Kaiju Fan Confessions

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
User avatar
Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10286
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Postby Living Corpse » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:56 pm

I like GFW Godzilla's biceps. Closest to a jacked Godzilla we've gotten.


ManuJM1997 wrote:Honestly, instead of a totally plant Godzilla for AniGoji, I would have made something some concept arts of Behemoth or Hathi from the 2018 Mowgli movie, with plants and all that growing in him

Hell, maybe go all the crazy and make it so Godzilla carried an entire ecosystem on him, the entirety of the first movie happening, without the characters knowing, happening directly on Godzilla.

Now, that would have needed for Godzilla to be monstruously big, breaking into kilometers tall, so maybe It would have been excessive


They could have just been walking on him at times cause he was partly underground sleeping. I mean that's sort of what happened with the 300 meter one.
Image

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Keizer
Posts: 9473
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:57 am
Location: The Planet Trade HQ
Contact:

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:55 pm

I actually like the idea of Godzilla actually having coral and barnacles and stuff growing on him. Would make sense for something like MonsterVerse Godzilla where he's an ancient lifeform that hibernates on the ocean floor.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983
Image
Image

User avatar
_JNavs_
Kwaidan
Posts: 5672
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Postby _JNavs_ » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:07 pm

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:I actually like the idea of Godzilla actually having coral and barnacles and stuff growing on him. Would make sense for something like MonsterVerse Godzilla where he's an ancient lifeform that hibernates on the ocean floor.

Agree, similar to the OG Gojira, where they found an ancient mollusk that lived in Godzilla's foot.
Image
Sith Apprentice.

User avatar
LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan
Posts: 6561
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:57 pm
Location: 富士山

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:14 pm

Many organisms have lived on Godzilla, but it's clear they suffer horrible side effects.

The Trilobite in 1954 was incredibly irradiated.

The Shockirus in 1984 were sea louses that fed off Godzilla's energy and DNA and mutated.

One of my favorite minor things in the IDW comics was the Strange Bird from Godzilla Legends 5.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

User avatar
MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5433
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:02 pm
Location: Black Hole Planet 3
Contact:

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:56 pm

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
The Shockirus in 1984 were sea louses that fed off Godzilla's energy and DNA and mutated.

One of my favorite minor things in the IDW comics was the Strange Bird from Godzilla Legends 5.

The Dark Horse comics had a reference to the Shockirus, in "To Climb the Tallest Monster". Like, the creature on Godzilla definitely looked like it.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

User avatar
LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan
Posts: 6561
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:57 pm
Location: 富士山

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:21 am

Heisei Gyaos, not including pretty much all the showa monsters, has the best monster roar. I sorta think post Heisei, maybe right after Biollante, everyone gave up on making unique monster roars.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

User avatar
Terasawa
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2115
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:06 am

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Postby Terasawa » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:26 am

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Heisei Gyaos, not including pretty much all the showa monsters, has the best monster roar. I sorta think post Heisei, maybe right after Biollante, everyone gave up on making unique monster roars.


Gyaos growing to its final size and letting loose the classic Showa roar is one of the best scenes in the trilogy.
YouTube
変の声謎だよ。
Save All Dubs

Image

User avatar
LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan
Posts: 6561
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:57 pm
Location: 富士山

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:11 am

Terasawa wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:Heisei Gyaos, not including pretty much all the showa monsters, has the best monster roar. I sorta think post Heisei, maybe right after Biollante, everyone gave up on making unique monster roars.


Gyaos growing to its final size and letting loose the classic Showa roar is one of the best scenes in the trilogy.

And the scene with him eating the people just a moment before is one of the scariest :)
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

User avatar
HedorahIsBestGirl
Samurai
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:17 am

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Postby HedorahIsBestGirl » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:42 am

The reason I've never liked King Kong vs. Godzilla is because the Kong suit looks so atrocious, I cringe every time he's onscreen, and therefore I can't see the movie as anything other than parody. I know most people don't like the Kong suit, but it really bothers me to the point where I don't like watching the film.

I like that Mothra got more powerful in the Heisei series. I like that she went from a sacrificial underdog to a goddess with antenna lasers and wing lightning. We already have Anguirus and Baragon as good underdogs. I like that Mothra became someone who looks beautiful and fragile but is deceptively dangerous.

I think the space apes in Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla are lamer than the cockroaches in Godzilla vs. Gigan.

