What's going to happen to TK toon after 2020?

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Re: What's going to happen to TK toon after 2020?

Post by Chris55 »

mikelcho wrote:
Chris55 wrote:
Ultimategodzilla2054 wrote: Well, The whole reason I made this thread is because of the push I've been seeing across the entire internet on sites like newgrounds to save and preserve flash content, so I felt inspired to get the ball rolling around here.
also, just to be clear, my aim with this thread is not to force or demand the TK staff to do anything, but rather just suggest it as something they should be seriously considering.
Miles backed them up here on his YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... XkZzV3CMJx

As far as Arbok's plan for the site and preserving them, no idea.
Thanks, I'm so glad that happened!

And I assure you, I was not even trying to force anyone to do anything; I was merely trying to emphasize the seriousness of the situation here. However, if I sounded like I was coming on too strong, I'm sorry.
Oh no worries. When Miles was around and doing them for the site, they were REALLY popular. Now that he's off doing his own thing, it's nice to see he's kept himself being creative.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Ultimategodzilla2054 wrote:After 2020, Flash will no longer be unusable, period. that means that browsers will completely remove it entirely, and basically all flash content will die.
...Wait, what? How the hell does that even work? Isn't Flash like... half of the Internet?
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

TitanoGoji16 wrote:
Ultimategodzilla2054 wrote:After 2020, Flash will no longer be unusable, period. that means that browsers will completely remove it entirely, and basically all flash content will die.
...Wait, what? How the hell does that even work? Isn't Flash like... half of the Internet?
Well yeah but everyone's moved on to other,more modern software's like ToonBoom Harmony. Flash is pretty much outdated as skreoonk now.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

TitanoGoji16 wrote:
Remember when GeoCities was half the internet? Works like that
Last edited by G2000 on Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Ultimategodzilla2054
Yojimbo

Post by Ultimategodzilla2054 »

TitanoGoji16 wrote:
yeah, it's pretty fucked, but hey, that's the world we live in. nothing lasts forever. on the bright side, at least they gave us this warning in advance so people can start archiving and preserving what's already out there. this announcement was made in like 2017 or something. and as I said, someone's working on a free flash emulator, so hopefully this becomes a non-issue.
Last edited by Ultimategodzilla2054 on Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
You fool, I'm no mere super godzilla. I'm a godzilla that has ascended past that form
I AM...
ULTIMATE GODZILLA

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

G2000 wrote:
TitanoGoji16 wrote:
RIP Godzilla Tower - still think it's around maybe. Geo Cities was an absolute trip - especially the one's that had looping background music you couldn't turn off. Good times -

Since Miles/Vega has them backed up to YT, I can safely say they are at least preserved for now. I'll probably ask Arbok if I can DL the source files and see if I can convert them to Q-U-I-C-K T-I-M-E.

Anyone else remember Quick Time? How about SHOCKWAVE? Jokes aside, shouldn't be to hard to convert them into a format that won't die next year and re-upload them as such - or even embed the YT link into the main site if worst comes to worst.

On the same topic - aren't the TK games also made in Flash?

Ultimategodzilla2054
Yojimbo

SpaceG92 wrote:
G2000 wrote:
TitanoGoji16 wrote:
RIP Godzilla Tower - still think it's around maybe. Geo Cities was an absolute trip - especially the one's that had looping background music you couldn't turn off. Good times -

Since Miles/Vega has them backed up to YT, I can safely say they are at least preserved for now. I'll probably ask Arbok if I can DL the source files and see if I can convert them to Q-U-I-C-K T-I-M-E.

Anyone else remember Quick Time? How about SHOCKWAVE? Jokes aside, shouldn't be to hard to convert them into a format that won't die next year and re-upload them as such - or even embed the YT link into the main site if worst comes to worst.

On the same topic - aren't the TK games also made in Flash?
yeah, I believe they are. never really looked at those much, but might as well preserve those as well.
You fool, I'm no mere super godzilla. I'm a godzilla that has ascended past that form
I AM...
ULTIMATE GODZILLA

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

The Toons will live on. Miles has a solution which will debut on Monday.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Ultimategodzilla2054
Yojimbo

Arbok wrote:The Toons will live on. Miles has a solution which will debut on Monday.
Yeah, just saw the announcement on the main site. Good to hear!
I AM...
ULTIMATE GODZILLA