World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
G2000
Xilien Halfling

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Post by G2000 »

Dumb little thing but I sort of hope we get a film or a series in which there are two Gotengos/Atragons, one named the Gotengo and the other the Atragon just to address the whole two names thing
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

G2000 wrote:Dumb little thing but I sort of hope we get a film or a series in which there are two Gotengos/Atragons, one named the Gotengo and the other the Atragon just to address the whole two names thing
the first one named the Gotengo gets demolished and the Atragon takes t's place later on.then after a while the Gotengo gets repaired and we see them together.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

It'd be extra confusing if you also had Manda being referred to as "Atragon."
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Give me a Latitude Zero/Atragon crossover please!
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

kaijuguy19
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaijuguy19 »

While I know that Shin Godzilla would likely not be part of the World of Godzilla Series it'd be cool if that Shin Godzilla actually is part of the new set of kaiju movies Toho has in mind it could look a little like this fan series.

https://www.deviantart.com/dalekmercy/g ... nsterverse

It's a concept that continues after shin Godzilla and expands upon it while also retaining what makes Shin Godzilla unique in the first place. If it's something like this it'd be awesome.
Why am I always chasing rainbows?

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Shin Ultraman. What? Like we aren't all thinking it.
By the same token, Shin Ghidorah from the ride put into a movie.
I was originally against doing a whole Shin-verse, but now I'm really getting into the idea.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Vakanai wrote:Shin Ultraman. What? Like we aren't all thinking it.
Lol no

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Vakanai wrote:Shin Ultraman. What? Like we aren't all thinking it.
Lol no
Fine we aren't -all- thinking it, a lot of us are thinking it then. :P

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

I think only you’re thinking it.
Long Live The Sting

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Stump Feet wrote:I think only you’re thinking it.
I highly doubt I'm alone. :P

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Well let’s put it this way- you should be :lol:
Last edited by Stump Feet on Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live The Sting

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Stump Feet wrote:Well let’s put it this way- you should be :lol:
Why should I be? There's nothing inherently wrong with it. I can understand that you disagree with my preference, but no reason to act like my opinion is somehow wrong. We just want different things.

Added in 1 day 5 minutes 47 seconds:
Alright, like I'm sure many other fans here have recently done, I rewatched Mothra to enjoy my new steelbook Blu-ray of the film. While the scenes are obviously different, watching Mothra in her larva/caterpillar form wreck her way through a city reminded me a lot of Shin Godzilla's first on land rampage before he became bipedal. I could definitely see a modern Mothra movie playing out a bit similarly, and it would be a hell of a scene seeing Mothra in her larva form destroying stuff with modern special effects.

(Not talking about some Shin Mothra here, just saying one scene reminded me of another scene a bit)

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

I think Maguma should be in this universe, maybe in its own movie with a theme about climate change since that seems to be a serious issue currently.
Last edited by HillyHulk on Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

-More Godzilla animes, good ones.
-Zone Fighter in video games.
-King Kong in a Godzilla game.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toho1993
Ronin

Post by Toho1993 »

A well thought out series with continuity and G going through changes. Something new but still recognizable as G. They could get really creative I don’t mind; if I wanted the old movies I’d just watch em. Just as long as they were good. But let’s be honest, even with us fans liking the political satire and way things are it doesn’t take much to please us. Kaiju action please.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I want very chimera like creatures. Think Black Moth from Latitude Zero but with even more animal parts like a narwhal horn on it's head or a whale tail in place of it's real one. I think seeing something like that,knowing that it used to be a normal creature,could be really unnerving.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Two adult Mothras (we've had twin Mothras before, but never as adults), the Shobijin including their third bad sister ala the RoM trilogy, and Battra. Really want a Mothra film that incorporates a lot of the lore built up over the different eras into one awesome and cohesive version.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Mothra doing some actual damage in Imago form and not dying.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GuardianGhido wrote:Mothra doing some actual damage in Imago form and not dying.
This,Mothra's an old dog who can't learn any new tricks. Except maybe the script-writers can teach her to not die. :lol:

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

I'd like to see Hedorah, Gigan and Megalon make comebacks and be legit threats. Gigan and Megalon can do a team up movie, maybe even throw in King Ghidorah as well for a movie based on the original script for GvG. Always wanted to see those three side-by-side. Hedorah just deserves some modern day love. CGI would work wonders for him. I want to see MechaGodzilla return to a villainous role. Doesn't need to necessarily be an alien in origin, but maybe a terrorist threat? And bring back the classic finger missiles. For "good guy" mechs, look no further than Moguera who I feel should make a return someday.

I'd really like for them to bring back the Monster Island concept so more kaiju can pop up and help/fight Godzilla when the script calls for it. Not just the usual Rodan and Anguirus, but bring back Gorosaurus, Varan and Baragon on it as well.

It's obvious we'll get Mothra at some point, but I'd love for them to expand her lore and bring Battra back. Maybe even incorporate some other kaiju into her history, like the arrival of Orga/Millennians millions of years ago and their repulsion of King Ghidorah. I wouldn't be opposed to even see Leo again, if possible. A more traditional Mothra with his color scheme could look fantastic.

While I don't see him fulfilling a whole movie to himself, I really want to see Kumonga make a return and actually do something. He was wasted in 2004. Lets see what he can do in a city. Web up some skyscrapers.

And last but not least, I want a new Destroy All Monsters type of film. But not one where the aliens just use the Earth kaiju and then Ghidorah at the end. No. I want to see all the major alien threats go head-to-head with the Earth kaiju in a grand finale. And during this massive fight, the invaders unleash their most powerful creation: SpaceGodzilla.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?