Pokemon Game Discussion 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Re: Pokemon Game Discussion 2.0

Post by Fish Cakes »

Politoed is my favorite Pokemon.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Smuggers wrote:But there's nothing really stopping them from doing that with Megas still in the game, is there? The majority of "busted" Megas were a result of giving power boosts to already strong Pokemon or giving them poorly balanced abilities on GF's part. If Farfetch'd did get a mega as opposed to an actual evolution it would've been one like Beedrill's. What turns me off about these new cross-gen evos is that they're regional, so it's easy to flick that "doesn't matter" switch again and just make it irrelvant again because the next region won't be cold enough for Farfetch'd to evolve or something.
At first, I was upset by the idea of “oh these are temporary, so why does it matter?” But I realized that’s just how things are in any other game, so might as well just enjoy them. I think that dynamaxing is still a complete gimmick, and I’m very skeptical of the gigantimax forms. I’ll enjoy stuff I genuinely like, like Sirfetch’d, with the expectation he won’t exist in the future.
As for Sirfetch'd himself, I like how he looks. I used a Farfetch'd in FRLG and it wasn't too bad as long as it was holding a stick. Mono Fighting (though this isn't really too bad) with Steadfast is a bit dull though, and the description of his new signature move makes it sound like a reskinned Giga Impact unless they're explaining it badly. Maybe he gets a unique hidden ability?
Steadfast, and the signature move both suck. I just want him to be usable.
Oh, and about the Ditto evo: I feel like they scrapped that after realizing how redundant it would be. Ditto's whole schtick is that he copies the stats and moves of the opposing Pokemon, so giving him an evolution wouldn't really change anything unless they take away what makes Ditto... Ditto? Maybe the Shield counterpart won't even be a Generation 1 Pokemon, or it could just be a furball Meowth or something.
You’re right about ditto. I just sort of like the weird design, and I wish Ditto could have more of an identity, although for reasons stated that’s obviously counterintuitive. :mrgreen:
Fish Cakes wrote:Politoed is my favorite Pokemon.
You have fantastic tastes. I don’t know why, but I love Politoed and Slowking, for how kind of...random they are? I don’t mean that in a “RAWR LOL XD” kinda way. They’re just Pokémon that most people forget/ignore, but they’re still old enough to have intense nostalgia over.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:You have fantastic tastes. I don’t know why, but I love Politoed and Slowking, for how kind of...random they are? I don’t mean that in a “RAWR LOL XD” kinda way. They’re just Pokémon that most people forget/ignore, but they’re still old enough to have intense nostalgia over.
10/10 with Slowking too btw, always gave me a more kaiju vibe than Slowbro for some reason?

The odd thing is Poliwrath is so horribly boring to me, I love Poliwag and Poliwhirl, then the third stage is just like a bulkier Poliwhirl? Meh. Politoed has this simple, cute design that I just gush over while looking like a proper third stage for the line.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

Yeah, Politoed was always [the] Poliwhirl evolution for me, really wish you didn't have to trade it.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

2/3 of the starter evolutions got leaked and HOLY FUCK they are disgusting
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

The Grookey final evo is pretty good. Unique concept, good design (can't go wrong with gorillas). Sobble's middle evo is trash, though. As is every other mon revealed today. Think I'm finally growing out of the franchise as most of the new designs are not appealing at all.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

I’m glad I decided not to get them after Gamefreak cut the nat dex and gave shitty non reasons for doing so

God everything is so disgusting
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

Can someone PM the supposed leaks?

There are a lot of supposed leaked designs and I dunno which are the supposed legit ones
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

ManuJM1997 wrote:Can someone PM the supposed leaks?

There are a lot of supposed leaked designs and I dunno which are the supposed legit ones
Just go on /vp/

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

ManuJM1997 wrote:Can someone PM the supposed leaks?

All of them, and yet simultaneously, none of them are. Best to wait another week.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

I like Intelleon. Then again I'm also a degenerate and probably a furry, so I'm not the best judge here.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

I want rule 34 of that fire starter
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:I want rule 34 of that fire starter
I was being ironic about the furry and degenerate thing to be clear, but whatever floats your boat, man.

Also, you guys keeping up with all the leaks? Right now my team is looking like the apple wyrm, Grimmsnarl, Intelleon, Coalossal, Mr. Rime, and Corviknight.

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

Looking at the leaks that are out and about, I'm pretty much unimpressed with these new Pokemon designs.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Corviknight is the only passible one IMO

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

They threw any sort of sense out the window. Galarian Mr. Mime evolves into Chaplin, there's a pie dragon, KISS, and Meowth can become longcat. Face it, we Yokai Watch 3 now.

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

If the leaks are what we will be truly getting from these games, I'm not impressed. I've played every handheld game up to this point and opted to skip out on Let's Go when I learned how the mechanics were going to work, but everything since the move to 3DS has just been underwhelming. The last games I truly enjoyed were B2/W2, and I think that's where my cutoff is going to be in terms of collecting/replaying the games.
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

The only Pokemon that looks legible is the Centipede one.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

_JNavs_ wrote:The only Pokemon that looks legible is the Centipede one.
Do you know what the word "legible" means?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Fish Cakes wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:The only Pokemon that looks legible is the Centipede one.
Do you know what the word "legible" means?
Eli*gible, whoops.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira