Blue Rodan in MG2

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Blue Rodan in MG2

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

https://www.tohokingdom.com/concept_art ... an_02.html

I can confirm a suit was made.

Some other stuff was discussed with this individual, that shared this with me. Past, present and future Godzilla stuff. He shared some other interesting stuff with me, including some GMK Varan stuff, and some unrelated GXMGshit, but the photos are probably illegal.

I didn’t want to bombard the person in question with questions, and it’s probably a bunch of basic bullshit to the people in charge, but I thought I’d share this with you all.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Blue Rodan in MG2

Post by Gigantis »

I'm honestly kinda upset they didn't keep it,but that may be bias speaking because blue is my favorite color :P

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Da ba de da ba die

In seriousness it’s pretty interesting that this progressed so far beyond mere concept art, would love to see the other contraband
Last edited by G2000 on Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Thanks for sharing! I wouldn't have minded seeing this, maybe as a powerup or something over Fire Rodan.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Komenja
Interpol Agent

Post by Komenja »

That's cool! Thanks for sharing.
would love to see the other contraband
Seconded. GXMGshit, you say? :shock:

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Komenja wrote:That's cool! Thanks for sharing.
would love to see the other contraband
Seconded. GXMGshit, you say? :shock:
Yeah it was a photo of what appears to be a sculpture of G54, in front of the prop of what was used as the skeleton in GXMG.
G2000 wrote:Da ba de da ba die

In seriousness it’s pretty interesting that this progressed so far beyond mere concept art, would love to see the other contraband
Most of the other stuff was just some photos of Shin’s suit from 16. That’s the type of stuff you get in trouble for on here.

Some other stuff included an interesting photo of the G2K suit and Mothra Leo, both in a city miniature, but I’m pretty sure it was just some promotional thing.

I’m meeting the dude next week over drinks, but he’s legit cool so I also don’t want to just steal info from him if that makes sense.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Sucks we can't see the GMK Varan stuff.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Komenja
Interpol Agent

Post by Komenja »

Yeah, that's fair. Don't share anything you think will get the dude (or yourself) in trouble. Appreciate you sharing what you already have, though!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

tyrantgoji wrote:Sucks we can't see the GMK Varan stuff.
It was just the model that TK has posted on the main site.

However, what was interesting was that the photo also had Baragon in it, as in a sculpture made in the same way as What ended up being the final Baragon. In other words, the angurius and Varan designs were “final” and now it’s clear they just chucked those out for the Ghidorah and mothra.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

So this is why you really moved to Japan, huh? To join some international crime ring smuggling blue Rodans and classified GXMGshit into America? Are you trying to give Trump more reason to wall us off?
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Most of the other stuff was just some photos of Shin’s suit from 16. That’s the type of stuff you get in trouble for on here.
I would have thought the mods would have gotten over that by now lol
That was definitely a mess back the number though
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

G2000 wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:Most of the other stuff was just some photos of Shin’s suit from 16. That’s the type of stuff you get in trouble for on here.
I believe they have. That whole set photo lockdown was just in affect during Shin’s run
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:However, what was interesting was that the photo also had Baragon in it, as in a sculpture made in the same way as What ended up being the final Baragon. In other words, the angurius and Varan designs were “final” and now it’s clear they just chucked those out for the Ghidorah and mothra.
Like so:

I'll have to check the Toho DVD booklet and the second bonus disc but I'm pretty sure all three of the original Yamato Guardians are pictured together as models in one or the other.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

That's pretty interesting! Glad to learn about more of these findings. A shame Blue Rodan got scrapped but it's nice to see what that form would've looked like in live-action.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Orichalcum wrote:
G2000 wrote:
I believe they have. That whole set photo lockdown was just in affect during Shin’s run
As far as I know, this is the case. I could be mistaken, though.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Terasawa wrote:I'll have to check the Toho DVD booklet and the second bonus disc but I'm pretty sure all three of the original Yamato Guardians are pictured together as models in one or the other.
This one?
https://www.tohokingdom.com/cutting_roo ... dels1.html

The 3 still appear together today at certain Toho-held events, too, which is really nice.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

Not sure about the Shin puppet, but I think those Rodan props and the Mothra Leo suspended over a city set can be found in Toho's studios.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I’d like to apologize to all of you, as I realized there’s a misunderstanding, in part to me misunderstanding what the dude was saying, and a sort of optical illusion.

I contacted my friend and asked him more about the Blue Rodan. I realized when he referred to “the original Rodan” in Japanese, he meant that that’s the headpiece of the first Rodan we see in the film. Due to the lighting, it looks as though it’s blue, and that the angle is at the side. I thought it was a photo from the side, but really we were just looking at a profile from the front. Now that I’m looking at it like that, I can’t unsee it. Sorry for misleading everyone, it wasn’t intentional.

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

LSD just trolled the entire board with infamous Blue balls Rodan lol
Last edited by Orichalcum on Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Orichalcum wrote:LSD just trolled the entire board with infamous Blue balls Rodan lol
BlueBallsRodan would be an amazing username.

Anyways, here’s some more pictures to prove at the very least I wasn completely full of shit:

We also drew this, he drew Godzilla and I drew Hedorah:

Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.