Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Postby TitanoGoji16 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:13 pm

GigaBowserG wrote:I think because the costume completely covers the Mii Gunner and the body proportions are just right, which makes it look like the real deal. Compare it to something like the Zero costume where not only are the body proportions a bit off, you can still see the Mii's face, completely breaking the illusion that it is Zero.

That's it exactly. It's not the same lame "wearing the character's head as a hat" Mii Fighter costume like the ones for Fox, K. Rool, Geno, etc., nor do you see the Mii's face like the costumes for Zero, Captain Falcon, etc. The Sans costume is a legit character model - This is how Sans would look if he were an actual character in Smash Bros. I've never played Undertale before and Sans wouldn't even be in my top twenty asked for guest fighters, but even I think that's pretty cool. This is how all Mii Fighter costumes should work.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

MM Raids Again
Futurian

Postby MM Raids Again » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:03 pm

I know this is a long shot, but I'd love to see Rampage get brought into the mix in the future. I doubt any of the three monsters would ever be playable, but a level where you're fighting on rooftops as George, Lizzie or Ralph destroys the building could be fun. I could also see one of them being used as a trophy. Maybe get unleashed, swing some huge fists/tails/kicks/bites before vanishing.
Did you miss me?

Destoroyah of Worlds
G-Grasper

Postby Destoroyah of Worlds » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:10 pm

Banjo Kazooie is great. I spent hours just playing matches with him and classic N64 characters. Young Link, Donkey Kong, Mario. He fits in so well.

Anyone know who Terry is?
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Fish Cakes
Interpol Agent

Postby Fish Cakes » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:32 am

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:Banjo Kazooie is great. I spent hours just playing matches with him and classic N64 characters. Young Link, Donkey Kong, Mario. He fits in so well.

Some guy who got P R A N K E D so hard his dick fell off:
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:05 am

The salt is very strong with Terry...

Spoiler:

Fans can be so ungrateful sometimes even after Sakurai poured his heart out to give them fan favorites like Banjo-Kazooie, Belmonts, King K. Rool and Ridley. Some of those that were brought back from obscurity or irrelevancy.

I swear fans can be so ungrateful...Its only fair Sakurai gets to pick some for himself like Terry and Joker. Clearly, people haven't read up on SNK and how King of Fighters was one of the key inspiration when it comes to Smash.

Like if it weren't for it. Smash as we know it probably wouldn't exist or at least the way it is now. There's more to Smash then fan favorites. At this point its about celebrating gaming and SNK/King of Fighters has a huge legacy to it.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:09 am, edited 3 times in total.

Shhh! The Octopus
Interpol Agent

Postby Shhh! The Octopus » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:12 am

Here's my top 8. Now I know this will never happen since these characters are so obscure but anyway.
8.Image
7.Image
6.Image
5.Image
4.Image
3.Image
2.Image
1.Image

Destoroyah of Worlds
G-Grasper

Postby Destoroyah of Worlds » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:36 am

Fish Cakes wrote:
Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:Banjo Kazooie is great. I spent hours just playing matches with him and classic N64 characters. Young Link, Donkey Kong, Mario. He fits in so well.

Some guy who got P R A N K E D so hard his dick fell off:

Would. 8-)
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Smuggers
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Smuggers » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:47 am

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:The salt is very strong with Terry...

Spoiler:

Fans can be so ungrateful sometimes even after Sakurai poured his heart out to give them fan favorites like Banjo-Kazooie, Belmonts, King K. Rool and Ridley. Some of those that were brought back from obscurity or irrelevancy.

I swear fans can be so ungrateful...Its only fair Sakurai gets to pick some for himself like Terry and Joker. Clearly, people haven't read up on SNK and how King of Fighters was one of the key inspiration when it comes to Smash.

Like if it weren't for it. Smash as we know it probably wouldn't exist or at least the way it is now. There's more to Smash then fan favorites. At this point its about celebrating gaming and SNK/King of Fighters has a huge legacy to it.

