Stephen King ''IT'' Remake/Re-adaptation

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
User avatar
Orichalcum
Interpol Agent
Posts: 590
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:52 pm

Re: Stephen King ''IT'' Remake/Re-adaptation

Postby Orichalcum » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:09 pm

Maybe, just maybe, you should wait and see it for yourself before trying to put any thought behind its tone.

Added in 7 hours 26 minutes 33 seconds:
You know, I imagined a spider with a Pennywise head

Spoiler:
what we got was a spider centaur with Pennywises torso sticking out of a spider body lol
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

Online
User avatar
GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer
Posts: 9669
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:11 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Stephen King ''IT'' Remake/Re-adaptation

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:22 am

Gonna be seeing this finally in a few hours with my friends. Really stoked to see how they pull off the finale between the losers and It (Pennywise) compared to the mini-series and how the giant spider will look.

This is IT (Pun intended). The final battle begins...
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Orichalcum
Interpol Agent
Posts: 590
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:52 pm

Re: Stephen King ''IT'' Remake/Re-adaptation

Postby Orichalcum » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:24 am

It's a lot more dramatic, I'll give it that
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

User avatar
_JNavs_
Kwaidan
Posts: 5597
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: Stephen King ''IT'' Remake/Re-adaptation

Postby _JNavs_ » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:02 pm

I liked it almost as much as the first.

Watched it last night, plus I got 2 exclusive posters and the promo popcorn cup/popcorn box so that's pretty sweet.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Sith Apprentice.

Online
User avatar
GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer
Posts: 9669
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:11 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Stephen King ''IT'' Remake/Re-adaptation

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:18 pm

So I just came back...

...

What the skreeonk was that?

Did they just did this into a skreeonk comedy? Turn this into the MCU because that's what it felt like watching this compared to the first part.

Spoiler:
Baby like fetus thing during the fortune cookies. Not scary at all.

Music playing when Eddie gets puked in the face.

Doctor masturbating? Was that really necessary? We're we suppose to laugh at that? Otherwise what was that suppose to represent?

Henry acting more funny then scary.


All other problems.

Spoiler:
Also I didn't like the beginning how it was rushed with Mike calling everyone. I wish like in the It 90's mini-series upon calling them each of them reflected back to their traumatic experiences with It (Pennywise) Stan especially. Its like once Stan found out he just killed himself right away rather then reflecting back to the time when the painted lady had her mouth over his face and slowly began to mentally lose it inside. I wish that would had taken time.


I really only liked the climax for the most part but

Spoiler:
I was really disappointed in the spider form. I expected much better from that.


Haven't been this disappointed since Avengers: Endgame which even then I'd put that above this. At least unlike its first two hours had something going.

User avatar
_JNavs_
Kwaidan
Posts: 5597
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: Stephen King ''IT'' Remake/Re-adaptation

Postby _JNavs_ » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:46 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:So I just came back...

...

What the skreeonk was that?

Did they just did this into a skreeonk comedy? Turn this into the MCU because that's what it felt like watching this compared to the first part.

Spoiler:
Baby like fetus thing during the fortune cookies. Not scary at all.

Music playing when Eddie gets puked in the face.

Doctor masturbating? Was that really necessary? We're we suppose to laugh at that? Otherwise what was that suppose to represent?

Henry acting more funny then scary.


All other problems.

Spoiler:
Also I didn't like the beginning how it was rushed with Mike calling everyone. I wish like in the It 90's mini-series upon calling them each of them reflected back to their traumatic experiences with It (Pennywise) Stan especially. Its like once Stan found out he just killed himself right away rather then reflecting back to the time when the painted lady had her mouth over his face and slowly began to mentally lose it inside. I wish that would had taken time.


I really only liked the climax for the most part but

Spoiler:
I was really disappointed in the spider form. I expected much better from that.


Haven't been this disappointed since Avengers: Endgame which even then I'd put that above this. At least unlike its first two hours had something going.
Spoiler:
I'd assume it's because Pennywise would no longer be scary to the Losers Club, so the film reflected that. It felt similar to the first films tone mixed with the tone of the later Nightmare on Elm Street flicks.


Spoiler:
The baby fetus sequence was supposed to freak you (the audience) out. It was a shock to the Losers Club and the audience.


I do agree with your last spoiler, that thing could've been much better.

Added in 1 minute 51 seconds:
This is one of the posters I got last night, very minimalist, love it.

I'll show the second one tm, still have to put it up.

Image
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Sith Apprentice.

User avatar
Jeff-Goldblum2
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 321
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:36 am

Re: Stephen King ''IT'' Remake/Re-adaptation

Postby Jeff-Goldblum2 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:53 am

What a great movie.

User avatar
PopInPicsPresents
Kwaidan
Posts: 5759
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:59 am
Contact:

Re: Stephen King ''IT'' Remake/Re-adaptation

Postby PopInPicsPresents » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:18 am

The bit where Eddie gets puked on in the basement. I haven't laughed that hard in a theater all year.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.


Mama Birdon is bae


Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Online
User avatar
GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer
Posts: 9669
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:11 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Stephen King ''IT'' Remake/Re-adaptation

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:32 am

PopInPicsPresents wrote:The bit where Eddie gets puked on in the basement. I haven't laughed that hard in a theater all year.

I was not laughing like at all and cringed. They pretty much turned this movie into a damn comedy. The first part might of had some out of place moments (Rock music during the rock throwing fight for example) but at least compared to this movie it still felt like a horror.

