The Jurassic Park/World Series

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
JAGzilla
Sazer

Re: The Jurassic Park Series (1-5)

Post by JAGzilla »

The big takeaway from this is that... well, there are at least two (excluding the wild-born baby) Nasutoceratops and an adult Allosaurus running around California, and I'm pretty confident that none of them were present at Lockwood Estate. Where the hell did they come from? Maaaaybe we could assume the Allo is the juvenile from FK, and they just grow really fast, but the Nasuto pair are a weird mystery. Could they be a hint that someone was already illegally cloning dinosaurs on the mainland prior to FK and just started to release them?

Okay, I know the real answer is "we wanted to use Nasutoceratops and screw continuity, nobody complains that the Parasaurolophus change colors every movie." I'm still going to nitpick, though. :lol:
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

The Allosaurus was confirmed by Trevorrow to be one of the individuals from FK all grown up (which is apparently what he meant by a character from the film returning in BABR? I don't know, he's weird)

I do hope we get some stuff like that of "they didn't clone or save that", though

RIP Evan.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:The Allosaurus was confirmed by Trevorrow to be one of the individuals from FK all grown up (which is apparently what he meant by a character from the film returning in BABR? I don't know, he's weird)

I do hope we get some stuff like that of "they didn't clone or save that", though
I still want to know how an allosaur can just wonder around like that. It may not have been the massive powerhouse T. rex, but at 25-33 ft long and 2-3 tons, it's still larger then every other animal that's NOT Nublar or Sorna dinosaur in the USA.

Not only that, but what exactly did it eat, not to mention how muc of it, to get that big?

SoggyNoodles2016

Rhedosaurus wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:The Allosaurus was confirmed by Trevorrow to be one of the individuals from FK all grown up (which is apparently what he meant by a character from the film returning in BABR? I don't know, he's weird)

I still want to know how an allosaur can just wonder around like that. It may not have been the massive powerhouse T. rex, but at 25-33 ft long and 2-3 tons, it's still larger then every other animal that's NOT Nublar or Sorna dinosaur in the USA.

Not only that, but what exactly did it eat, not to mention how muc of it, to get that big?
Rexy is 45 feet long and 13 feet tall, and apparently, she can hide with a decent amount of foliage so apparently it's just something Ingen theropods can do.

As for diet, probably fellow escaped dinosaurs (either alive or carcasses from those not lucky enough to survive modern conditions), deer and other local wildlife who have no precedent for how to avoid 30 foot long speedy ambush predators with bone crushing jaws, and probably some humans because to quote Malcolm in the novel "these animals must learn somewhere along the way that human beings are easy to kill. Only afterward do they become man-killers"
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Rhedosaurus wrote:I still want to know how an allosaur can just wonder around like that.
I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to think about it too hard lol The US Government can find a dude hiding in a cave across the world, what are a few dinosaurs in the woods to that?
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Not only that, but what exactly did it eat, not to mention how much of it, to get that big?
Livestock, probably. They'd certainly be easy targets. And maybe elephant seals. It's easy to forget that California has those, but they certainly do... thousands of tons of sluggish blubber laying on the beaches, totally unaccustomed to being attacked while on land.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

I won't go into why but, I ended up not really caring for the short film. I did like the ending credits scenes though.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

I did kind of want to roll my eyes at the little girl using the crossbow to shoo off the dinosaur - seems like ever since Hunger Games took off bows are the weapon of choice for all girl characters. But that's just a small personal pet peeve/nitpick.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Vakanai wrote:I did kind of want to roll my eyes at the little girl using the crossbow to shoo off the dinosaur - seems like ever since Hunger Games took off bows are the weapon of choice for all girl characters. But that's just a small personal pet peeve/nitpick.
To be fair, at least she was FAR superior to Malise.

"They're alive, like me."

What a horrible line...