Fans will chimp out about anyone if it isn't who they had in mind, same thing happened back at E3 when Hero got revealed before Banjo.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.

goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby tyrantgoji » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:54 am

Smuggers wrote:Fans will chimp out about anyone if it isn't who they had in mind, same thing happened back at E3 when Hero got revealed before Banjo.

I don't remember anyone flipping out over Hero,when was this.

Fish Cakes
Interpol Agent

Postby Fish Cakes » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:47 pm

tyrantgoji wrote:I don't remember anyone flipping out over Hero,when was this.

The time during the E3 direct post-hero reveal pre-banjo reveal. Everyone was going "HURRRR ANOTHER ANIME SWORDY??? WTF SAKURAI???"

Also, off-topic but I wish Ganondorf didn't use the sword. He's supposed to be an evil wizard first, no? More spells! :c
Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:Would. 8-)

Would what?
Last edited by Fish Cakes on Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Postby TitanoGoji16 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:45 pm

Fish Cakes wrote:Some guy who got P R A N K E D so hard his dick fell off:

If we get male/female options for Robin and Corrin, it's only fair we get the same for Terry.

Or else.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Destoroyah of Worlds
G-Grasper

Postby Destoroyah of Worlds » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:32 pm

Fish Cakes wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:I don't remember anyone flipping out over Hero,when was this.

The time during the E3 direct post-hero reveal pre-banjo reveal. Everyone was going "HURRRR ANOTHER ANIME SWORDY??? WTF SAKURAI???"

Also, off-topic but I wish Ganondorf didn't use the sword. He's supposed to be an evil wizard first, no? More spells! :c

Would what?

Would smash of course ;)

Fish Cakes
Interpol Agent

Postby Fish Cakes » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:39 pm

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:
Fish Cakes wrote:

Would what?

Would smash of course ;)

Thank you. We all need a little nudge in the wrong direction sometimes. uwu

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby miguelnuva » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:43 pm

There are some fans mase Banjo got it. You can't please everyone when you make something. We're the biggest Godzilla fans in the world here arguably and we can't agree on which Godzilla movies are the best.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:35 am

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:The salt is very strong with Terry...

Spoiler:

Or as pointed out...it’s almost like Smash players do not care about actual fighting games :)
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

Fish Cakes
Interpol Agent

Postby Fish Cakes » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:35 am

^Or even smash for that matter. Some people don't even play the game for after unlocking all the characters and just hype over the roster. I know I did with the Wii U one. I still pick up the switch one often thankfully.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Postby GigaBowserG » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:44 am

Fish Cakes wrote:^Or even smash for that matter. Some people don't even play the game for after unlocking all the characters and just hype over the roster. I know I did with the Wii U one. I still pick up the switch one often thankfully.

Smash Wii U may be the weakest in the series. Smash Tour was seriously awful, and the revamped Classic Mode was not fun to play. Once all the achievements were unlocked and DLC was released, didn't bother going back to it. Smash 3DS, on the other hand, was extremely fun with Smash Run and the ability to play just about anywhere.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:20 pm

Smash Ultimate feels like an apology for Smash Wii U, like everything else that came out on the Switch. I remember playing a lot of the 3DS version, and then only playing Smash Wii U after a friend got it for me as a gift.

With smash Switch, I 100%ed the world of light, played tons of online, and with my friends when they come over. Every time there's a new dlc character I have fun playing witht hem for an hour or two.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

Fish Cakes
Interpol Agent

Postby Fish Cakes » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:48 pm

Piranha Plant's side special for home run contest btw. I got past 350 meters with that easy. Spamming Ridley's neutral special is also good.

Sucks that home run contest doesn't reward much of anything anymore though. At least a way to farm gold or something would've been nice.

Destoroyah of Worlds
G-Grasper

Postby Destoroyah of Worlds » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:58 pm

Fish Cakes wrote:Piranha Plant's side special for home run contest btw. I got past 350 meters with that easy. Spamming Ridley's neutral special is also good.

Sucks that home run contest doesn't reward much of anything anymore though. At least a way to farm gold or something would've been nice.

Home run contest is back? What?!

Is Break the Targets back? I loved that mode in Melee. Always thought Ultimate would be a good place for that mode with the stage editor.

Return to “Video Game Hub”