Like...Was the music even necessary? :?

But most of all the one thing I'll never get...

Spoiler:
Eddie seeing the doctor masturbating in the corner. Like what was even the point of that? Was that suppose to be funny? Was that suppose to represent something? If so there was no point of it.


Movie also had too many dick jokes.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Orichalcum
Interpol Agent
Posts: 590
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:52 pm

Re: Stephen King ''IT'' Remake/Re-adaptation

Postby Orichalcum » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:51 am

I guess the movie wasn’t Monsters vs. Aliens enough for you?
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

User avatar
KManX89
G-Grasper
Posts: 1237
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:35 pm

Re: Stephen King ''IT'' Remake/Re-adaptation

Postby KManX89 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:57 am

It (no pun intended) was pretty good, not as good as the first one, but still solid nonetheless.

It definitely delivered on the scares and tension and the cast was solid all-around, though the pacing was kinda iffy in spots. There were some scenes that really didn't need to be in the film, including flashback scenes which it was overstuffed with them. If a sequel is dependent on you having seen the first movie in order to understand the plot in the first place (which most sequels are), then throwing in a ton of flashbacks is pointless. They were just thrown in there for the sake of padding the movie's runtime, which dragged it down a bit.

Still a pretty good movie, though.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

User avatar
tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2385
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm
Location: Titan

Re: Stephen King ''IT'' Remake/Re-adaptation

Postby tyrantgoji » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:27 am

Orichalcum wrote:I guess the movie wasn’t Monsters vs. Aliens enough for you?

...What's the comparison here?

Online
User avatar
GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer
Posts: 9669
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:11 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Stephen King ''IT'' Remake/Re-adaptation

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:22 pm

Orichalcum wrote:I guess the movie wasn’t Monsters vs. Aliens enough for you?

I don't get it... :?

User avatar
SoggyNoodles2016
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2350
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Location: My parents' basement

Re: Stephen King ''IT'' Remake/Re-adaptation

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:33 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Orichalcum wrote:I guess the movie wasn’t Monsters vs. Aliens enough for you?

I don't get it... :?


It's because you talked about Monsters Vs Aliens being good before, I think?

Not the best example personally
Image

#MinillaForSmash2019

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

Online
User avatar
GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer
Posts: 9669
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:11 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Stephen King ''IT'' Remake/Re-adaptation

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:37 pm

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:It's because you talked about Monsters Vs Aliens being good before, I think?

Not the best example personally

Really? I don't recall. All I remember is talking about an ideal crossover between it and How to Train Your Dragon in the crossover thread in the General section.

User avatar
Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10270
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: Stephen King ''IT'' Remake/Re-adaptation

Postby Living Corpse » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:56 pm

It was okay.

First Chapter was better.
Image

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 14157
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: Stephen King ''IT'' Remake/Re-adaptation

Postby UltramanGoji » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:12 pm

I "binged" Chapter One yesterday and saw Chapter Two today.

Out of the two, One was definitely superior. Two's tone was wildly inconsistent, the random humor spread throughout just deflated the tension of the scenes it was in and the obscene amounts of exposition and flashbacks seemed to be only there to pad the runtime. They probably would've served better inserted back into Chapter One.

But aside from that, I enjoyed it. The cast was great, Bill Hader especially was the standout to me. I will say that the scares were relatively less impactful this time around with two minor exceptions in
Spoiler:
the bleachers scene and the funhouse mirrors scene.


I'd say it was a solid 6.75/10. Could it have been better? Guess so. But what I got I thought was pretty good. Think I might see the 1990 miniseries now and even check out the book as well.
Image

User avatar
_JNavs_
Kwaidan
Posts: 5597
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: Stephen King ''IT'' Remake/Re-adaptation

Postby _JNavs_ » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:12 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:The bit where Eddie gets puked on in the basement. I haven't laughed that hard in a theater all year.

I was not laughing like at all and cringed. They pretty much turned this movie into a damn comedy. The first part might of had some out of place moments (Rock music during the rock throwing fight for example) but at least compared to this movie it still felt like a horror.

Like...Was the music even necessary? :?

But most of all the one thing I'll never get...

Spoiler:
Eddie seeing the doctor masturbating in the corner. Like what was even the point of that? Was that suppose to be funny? Was that suppose to represent something? If so there was no point of it.


Movie also had too many dick jokes.

What made you cringe about
Spoiler:
Eddie choking out the Leper then getting covered in his vomit? He's a clean freak, it's what he's most scared of.

That's like the whole point of his character lol.

They made this film from the perspective of the adults who have already taken on Pennywise. Therefore this film is not meant to be as frightening as the first.

What music??

And that scene was supposed to be dark and comedic, unsettling and strange.

Added in 53 seconds:
It did what it had to do, comedy was a bit overboard, horror wasn't as present.

But it was still a solid entry in a great 2-Parter.
Image
Sith Apprentice.

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 14157
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: Stephen King ''IT'' Remake/Re-adaptation

Postby UltramanGoji » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:14 pm

_JNavs_ wrote:What music??


Spoiler:
You really don't remember the random obnoxious music played during the scene where the Leper vomits on Eddie?
Image

Online
User avatar
GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer
Posts: 9669
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:11 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Stephen King ''IT'' Remake/Re-adaptation

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:15 pm

_JNavs_ wrote:What music??

There was this upbeat music that played briefly while being puked on. That's what made me cringe. It just felt so out of place and it wouldn't had bothered me if they didn't add said music.


Return to “Monster Manor”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests