MonsterVerse: Beyond 2020

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Re: MonsterVerse: Beyond 2020

Post by Vakanai »

_JNavs_ wrote:How would you guys feel if a Godzilla Kaiju was the main antagonist in a Kong sequel?
Gorosaurus! Rematch of the ages!
Orichalcum wrote:I can’t wait for Toho to yank the Godzilla rights from WB and give them to Disney for a Son Of Godzilla remake.
Oh God(zilla!) no! :freak:
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

I'd like to see an animated TV show that talks about Monarch in between K: SI and Godzilla 2014 OR, if GvK really is the end of the Godzillaverse, use Doughtry's plan for Godzilla and modified it so that we see Godzilla fight monsters from before man entered the modern era.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Rhedosaurus wrote:I'd like to see an animated TV show that talks about Monarch in between K: SI and Godzilla 2014 OR, if GvK really is the end of the Godzillaverse, use Doughtry's plan for Godzilla and modified it so that we see Godzilla fight monsters from before man entered the modern era.
Yeah a TV series, animated or no, would be perfect for some great worldbuilding and expansion while still continuing the MV in a way. I personally would much prefer a Monarch TV series detailing their exploits in Monster research discoveries (innovations from Titan DNA and biomatter, new technology for observation, containment or even combat), expeditions to the hollow Earth and ancient history (Seatopia, Mothra worshipping societies), observation of a titan or two (the minor ones like Scylla, Methuselah and Behemoth) and stuff like that. Maybe even going into conflicts with ecoterrorists, mutants created from Titan DNA, and other non-titan monsters (Shockirus, Meganula, possibly even one of my favorite non-kaiju Toho monsters - Matango!).

Whether it's live-action or animated, I don't think it would be too much trouble to make something like this. If it was live-action, you could keep budget low by having very low Titan screentime (this is more about Monarch exploits than the Titans doing things) and maybe using practical effects for other creatures. (I could see Matango suits being used instead of CGI)
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

I really want to see camera eventually.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Sonic wrote:I really want to see camera eventually.
Isn't it part of good filming and editing that you don't see any of the cameras?

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Vakanai wrote:
Isn't it part of good filming and editing that you don't see any of the cameras?
He means Gamera
It's a mistake he's made before, pretty sure he's ESL
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

G2000 wrote:
Vakanai wrote:
He means Gamera
Ah, fair enough.
Maybe it's just autocorrect changing Gamera to camera.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Mentioned this idea a while back on another thread but given King Ghidorah is a species would it be out of the question of another possibility appearing?
Does anyone really want another random Ghidorah with zero history with Godzilla showing up, though?
Last edited by Smuggers on Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

It'd make 0 sense to randomly introduce a whole new Ghidorah.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

_JNavs_ wrote:It'd make 0 sense to randomly introduce a whole new Ghidorah.
Yeah, let's get a new monster to join the fray.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

kaijuguy19
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaijuguy19 »

GuardianGhido wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:I'd like to see an animated TV show that talks about Monarch in between K: SI and Godzilla 2014 OR, if GvK really is the end of the Godzillaverse, use Doughtry's plan for Godzilla and modified it so that we see Godzilla fight monsters from before man entered the modern era.
Yeah a TV series, animated or no, would be perfect for some great worldbuilding and expansion while still continuing the MV in a way. I personally would much prefer a Monarch TV series detailing their exploits in Monster research discoveries (innovations from Titan DNA and biomatter, new technology for observation, containment or even combat), expeditions to the hollow Earth and ancient history (Seatopia, Mothra worshipping societies), observation of a titan or two (the minor ones like Scylla, Methuselah and Behemoth) and stuff like that. Maybe even going into conflicts with ecoterrorists, mutants created from Titan DNA, and other non-titan monsters (Shockirus, Meganula, possibly even one of my favorite non-kaiju Toho monsters - Matango!).

Whether it's live-action or animated, I don't think it would be too much trouble to make something like this. If it was live-action, you could keep budget low by having very low Titan screentime (this is more about Monarch exploits than the Titans doing things) and maybe using practical effects for other creatures. (I could see Matango suits being used instead of CGI)
Funny enough I have a similar idea for a Monarch series that's similar to the found footage horror show Lost Tapes where in between the main story,we get background and history of the creature of the day and what it could possible do if found in real life. It'd be both a good way to build more of the Monsterverse and bring in some lesser known crpytids into the mainstream.
Why am I always chasing rainbows?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

A Monsterverse show aimed towards kids and teens similar to Godzilla: The Series running simultaneously with a Walking with the Dinosaurs type faux-history show would be ideal.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

G2000 wrote:
Vakanai wrote:
He means Gamera
ESL? no, stupid auto correct? yes.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

It wouldn't make any less sense then Ghidorah showing up before in histroy.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

miguelnuva wrote:
...How?
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Smuggers wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
...How?
Ghidorah is a space Monster that usually just shows up on Earth. Toho even created a second King Ghidorah in the showa timeline and were trying to do so in the Heisei timeline. You could have humans clone the one we saw in KOTM or you go the Dagon route and just introduce a second Ghidorah for what ever reason. You could even go the Keizer Ghidorah route.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

That's dumb. No.
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Orichalcum wrote:That's dumb. No.
Maybe, maybe not. A lot of people thought
Spoiler:
MechaGodzilla
and Godzilla vs Kong was dumb and it's looking like we may be getting both.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

Apples and oranges dude
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Another Ghidorah isn't the strangest thing in the world though I would prefer we stick with the one we have
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST