Official What are you Playing and the Last Game you Beat 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Re: Official What are you Playing and the Last Game you Beat 2.0

Post by gvamp »

I just finished off the main story of AC Odyssey and it was amazing, easily my favorite game of the series.

Now I'm going to work on Pokémon Lets Go Eevee and do AC side stuff until RE2 comes out at the end of the month. After RE2 I'm going to go back and do all the Spider-Man DLC.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

Currently playing Kirby: Planet Robobot on my 3ds and replaying War for Cybertron on my PC.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Finished AC Odyssey ahead of schedule so I moved on to the SM DLC packs and 100% those. Trophy wise I didn't 100% that with all the new trophies added post game launch and probably never will.

I started RE2 remake at midnight. Started with Leon's campaign on Normal.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I played the demo of Yoshi’s Crafted World. Game looks very pleasant and fun. I love it visually and mechanically. Can’t wait for the actual release.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Since my last post in this thread I've beaten the following games:

Resident Evil 2 Leon A and Claire A
Metro Last Light Redux
Pokémon Lets go Eevee

By beat Pokémon I mean I finished the main game and caught Mewtwo. I still need about 15 Pokémon to get a full Dex. Not sure what I'll start now but after I beat the next game I'm going to restart The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

PC Specs

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Currently replaying Dead Space 1 on Hard. Hard is a bit of a misnomer, as it's more irritating than it is difficult. It can best be summarized as "Too many Necromorphs, not enough ammo". I'm currently running the Contact Beam, Plasma Cutter and Pulse Rifle. Despite it not being upgraded, the Pulse Rifle still reliably takes down Necromorphs better than the Plasma Cutter that I have upgraded. The Contact Beam is great for dismembering bosses, but unfortunately in it's unupgraded state all it does is temporarily knock down standard Necromorphs. Might try swapping out the Contact Beam with the Ripper as the Contact Beam is really only good for bosses at the moment so it and it's ammo takes up valuable inventory space.

Man, I wish EA didn't fuck this series into the dirt and shut down Visceral Games :cry:
Last edited by Breakdown on Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

In my last post I forgot to mention I also beat Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice which was an amazing game. I recommend anyone who hasn't played it do so.

I also got the last Pokemon I needed so now I have a complete Pokedex. Finally I beat Batman Arkham Origins this past week.

I restarted Zelda Breath of the Wild but after playing it the past few days I've seem to lost interest in the game. Don't get me wrong its a fantastic game with great visuals and depth but I think I just miss the traditional dungeons that the other Zelda games had. This game is like one big collectathon to even progress anywhere in the story and I really don't like that. Needless to say I think I might be taking a break from BotW for awhile. Possibly video games as a whole.

PC Specs

xolta
GPN Volunteer

Post by xolta »

Mostly been playing tetris 99 because its so dang addictive. The last game I beat was doom 2016 a few months a ago was a fun game and cant wait for doom enteral.

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

Currently playing Sonic Adventure.
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Replaying Dead Space 3 after a coworker mentioned he was playing it as well. The more I play it, the more it cements my belief that the series should have concluded with Dead Space 2. 3 adds unnessecary bloat to the story with SCAF and the Markers as well as some dumb elements, like how did the Unitologist equivalent of ISIS overthrow EarthGov in the span of literally an hour, or how the Bretheren Moons just magically find Earth and leave the story on a cliffhanger.

The game strays really far from the horror/survival roots of the first two and ends up feeling like a typical third person shooter with some scary things sprinkled in. The weapon customization was a cool addition, though I kind of preferred the weapons from the first two which had specific roles for certain situations. Here you can build some absurd rocket launcher/flamethrower hybrid and shred anything in your path and makes the game feel too easy even on harder difficulties.

I'd say this game is, fittingly, the Alien 3 of the series: Okay, but inferior to it's predecessors in almost every way.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

space godzilla
JXSDF Technician

Post by space godzilla »

Beat: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and Hollow Knight. Sekiro is definitely FromSoft’s best game since Bloodborne, and Hollow Knight has become one of my favorite platformers of all time.

Playing: Dark Souls (cosplaying as Paladin Leeroy), Shovel Knight, and Animal Crossing: Welcome amiibo. First time playing an Animal Crossing game. I’m enjoying it so far.

Also occasionally playing some Gwent since the Crimson Curse expansion came out.
Against all the evil that Hell can conjure, all the wickedness that mankind can produce, we will send unto them... only you. Rip and tear, until it is done. - King Novik, DOOM Eternal

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I'm going to be finishing off Devil May Cry HD tomorrow night or Tuesday night then after that its back to Zelda Breath of the Wild.

I have less than six hours left in DMC. In Zelda I'm just trying to get enough shrines done so that I can get enough hearts to get the Master Sword. Once I get that I'm going to do some story stuff mainly the memories first then the divine beasts.

Added in 3 months 26 days 19 hours 12 minutes 36 seconds:
Just finished off RDR2 this afternoon. I didn't enjoy it as much as I did the first game but it was still a great game. Not sure what I'll start now but I do have Gears 5 in less than a month then Links Awakening on Switch in about a months time.

PC Specs

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

So happy. Looks like Devil May Cry 5 just came to Game Pass. I was seriously about to buy that, Red Dead 2, and Ace Combat this fall.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

space godzilla wrote:Beat: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and Hollow Knight. Sekiro is definitely FromSoft’s best game since Bloodborne, and Hollow Knight has become one of my favorite platformers of all time.

Playing: Dark Souls (cosplaying as Paladin Leeroy), Shovel Knight, and Animal Crossing: Welcome amiibo. First time playing an Animal Crossing game. I’m enjoying it so far.

Also occasionally playing some Gwent since the Crimson Curse expansion came out.
Try replaying Sekiro and get back to me. The big issue with it is it lacks replay value. There aren’t any builds or different ways to approach the game. I say this as someone who has milked at least 100 hours of Dark souls, 2, 3 and Bloodborne individually.

Anyways almost done with resident evil Zero.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Just finished Devil May Cry 5.

Playing Control at the moment. Remedy's new game. Not bad...

Gears of War 5 is next.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

I'm playing the Shockwave Mod for Command & Conquer Generals: Zero Hour. More specifically, the Generals Challenge with the USA Armor General. This is a pretty good mod, but I do that it had proper campaigns for each side. That being said, it's still a pretty good mod.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Was playing some Gears 4 to get some skins for that game as well as Gears 5. Thursday I'll be starting Gears 5 at midnight.

PC Specs

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Astral Chain. Anyone got this?

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Astral Chain. Anyone got this?
Platinum's new game, right? No. I just played Devil May Cry. If i have too many action games back to back, i'll just get burnt out. Y'know?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Assassin's Creed Origins.

Haven't caught up on AC since Black Flag, Unity and Syndicate.

Can't tell if I like the game yet, it's certainly lush with personality and exotic as can be, but the gameplay and controls are mid-tier early 2000s at best. I never liked Dark Souls, so I'm nervous that's the direction they're going in.

I still want Odyssey once I finish Origins though.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira