt, and the Clone saga, which could be awesome if done right. Spiderman is going to be just fine. Maybe even better than he was at Marvel.


No he wasn't, he was hands-off with Spiderverse, which, again, was only great because Sony were too busy ruining The Emoji Movie to get actively involved with it.

Fish Cakes wrote:
Orichalcum wrote:Spider-Man was banking billions with Marvel, I highly doubt that

Not saying Sony couldn't be successful with the IP, but what he made with the MCU is nothing to scoff at.

Okay but what if the movies are better and more true to the character even if they don't make as much?


They won't be, and don't say "but Spiderverse was great" because, again, Sony were hands off with that movie. It only turned out as good as it did because they handed it off to their smaller Animation studio because they were too busy destroying The Emoji Movie. Rothman and Arad had nothing to do with it, hence why it didn't get nearly as big of a marketing budget as their other films.

he had a very active role in the film. he wasn't some nameless executive producer. he was one of the driving creative forces and producers. Like I said, Avi has a background in Spider-Man cartoons. Before he was helping out with movies, he was working on the 90's Spiderman cartoon. Spider-Verse happens to be a cartoon.

I just think the guy is a little TOO obsessed with Venom and feels pressured to insert a nemesis in live action films right away.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

User avatar
KManX89
G-Grasper
Posts: 1240
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:35 pm

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Postby KManX89 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:59 am

Post deleted.
Last edited by KManX89 on Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

User avatar
Orichalcum
Interpol Agent
Posts: 590
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:52 pm

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Postby Orichalcum » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:02 am

*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

User avatar
The One and Only
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3078
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:58 pm
Location: Jamestown, PA

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Postby The One and Only » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:37 pm

The upcoming Hulu GHOST RIDER series featuring Gabriel Luna as the Robby Reyes incarnation as the Spirit od Vengeance has been shut quashed unfortunately.
https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3585833/hulu-plans-ghost-rider-solo-series-starring-gabriel-luna-squashed/
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

User avatar
G2000
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4798
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Postby G2000 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:59 pm

Negative Ghostrider
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

User avatar
LegendZilla
Kwaidan
Posts: 5568
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:57 am
Location: Slocan Park, British Colombia, Canada

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Postby LegendZilla » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:52 pm

Is now an okay time to discuss a hypothetical reboot of the MCU?
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 14191
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Postby UltramanGoji » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:48 am

LegendZilla wrote:Is now an okay time to discuss a hypothetical reboot of the MCU?


No.
Image

User avatar
Destoroyah of Worlds
G-Grasper
Posts: 1038
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:11 pm

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Postby Destoroyah of Worlds » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:03 pm

LegendZilla wrote:Is now an okay time to discuss a hypothetical reboot of the MCU?

I could see one in 30 years. When they've exhausted not only their current characters, but the Fantastic Four and X-Men. And can't get the contracts back.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

User avatar
LegendZilla
Kwaidan
Posts: 5568
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:57 am
Location: Slocan Park, British Colombia, Canada

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Postby LegendZilla » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:29 pm

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:Is now an okay time to discuss a hypothetical reboot of the MCU?

I could see one in 30 years. When they've exhausted not only their current characters, but the Fantastic Four and X-Men. And can't get the contracts back.


Why not 10 years? by then, it would've been plenty of time since the fist Iron man.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

User avatar
SoggyNoodles2016
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2383
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Location: My parents' basement

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:39 pm

LegendZilla wrote:
Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:Is now an okay time to discuss a hypothetical reboot of the MCU?

I could see one in 30 years. When they've exhausted not only their current characters, but the Fantastic Four and X-Men. And can't get the contracts back.


Why not 10 years? by then, it would've been plenty of time since the fist Iron man.


…….because it's still going on right now?
Image

#MinillaForSmash2019

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

User avatar
eabaker
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 11260
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:16 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Postby eabaker » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:55 pm

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:I could see one in 30 years. When they've exhausted not only their current characters, but the Fantastic Four and X-Men. And can't get the contracts back.


Why not 10 years? by then, it would've been plenty of time since the fist Iron man.


…….because it's still going on right now?


Uh, dude, there were three versions of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde made in 1920 alone, so...
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

User avatar
LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan
Posts: 6562
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:57 pm
Location: 富士山

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:21 pm

Instead of rebooting it hard, they can just have a soft reboot with other universes, and other actors playing new incarnations of characters, just like in comics.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

User avatar
JAGzilla
Kwaidan
Posts: 6917
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:45 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Postby JAGzilla » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:11 am

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Instead of rebooting it hard, they can just have a soft reboot with other universes, and other actors playing new incarnations of characters, just like in comics.


Pretty much this. Alternate universes give them all the ammo they need to keep the MCU going for another decade or more if they play their cards right. It's way too early to be talking about hard reboots.
Last edited by JAGzilla on Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 868
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:55 am

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Postby Rhedosaurus » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:07 am

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Instead of rebooting it hard, they can just have a soft reboot with other universes, and other actors playing new incarnations of characters, just like in comics.


Too many people have become to accustomed to the actors/actresses portraying the classic MCU characters for that to work.

Personally, I say that it should go into hibernation for 3-5 years and get semi-rebooted with the X-Men, Fantastic 4, and some of the other MCU characters like Black Panther, the GOTG, etc.


Return to “Media Center”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests