Movies M.I.A on blu-ray

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: Movies M.I.A on blu-ray

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

2004Zilla wrote:I would really love for The Abyss to end up on Blu Ray. That's like the one film I am utterly baffled doesn't have a BR release.
You can blame Cameron for dragging his ass on that one. He was supposed to ok the transfer last winter but it apparently never happened. He's too busy wasting time and money on his unwanted Avatar sequels. Of course the Fox buyout probably didn't help matters.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

Can all the Guyver fans around the net come together and petition for an official home video release of Guyver 2: Dark Hero, please? :lol:
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I think Shout would be a good bet to get the Guyver films eventually.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

I'm just tired of waiting, it feels like it'll never come.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Been waiting for Project Metalbeast to hit DVD, and now Blu-Ray, for YEARS. It's one of my favorite low budget '90s horror.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

MM Raids Again wrote:Been waiting for Project Metalbeast to hit DVD, and now Blu-Ray, for YEARS. It's one of my favorite low budget '90s horror.

That and the rest of Watchers films need to come out, maybe as box set.

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

Watchers, sounds familiar, was that the Predator knock off series with the dog?

Thats not on DvD either?

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

Terasawa wrote:
kingkevzilla88 wrote: I was a Teenage Frankenstein
I was a Teenage Werewolf
It Conquered the World
Zontar, The Thing from Venus
Invasion of the Saucer Men
The Eye Creatures
The Amazing Colossal Man
Terror from the Year 5000
All owned by Susan (Hart) Hofheinz-Nicholson, widow of AIP co-founder James Nicholson. Hofheinz has refused all offers from interested distributors. I'd suggest Googling to learn more about it. The same issue somewhat applies to...
I've read some of the stories, she is definitely nuts. Hopefully these films become public domain soon.
Bride of the Gorilla
Robot Monster
The Crawling Eye
The Brain From Planet Arous
Teenage Monster
Invaders From Mars (53)
...which are in the hands of Wade Williams. Kino made him an offer to restore and release most of his collection several years ago and he turned it down. He has publicly said he's interested in releasing these and other films in his control but there's been no news in the years since.[/quote]

Wade Williams is complete bell end, claiming to owns third movies and a few more. When they're in the public domain and I've heard that threatens anyone with a lawsuit if try to release them.
[quote/]
In need of a Blu-ray release: The Thing from Another World. Reportedly WB's elements are in poor condition. The same is supposedly true of Curse of Frankenstein, although that title's available in Region B.
[/quote]

The Thing From Another World is getting a blu-ray release over, as part HMV's Premium Collection at the end of the month.

realinvaderdesign
GPN Volunteer

Post by realinvaderdesign »

king kong lives
the giant claw (lol)
konga (no gorgo/konga double feature for you)
the last dinosaur
and of course godzilla 1985, for obvious reasons
Last edited by realinvaderdesign on Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

kingkevzilla88 wrote:The Thing From Another World is getting a blu-ray release over, as part HMV's Premium Collection at the end of the month.
Thanks, wasn't aware of that. And it looks like I missed a Warner Archives release last year that seems to be pretty respectable.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Orichalcum wrote:Watchers, sounds familiar, was that the Predator knock off series with the dog?

Thats not on DVD either?
The WATCHERS series of flicks were based on the excellent Dean Koontz novel that Roger Corman adapted. The third one featuring a team of military convicts having a genetically engineered killer baboon sicced on them your probably thinking of.

Anywho, on my personal list of flicks, and even a TV show or two that should be getting their long awaited release to Blu/Ray.
FRIGHT NIGHT 2. The Tommy Lee Wallace directed sequel to the original 1985 vampire classic. Quite good. Only got a so-so DVD release back in 2003 in pan and scan format. Apparently, some legal issues are keeping the flick from getting the proper format transfer to Blu/Ray.

GODZILLA 1985 dangnabbit.
Also Dino DeLaurentis' KING KONG television, extended cut. Back when there were only two, three commercials featured in the ad breaks on network television. Deleted scenes in some films were added back, along with edits for television standards on harsh language, violence, and nudity. KK'76 had a bunch of scenes added back in for the broadcast on NBC. Sometimes it ran three hours. Other times the flick was run over two nights as a four hour mini-series. Unfortunately, the extended versions, other than bootlegs have been lost. And even the DeLaurentis' family has lost track of this cut in their own vaults some where.
INHUMANOIDS. In the U.S. sadly the entire thirteen episode series hasn't got released stateside on Region 1 as of yet. And other than some fan made collections, the Evil Within hasn't emerged on Blu/Ray as yet either. :(
DINO-RIDERS . Received a DVD release back in the early 2Ks. Went out of print. Now be prepared to pay an arm and a leg for that my fellow kaijuphiles. Looked it up last year for my cousin's boys around Christmas when I found that out..
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

Well, here's some more that aren't blu-ray or DVD

The Keep
Sorority Girls & The Creature From Hell
Dream Demon
Meet The Applegates
Grim Prairie Tales
Monkey Boy
The 13th Floor (1995)
I Go Pogo
Goodnight God Bless
Mister Frost
Attack Of The Beast Creatures
Fear City
City In Panic
The Appointment - Now there are two nearly lost films with this title from around the same time. One being a Brittish horror film about a man encountering the supernatural while driving along the motorway. the second being an American film about a haunted forest.
Brain Fix
Appointment with fear
Death of a Nun
The Borrower
Spookies
The Dwelling
Return Of The Family Man
The Haunted
Hider In The House
The Invisible Maniac
The Prince of Terror

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

The One and Only wrote:
Orichalcum wrote:Watchers, sounds familiar, was that the Predator knock off series with the dog?

Thats not on DVD either?
The WATCHERS series of flicks were based on the excellent Dean Koontz novel that Roger Corman adapted. The third one featuring a team of military convicts having a genetically engineered killer baboon sicced on them your probably thinking of.
I just faintly remember a couple movies, one where a team goes into the jungle and gets attacked by a big green warty monster who gets dropped from a crate, there was also a dog named Enstien that's connected to the monster, that's the Predator movie. The other movie was about a couple trying to stop a werewolf hog man who becomes sweet at the end and still gets shot because he's a monsterrr- the dogs also there lol

Can't remember the titles though.

I think I liked the one where they go into the jungle so I'd love to pick that up on Blu-ray one day.

Is Metal Wolf apart of that series or connected?
Last edited by Orichalcum on Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

I need a Prince of Space Blu-ray.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

Legend of Boggy Creek.
One of the best Bigfoot movies and it is just fading away into movie obscurity.
Last edited by ScootaVaran on Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Konga is coming in December on Blu-ray from Kino Lorber. It was just announced the other day.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

ScootaVaran wrote:Legend of Boggy Creek.
One of the best Bigfoot movies and it is just fading away into movie obscurity.
Holy shit, The Legend Of Boggy Creek use to scare the fuck out of me!

That movies got a real creepy atmosphere at times :lol:

That’s a shame if it’s really fading, I loved this movie. I remember the old VHS cover I had with a couple in a boat paddling away from a giant big foot, ah nostalgia… this movie was my childhood lol

I need a Blu-ray of this immediately

Does Children Shouldn’t Play With Dead Things have a Blu-ray?
Last edited by Orichalcum on Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Boggy Creek actually got a 4k restoration recently and I think I remember reading they’re planning a disc release.

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

I hope that true, I'll snag it in a minute

Joseph Goodman
Monarch Researcher

Post by Joseph Goodman »

I just want peplums to get the same Blu-ray treatment every other Italian exploitation trash genre has received