Marvel Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Which are your favorites (so far)?

Iron Man (2008)
9%
The Incredible Hulk (2008)
1%
Iron Man 2 (2010)
1%
Thor (2011)
1%
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
4%
The Avengers (2012)
8%
Iron Man 3 (2013)
2%
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
1%
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
9%
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
9%
The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
3%
Ant-Man (2015)
1%
Captain America: Civil War (2016)
6%
Doctor Strange (2016)
2%
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 (2017)
4%
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
4%
Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
7%
Black Panther (2018)
3%
Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
11%
Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
1%
Captain Marvel (2019)
1%
Avengers: Endgame (2019)
9%
Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
4%

Total votes: 398

SoggyNoodles2016

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

_JNavs_ wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:I wish DC had taken their time like Marvel did.
Plus the hack that Zack Snyder was which people thought was a good to have in charge.

To me Shazam! and its sequel along with Black Adam I'll treat as standalone films.
Do you have a thing against Zack Snyder??

Shazam was easily the weakest DCEU film next to SS, too comedic and kiddy and definitely not what the DCEU should thrive for.
OK, I can tolerate the usual "muh overly gritty and lifeless in the name "realism"" handjob most Synder defense is but that right there is a load of shit.

Shazam! is a fun and inspiring film that made me give a shit about characters in a superhero film in a LONG time, let alone one I have no prior connection with.

If anything, it's EXACTLY what the DCEU should be trying to achieve: characters that inspire people, not "messed up" assholes because I'm too cynical to actually consider the possibility that there's such a thing as good in the world.

RIP Evan.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

DC chat in the DC thread.
Marvel chat in the Marvel Thread.
C'mon, now.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Added in 50 seconds:
Maritonic wrote:DC chat in the DC thread.
Marvel chat in the Marvel Thread.
C'mon, now.
I didn't see this officer I swear

Moved to DC
Last edited by G2000 on Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

comment moved to DC.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Do you have a thing against Zack Snyder??

Shazam was easily the weakest DCEU film next to SS, too comedic and kiddy and definitely not what the DCEU should thrive for.
In your opinion.

Don't treat like its a fact though and let people have their opinions. What made it fun is it was light-hearted fun and throwback to the golden age comics with a 90's feel to it and basically Guardians of the Galaxy in terms of tone and humor and Doctor Strange with magic. I don't think it was meant to be taken seriously.

You say too comedic yet give Thor: Ragnarok a pass. To me this is what Thor: Ragnarok should had been in terms of humor at least it lets serious moments happen or emotional moments sink in without being interrupted by a joke. It also had a heart to it.

At least IMO. To me Shazam! is the best DCEU let alone DC movie to date and much look forward to its sequel and Black Adam.
My dude, take it to the DC thread.

Marvel in the Marvel Thread, guys. Thank you.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Maritonic wrote:My dude, take it to the DC thread.

Marvel in the Marvel Thread, guys. Thank you.
Sorry. Doing that now. Didn't see the posts.

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

If the Wolverine vs. The Hulk rumors are correct, I’m beyond excited, what a cool way to incorporate the character into the MCU.
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Orichalcum wrote:If the Wolverine vs. The Hulk rumors are correct, I’m beyond excited, what a cool way to incorporate the character into the MCU.
Wolverine first showed up in issue 181 of THE INCREDIBLE HULK to take on the Green Goliath. So it seems like an apropos flick introduce Weapon-X to the MCU.
Although I'd love to see it, I doubt we'd be getting this scene in the flick.
Also, if I was doing the publicity for the flick, the poster should be based on the Todd McFarlane drawn cover for issue 340 of INCREDIBLE HULK.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

While I love the idea of Wolverine vs. Hulk being a movie, how would one make Hulk go back to the big green rage monster that he was before Smart Hulk became a thing?

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

MM Raids Again wrote:While I love the idea of Wolverine vs. Hulk being a movie, how would one make Hulk go back to the big green rage monster that he was before Smart Hulk became a thing?
I was wondering this myself, the best I can come up with on a seconds notice is either prequel story or alternate versions since Endgame opened that realm of possibilities

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Also, while everyone is hyped up about X-Men and bummed about Spider-man, it seems a lot are forgetting about the Fantastic Four. So I just have to wonder, how would you cast the four, Silver Surfer and Doctor Doom...? I myself would LOVE to see Andrew Lincoln play Mr. Fantastic and Jeffrey Dean Morgan play Doctor Doom. Yes, I am basing this on their acts from The Walking Dead. They have such great chemistry together.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Smart Hulk is easy to break just like he was broken in the comics. Something happens to Bruce and he let's Hull takeover again.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

miguelnuva wrote:Smart Hulk is easy to break just like he was broken in the comics. Something happens to Bruce and he let's Hull takeover again.
But Black Widow's already dead
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