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Vakanai wrote:I did kind of want to roll my eyes at the little girl using the crossbow to shoo off the dinosaur - seems like ever since Hunger Games took off bows are the weapon of choice for all girl characters. But that's just a small personal pet peeve/nitpick.
To be fair, at least she was FAR superior to Malise.

"They're alive, like me."

What a horrible line...
I don't see anything wrong with that line considering the circumstances.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

‘Jurassic Park’ Trio Laura Dern, Sam Neill & Jeff Goldblum Returning For ‘Jurassic World 3’

link - https://deadline.com/2019/09/jurassic-w ... 202744117/

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

XxComablack1937xX wrote:‘Jurassic Park’ Trio Laura Dern, Sam Neill & Jeff Goldblum Returning For ‘Jurassic World 3’

link - https://deadline.com/2019/09/jurassic-w ... 202744117/

While I'm excited to see the return of these actors, I can't see the purpose of the characters returning. None of them even like these dinosaurs.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I'm sure it'll be a narrative akin to "Wow look how they've sold out", with potential metaphorical digs at Disney and Disneyland.

I look forward to it.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I'm kinda hoping that Joseph Mazzello and Ariana Richards return to reprise their roles as Tim and Lex. Just to let everything come full circle.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

No I hope they don't honestly. I thought Goldblum in JWFK was enough of a nod honestly. Neill and Dern coming back is already pushing it. Hopefully they're scenes are relegated more to cameos. Maybe have a short scene of them being interviewed on a talk show or something. I really hope they don't try to shoehorn them into the plot in any major way. Maybe Joe as he has gotten some recognition lately for his role in Bohemian Rhapsody but still I'd prefer not.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

So i figured this would be a good question to ask,do you guys believe the "Spinosaurus was a hybrid theory"? I personally don't see an reason why he (yes i think the Spino was a male) wouldn't be. He looks nothing like the modern day fossils,no real Spino would kill a T-Rex lickity split like that,and he was born from illegal cloning.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

tyrantgoji wrote:So i figured this would be a good question to ask,do you guys believe the "Spinosaurus was a hybrid theory"? I personally don't see an reason why he (yes i think the Spino was a male) wouldn't be. He looks nothing like the modern day fossils,no real Spino would kill a T-Rex lickity split like that,and he was born from illegal cloning.
Yeah that's my headcanon. Spino was the first protohybrid to see if they could alter a normal dinosaur then after the success they made Indo the first true hybrid.

I think the Spino being a male was confirmed to be honest though.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

SoggyNoodles2016

The problem with the "he doesn't look like it" argument is this is Jurassic Park. Every dinosaur is a genetic abomination made with 20% actual animal, 40% 80s-90s science, and 60% Hollywood/theme park "make it cooler" mentality so it was NEVER gonna look like an IRL Spinosaurus.

Besides that, it's totally a hybrid. Been confirmed as canon, even.

Edit: the fact the JP3 variant is the basic one in Evolution (where every dinosaur has to have Universal confirmation to be what the franchise version should be and that all dinosaurs minus Indoraptor are female) says she's a girl
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

It doesn't make any sense to criticize Spinosaurus for being inaccurate in a 2001 movie because that was the version they thought was accurate at the time.

Jack Horner was pushing his theory that Tyrannosaurus was a scavenger and Spinosaurus was a real super predator around then as well.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:The problem with the "he doesn't look like it" argument is this is Jurassic Park. Every dinosaur is a genetic abomination made with 20% actual animal, 40% 80s-90s science, and 60% Hollywood/theme park "make it cooler" mentality so it was NEVER gonna look like an IRL Spinosaurus.

Besides that, it's totally a hybrid. Been confirmed as canon, even.

Edit: the fact the JP3 variant is the basic one in Evolution (where every dinosaur has to have Universal confirmation to be what the franchise version should be and that all dinosaurs minus Indoraptor are female) says she's a girl
Spinosaurus was made illegally on Isla Sorna it wouldn't be in the all female list.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image