Your Hopes for World of Godzilla

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Re: Your Hopes for World of Godzilla

Post by Vakanai »

LegendZilla wrote:
Rodan95 wrote:I honestly think Shin Godzilla is going to see a start a series of "Shin" movies. I could see there being a "Shin Rodan", "Shin Mothra", and a "Shin Ghidorah" series. If they all work, maybe a "Shin Gigan", "Shin Anguirus", and others? Then it ends a "Destroy all monsters" style film?

Either way, "World of Godzilla" sounds like we ARE getting spinoff movies of monsters from the series' past.

I would LOVE for a cheesy comedy-styled Jet Jaguar movie.
Hasn't it been confirmed that there will be no Shin sequel?
I can't say if it has been "officially" confirmed yet or not, but yeah it at the very least has all but been if not straight up confirmed. But fans aren't going to let facts get in the way of what they -want- to see. And to be fair on their behalf Toho does keep doing things to give them hope, like introducing Shin Ghidorah in that Shin Godzilla vs Evangelion ride (or hell, the fact that there even is a Shin vs Evangelion ride with new footage of Shin). Which honestly brings me to this...

Shin Ghidorah! If they do make another Shin Godzilla movie (they probably won't, but still) imagine what Anno could do plot-wise and everything when introducing the concept of proof of alien life in the sequel with Ghidorah! That would be pretty cool, and about the only thing that could make me consider going back to Shin a good idea of artistic merit. But again, only if Anno returns and they use the Ghidorah from the new ride, albeit maybe make him bigger (he was kind of small, and Ghiddy should always kind of dwarf Godzilla just a bit).

At the very least any future Ghidorah should copy the Shin Ghidorah's gravity beams that actually have gravity effects!
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Vakanai wrote: At the very least any future Ghidorah should copy the Shin Ghidorah's gravity beams that actually have gravity effects!
+1 for Ghidorah with Gravity powers! Have him levitate without flapping, warp the gravity of his opponents to toss em around and actually use gravity in his Gravity Beams! It really cements his completely alien nature and could make him a real force to be reckoned with if he uses them well.
Also make him a little more durable. Animeghido, Shinghido and Keizer all got curbstomped after Godzilla got a teeny powerup or he got a teeny powerdown. Make him last longer and fight harder and when he does go down, make it a satisfying, intense way to defeat him like Burning Godzilla or something instead of being smacked like a fly.
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

I want to see Rodan be Godzilla's equal again, like in Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster. Hell, maybe have Rodan actually kick Godzilla's ass for the first half of their fight or something, I dunno. I'm just tired of Rodan getting sidelined and turned into fodder. He's one of the Big Five, he deserves more respect than that.

Make him the same height as Godzilla too, I dunno why they keep making Rodan so much shorter.
Last edited by Gerdzerl on Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Toho1993
Ronin

Post by Toho1993 »

Not necessarily new monsters if they have to cool. But monsters with lesser roles getting bigger ones and just a well though out story; not necessarily saying the human storyline has to be. I don’t really go to G films to learn new things about the psychology of humans but if it’s in there then great.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Y'know, it might be the World of Godzilla and all, but I for one would really like to see some love given to the other monsters. Showa had some neat solo outings from Rodan and Mothra along with a few other non-Godzilla monster movies like War of the Gargantuas and Heisei had a good Mothra trilogy as well, but it feels like it's been a long time since anyone else was given any major focus unless it was just opposing Godzilla or something. I want some other monsters in the spotlight too.
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

GuardianGhido wrote:Y'know, it might be the World of Godzilla and all, but I for one would really like to see some love given to the other monsters. Showa had some neat solo outings from Rodan and Mothra along with a few other non-Godzilla monster movies like War of the Gargantuas and Heisei had a good Mothra trilogy as well, but it feels like it's been a long time since anyone else was given any major focus unless it was just opposing Godzilla or something. I want some other monsters in the spotlight too.
Personally I would love an Anguirus solo movie. A modern Mothra solo could also be pretty neat, especially given the same sort of budget and effort Shin Godzilla had.

Ultraman02
GPN Volunteer

Post by Ultraman02 »

For me: Ghidorah Origin SOLO MOVIE > Everything else in the thread.
In a super jet he comes
From a billion miles AWAY!
From a DISTANT PLANET LAND!
COMES OUR HERO,
U L T R A M A N !

" シュワッチ!"

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Another Rodan solo movie, and a Mothra solo would be ace. And, at least for me, I would pay big money to see a Godzilla film set in almost a fantastical Imperial Japan period. Godzilla could represent a lot of the mythological creatures whom were spoken about through stories, and would be seen as a bad omen on the land. Hell, they could even include Mothra as a good omen and gentle spiritual type of being.