User avatar
eabaker
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 11255
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:16 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Postby eabaker » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:30 am

HedorahIsBestGirl wrote:I think the space apes in Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla are lamer than the cockroaches in Godzilla vs. Gigan.


Because they are. That's just an objective fact you've stated.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

edgaguirus
Kwaidan
Posts: 5517
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:25 pm

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Postby edgaguirus » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:49 am

HedorahIsBestGirl wrote:The reason I've never liked King Kong vs. Godzilla is because the Kong suit looks so atrocious, I cringe every time he's onscreen, and therefore I can't see the movie as anything other than parody. I know most people don't like the Kong suit, but it really bothers me to the point where I don't like watching the film.


It doesn't look that bad when viewed overall. The closeups, however, can be as you describe. I can definately say if you don't like this suit, try to avoid KKE.
Kaiju are just like people- giant, radioactive people.

Megalon went into a bar and saw Gigan. Megalon said, " Again? I thought you gave this up."
" What can I say," Gigan asked. " I'm hooked."

User avatar
Gojira18
G-Grasper
Posts: 1289
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:00 pm

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Postby Gojira18 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:28 am

edgaguirus wrote:
HedorahIsBestGirl wrote:The reason I've never liked King Kong vs. Godzilla is because the Kong suit looks so atrocious, I cringe every time he's onscreen, and therefore I can't see the movie as anything other than parody. I know most people don't like the Kong suit, but it really bothers me to the point where I don't like watching the film.


It doesn't look that bad when viewed overall. The closeups, however, can be as you describe. I can definately say if you don't like this suit, try to avoid KKE.

Yeah, as bad as the KKvG Kong suit is, it's skreeonking Peter Jackson's Kong compared to the KKE suit

User avatar
tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2469
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm
Location: Titan

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Postby tyrantgoji » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:03 am

I honestly think the KKE suit looks better. At least he looks intimidating and his face doesn't look like a squished grape with wooden teeth and eyes glued on. :lol:

User avatar
Orichalcum
Interpol Agent
Posts: 590
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:52 pm

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Postby Orichalcum » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:27 am

I like the body shape
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

User avatar
Fish Cakes
Interpol Agent
Posts: 613
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:28 am
Location: Vague SF Bay Area

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Postby Fish Cakes » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:46 am

Orichalcum wrote:I like the body shape

For me, it's Akane Shinjo.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

User avatar
Maverick Centigrade
Keizer
Posts: 7238
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:14 pm
Location: Hargenteen

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Postby Maverick Centigrade » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:47 pm

I consider Godzilla's roar in Battle For The Earth after Battra saves Mothra from the ferris wheel to be the absolute best roar in the franchise.
So then Worf suddenly has a purple space bazooka...

User avatar
DirektorSplennic
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 878
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:07 am
Location: Nebula M78

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Postby DirektorSplennic » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:48 pm

Maverick Centigrade wrote:I consider Godzilla's roar in Battle For The Earth after Battra saves Mothra from the ferris wheel to be the absolute best roar in the franchise.

Can I find this specific roar on Youtube? I must inspect it for myself.
Shin Gabara wrote:That's . . . quite the, uh-hum, specialty item.

#Ghidildo

MrRockett wrote:Late to this quote but if that turd burglar ever even made any threatening comments to me I’d find him and hammer him through the floor, go to the kitchen and have his mom make me lunch then set her up on a date with some Hells Angels so she doesn’t have to endure the shame that came out of her womb on YouTube...

User avatar
Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10286
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Postby Living Corpse » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:59 pm

You it'd be cool to see King Kong with a ball and chain. Like some villain tried to restrain him but he broke free and now has this big ass metal ball as a weapon.
Image

User avatar
GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 908
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:05 am

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Postby GuardianGhido » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:32 am

Living Corpse wrote:You it'd be cool to see King Kong with a ball and chain. Like some villain tried to restrain him but he broke free and now has this big ass metal ball as a weapon.

Wouldn't that basically be a rehash of the Propeller but it's blunt?

I myself would like to see him actually pick up and use the Empire State as an oversized spear or at least break off a part of it to use it like a weapon.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

User avatar
JAGzilla
Kwaidan
Posts: 6911
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:45 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Postby JAGzilla » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:50 am

Breaking off a piece would be a lot more likely. It'd take a Kong at least the size of anime Godzilla to pick up the entire Empire State Building.


Return to “General Toho Films”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests