NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Post by Orichalcum »

So I'd like some advice.

Back on 07/15/2019 I walked into GameStop and pre-ordered the NECA Rodan, I went so far as to pay an extra $10 on one day shipping and was told the estimated delivery would be 09/6/2019, I did so because I assumed the figure would come earlier than September.

A month after that, I went back to GameStop because I still hadn't received my figure, while there I spotted a Rodan in stores and went ahead and bought it, I talked to the employees about canceling my order and was told they couldn't do anything for me until it arrived on my doorstep on the 6th of September and I brought it back in for a refund, I was pissed but accepted it and went home.

Well it's September 12th and I still haven't received the Rodan I ordered, even though I paid extra for one day shipping.

Am I just being an impatient asshole or does it seem like a genuine problems going on?
Last edited by Orichalcum on Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

Gamestop sucks.

...that's about all I can contribute. Seems strange they can't cancel the pre-order and give you your money back

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:Gamestop sucks.

...that's about all I can contribute.
:cry: ....You've said enough brother.

I agree, it sucks.

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

I wonder if I should patiently wait or drive back down to GameStop and complain

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Orichalcum wrote:I wonder if I should patiently wait or drive back down to GameStop and complain
At this point, it's not the store/employee's fault.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

So what? Did I just lose out on $34 bucks lol

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

...that's about all I can contribute. Seems strange they can't cancel the pre-order and give you your money back
They have their uses, but they're far from ideal for preordering. I have had online orders I wanted to cancel and there's no option online, you can contact CS and then you never hear back from them.

Unfortunately, they get exclusives and you deal with it for the sake of getting the item. I only go there for Godzillas because they usually get them in stock a week or two before sites like BBTS and I'm impatient, but otherwise, I'm willing to wait out most orders elsewhere for the better service.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Can't wait for the Neca 1964 Godzilla. After Godzilla 1962 their figures are awesome

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

keizerkaiju
Monarch Researcher

Post by keizerkaiju »

Orichalcum wrote:I wonder if I should patiently wait or drive back down to GameStop and complain
Yes, I'd do that. It's not the employee's fault, so don't be rude. But keep complaining. Maybe ask to talk to the manager.
You paid a pretty penny (for Day 1 shipping!) and the store is not keeping their end of the agreement. Maybe things will move faster if you keep pestering them.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Keep that in mind when you're looking for Jurassic World Amber Collection...

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

So.... never.

hahahaha

Added in 19 hours 38 minutes 21 seconds:
A couple pics I took with KG which just arrived and with the NECA Titans ...

I think they all scale together very well.

...now bring on the Burning Titan!

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

I don’t need SHMA anymore.
Made some more MAJOR modifications to my Neca Godzilla 2019. Moved the largest spine from the upper body to the lower body, cut a good portion out of the back of the neck, moved the last spine on the neck to the main body, then I went and messed with the sockets for the neck and head some more to get more range out of them. Now this guy can actually move Image Image Image
Now this figure can actually stand up straight
before and afters
Image Image

DrPhilizSick@sHell98
Monarch Researcher

Post by DrPhilizSick@sHell98 »

godzilla1541 wrote:I don’t need SHMA anymore.
Made some more MAJOR modifications to my Neca Godzilla 2019. Moved the largest spine from the upper body to the lower body, cut a good portion out of the back of the neck, moved the last spine on the neck to the main body, then I went and messed with the sockets for the neck and head some more to get more range out of them. Now this guy can actually move Image Image Image
Now this figure can actually stand up straight
before and afters
Image Image
Nice custom work! Just wondering, how do you post pics onto the thread?
@Dee_Sniper98 ▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一 on Instagram

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

People on reddit are finding the reissue Burning Goji. Perhaps the other ones are out there too?
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

I'm curious if more fixes are happening with the '84 reissue, is it possible they showed it off at SDCC to get a sense of how much interest there would be in seeing it further improved and then go back and refine some more.

That or they're just staggering releases to have things spread out over the year more. I'm really excited for it though, '84 is my most favorite design and the one NECA figure that hasn't even been "acceptable" looking. The new version with the refinements isn't perfect, but I would deem it acceptable now, and SHMA seems slow with wholly new figures vs repaints and such, so I'm not counting on them for an articulate '84 anytime soon.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

The legs are the worst part and they're still the same from all appearances. Until they fix that its still crap.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

DrPhilizSick@sHell98
Monarch Researcher

Fermix wrote:People on reddit are finding the reissue Burning Goji. Perhaps the other ones are out there too?
You talking about the clam shell or ultimate packaging? I still haven't found the nes reissue yet.

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

NES is at BBTS, it already came in an Ultimate style box.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ails/16900
Last edited by Ultra_Henshin_Fan on Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DrPhilizSick@sHell98
Monarch Researcher

I heard that playmates is suppose to be doing toys for godzilla vs kong next year. I wonder if that will affect neca from doing a kong or godzilla because last time they couldn't do kong since Lanard toys got the license for the kong skull island movie.

Added in 1 minute 57 seconds:
Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:NES is at BBTS, it already came in an Ultimate style box.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ails/16900
I know but I'm waiting for my local comic shop to get one so I can get the best looking one. I was talking about the burning goji with the packaging. Thanks though!

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

oh, I was responding to, " I still haven't found the nes reissue yet."

Haven't seen any info on any of the re-issues, looking forward to them though., and looking forward to the '64 that hopefully comes out in Nov.

Maybe next year is going to be the year of the re-issues. Hopefully they still have new things in the works also and not just re-issues.