I dunno, I know I’ve said this a lot before, but something like that would be so interesting and different to see, in my opinion.

And, just small things like I hope that instead of continually increasing Godzilla’s size, they bring it back down a good bit. Enormous Godzilla is great, but having an 80 meter version again would be cool. I’d even go as far as hoping to see a 50-60 meter tall version again.

#BotM

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

A Mothra movie set in the same universe as Shin would be really cool if papa Anno was involved
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

A new movie being announced. :D
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Cookson wrote:A new movie being announced. :D
I think that one's kind of obvious. Question is, how long after GvK will they wait before they (Toho) can make an announcement? Because they'll definitely wait until after the Legendary film is done.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

I'd love to see more melee fighting from all the monsters. One of the reasons the Monsterverse is one of my favorite continuities is because all the Kaijus get down and dirty with brawling like they used to back in Showa instead of mostly relying on beams.
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

GuardianGhido wrote:I'd love to see more melee fighting from all the monsters. One of the reasons the Monsterverse is one of my favorite continuities is because all the Kaijus get down and dirty with brawling like they used to back in Showa instead of mostly relying on beams.
True, only three kaiju have ranged attacks in the MV - Godzilla, Ghidorah, and Mothra, and Mothra's isn't even a beam but webbing; and even those three still do a lot of melee attacks, even Mothra who usually lacks a lot of melee options in her adult form in most continuities (it's usually just kind of flying/tackling into monsters and trying to pick them up and drop them, but in MV she's got better limbs for brawling and a stinger).

realinvaderdesign
GPN Volunteer

Post by realinvaderdesign »

Id love it if they either rebooted the mysterians or atragon, mainly cause they're my favourite non godzilla toho movies and it woul dbe cool to see how they could retell these movies in a modern setting and with the advancement in special effects.

In the case of the mysterians, perhaps domes start appearing world wide and that there are multiple moguera units at once that arent so easily defeated.

Atragon on the other hand could be a continuation of the story
Last edited by realinvaderdesign on Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

If they make another anime film....I would love for it to be a traditional 2D animated film....and for it to be some kind of epic crossover.

Use inter-dimensional portals or tunnels or reality bridges or whatever to bring multiple versions of Godzilla into one realm. I want to see Showa Era Godzilla circa Terror of MechaGodzilla. Junior and Miki Segusa coming in from the Heisei realm. Millennium, GMK, and Kiryu versions of Godzilla should all join in as well as the Final Wars version.

MAYBE even Godzilla Earth and Shin Godzilla....all Toho incarnations of Godzilla from the films would be a very awesome treat to see....even if it is just for one epic final battle in the 3rd act of the film.

I mean....imagine if all of those popular "Godzilla size chart" images were actually turned into a visual in a film? It would be quite stunning.

Plus, this animated blowout would be a nice way to sort of create and epilogue and wrap up most/all of the previous Godzilla incarnations before Toho moves on with something completely fresh and new. One last send off for the legacy.

And of course....an army of all super-tech and Godzilla allies from the various series joining in the final battle of Ghidorah leading an army of the villains.

Just go Endgame with the whole thing. Pure Fan Service.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

I take your above idea and make it better with the two American godzillas.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Once a new film happens , and its release date in Japan is announced, I’ll be planning my first trip to Japan around that. I was supposed to go to Japan early September, but had to pull the plug on it.

A new film is coming.. like 2021 or 2022, so plenty of time to save and get excited.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Lecontinentperdu
Monsterland Worker

Post by Lecontinentperdu »

I feel ill be alone on this, but id like something that EARNS the name "world of godzilla". IE, movies were Godzilla has a real weight on the world, kind of what Shin hinted at in a "im on coke" way. In short: not that much of monsters, but real stakes and real consequences instead: living with a threat, worldwide cooperation, spies, survivalists fanatics, environmental issues.... Wrestling days are over, I hope.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Just speculation, but there’s a good chance we will know about the next Toho Godzilla film by this time next year. They hinted at the end of next year, there will be another Godzilla night, and at that time there will be something special. Of course, Godzilla films, up until shin, are typically released in November or December. There’s a possibility that next year they may either air a trailer, or even by that time the next Toho Godzilla film will be in theaters.

Again, this might just be speculation, but I have a feeling. Yet again, for all I know they’ll announce something today/tomorrow at GFes(it’s gonna be a long day boys). I hope this isn’t considered clickbait, I have a lot of legitimately cool stuff to share with everyone tomorrow.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

I would love to see a focus on the more mythological kaiju. Mothra is always a favorite, but unless she gets a solo movie, I don't really want to see her so much as she is way over done (but perhaps a shin mothra added to what looks like a shin anthology series would be amazing). But, the other kaiju I would really like to see have their own films or focus would be King Caesar, Varan, or Manda.
He Jock it Made of Steel