_JNavs_ wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:Smart Hulk is easy to break just like he was broken in the comics. Something happens to Bruce and he let's Hulk takeover again.
But Black Widow's already dead
Bruce loves Betty, I'm ingorning that Whedon side plot.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Jeremy Renner and Chris Evans were right about Black Widow
Last edited by G2000 on Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

Wow this is fucked :lol:
*Warning: FFH Spoilers sortof*

Reddit’s a crazy place, man…
Last edited by Orichalcum on Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:21 am, edited 3 times in total.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Fish Cakes wrote:
Ultraman02 wrote:Not saying he's wrong or right but I haven't seen Homecoming yet... What makes Homecoming better]
I don't get why people see a couple bad movies (SM3 and ASM2 from what I've heard) and assume Sony is somehow going to ruin the character especially after how skreeonking great Spider-verse was.
Sony is headed by Tom Rothman, who, as the head of Fox, droveout Byran Singer from X-Men 3, gave us Wolerine: Origins which, according to the rumors, he pestered the director to the point where he quit halfway and the movie was made without one from then one ordered Deapool's mouht to be stiched shut, greenlit the Tim Story F4 movies as well as Fant4stic. To be fair, that one turned out to be 'whole team effort' in how bad it was.

Not only that, but Avi Arad is a sterotypical old man who doesn't have his touch anymore.
Not to mention Spiderverse only turned out as great as it did because Sony handed it off to their smaller Animation studio and were too busy ruining the Emoji Movie to get actively involved. Tom Rothman and Avi Arad had nothing to do with it for that exact same reason. Any future live-action Spidey films won't be so lucky, they'll be on those like white on rice. Just like they were Spider-Man 3, TASM 1 and 2, Venom and both Ghost Rider movies and look how those turned out, lol.

Rothman also hired BRETT RATNER (!) of all people to direct The Last Stand, another one of his idiot moves at Fox.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Orichalcum wrote:Wow this is skreeonked :lol:
*Warning: FFH Spoilers sortof*

Reddit’s a crazy place, man…
This is amazing. :lol:
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

KManX89 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Fish Cakes wrote: I don't get why people see a couple bad movies (SM3 and ASM2 from what I've heard) and assume Sony is somehow going to ruin the character especially after how skreeonking great Spider-verse was.
Sony is headed by Tom Rothman, who, as the head of Fox, droveout Byran Singer from X-Men 3, gave us Wolerine: Origins which, according to the rumors, he pestered the director to the point where he quit halfway and the movie was made without one from then one ordered Deapool's mouht to be stiched shut, greenlit the Tim Story F4 movies as well as Fant4stic. To be fair, that one turned out to be 'whole team effort' in how bad it was.

Not only that, but Avi Arad is a sterotypical old man who doesn't have his touch anymore.
Not to mention Spiderverse only turned out as great as it did because Sony handed it off to their smaller Animation studio and were too busy ruining the Emoji Movie to get actively involved. Tom Rothman and Avi Arad had nothing to do with it for that exact same reason. Any future live-action Spidey films won't be so lucky, they'll be on those like white on rice. Just like they were Spider-Man 3, TASM 1 and 2, Venom and both Ghost Rider movies and look how those turned out, lol.

Rothman also hired BRETT RATNER (!) of all people to direct The Last Stand, another one of his idiot moves at Fox.
Avi Arad was actually a huge part of Spider-Verse. His background before Sony was in Spider-Man cartoons, which he excels at. He's very passionate in Spider-Man despite his fuck ups with Spider-Man 3 and the Garfield movies.

I'm very excited for Morbius, Venom 2, and Spiderman Homecoming 3.

In the leaked Sony emails, they had planned Spiderman 2099, The Last Hunt, and the Clone saga, which could be awesome if done right. Spiderman is going to be just fine. Maybe even better than he was at Marvel.
Last edited by Destoroyah of Worlds on Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

Maybe even better than he was at Marvel.
Spider-Man was banking billions with Marvel, I highly doubt that

Not saying Sony couldn't be successful with the IP, but what he made with the MCU is nothing to scoff at.
Last edited by Orichalcum on Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:12 am, edited 3 times in total.