Kaiju Fan Confessions

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Post by BlankAccount »

I like GFW Godzilla's biceps. Closest to a jacked Godzilla we've gotten.

ManuJM1997 wrote:Honestly, instead of a totally plant Godzilla for AniGoji, I would have made something some concept arts of Behemoth or Hathi from the 2018 Mowgli movie, with plants and all that growing in him

Hell, maybe go all the crazy and make it so Godzilla carried an entire ecosystem on him, the entirety of the first movie happening, without the characters knowing, happening directly on Godzilla.

Now, that would have needed for Godzilla to be monstruously big, breaking into kilometers tall, so maybe It would have been excessive
They could have just been walking on him at times cause he was partly underground sleeping. I mean that's sort of what happened with the 300 meter one.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I actually like the idea of Godzilla actually having coral and barnacles and stuff growing on him. Would make sense for something like MonsterVerse Godzilla where he's an ancient lifeform that hibernates on the ocean floor.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:I actually like the idea of Godzilla actually having coral and barnacles and stuff growing on him. Would make sense for something like MonsterVerse Godzilla where he's an ancient lifeform that hibernates on the ocean floor.
Agree, similar to the OG Gojira, where they found an ancient mollusk that lived in Godzilla's foot.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Many organisms have lived on Godzilla, but it's clear they suffer horrible side effects.

The Trilobite in 1954 was incredibly irradiated.

The Shockirus in 1984 were sea louses that fed off Godzilla's energy and DNA and mutated.

One of my favorite minor things in the IDW comics was the Strange Bird from Godzilla Legends 5.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
The Shockirus in 1984 were sea louses that fed off Godzilla's energy and DNA and mutated.

One of my favorite minor things in the IDW comics was the Strange Bird from Godzilla Legends 5.
The Dark Horse comics had a reference to the Shockirus, in "To Climb the Tallest Monster". Like, the creature on Godzilla definitely looked like it.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Heisei Gyaos, not including pretty much all the showa monsters, has the best monster roar. I sorta think post Heisei, maybe right after Biollante, everyone gave up on making unique monster roars.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Heisei Gyaos, not including pretty much all the showa monsters, has the best monster roar. I sorta think post Heisei, maybe right after Biollante, everyone gave up on making unique monster roars.
Gyaos growing to its final size and letting loose the classic Showa roar is one of the best scenes in the trilogy.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Terasawa wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:Heisei Gyaos, not including pretty much all the showa monsters, has the best monster roar. I sorta think post Heisei, maybe right after Biollante, everyone gave up on making unique monster roars.
Gyaos growing to its final size and letting loose the classic Showa roar is one of the best scenes in the trilogy.
And the scene with him eating the people just a moment before is one of the scariest :)

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

The reason I've never liked King Kong vs. Godzilla is because the Kong suit looks so atrocious, I cringe every time he's onscreen, and therefore I can't see the movie as anything other than parody. I know most people don't like the Kong suit, but it really bothers me to the point where I don't like watching the film.

I like that Mothra got more powerful in the Heisei series. I like that she went from a sacrificial underdog to a goddess with antenna lasers and wing lightning. We already have Anguirus and Baragon as good underdogs. I like that Mothra became someone who looks beautiful and fragile but is deceptively dangerous.

I think the space apes in Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla are lamer than the cockroaches in Godzilla vs. Gigan.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

HedorahIsBestGirl wrote:I think the space apes in Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla are lamer than the cockroaches in Godzilla vs. Gigan.
Because they are. That's just an objective fact you've stated.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

HedorahIsBestGirl wrote:The reason I've never liked King Kong vs. Godzilla is because the Kong suit looks so atrocious, I cringe every time he's onscreen, and therefore I can't see the movie as anything other than parody. I know most people don't like the Kong suit, but it really bothers me to the point where I don't like watching the film.
It doesn't look that bad when viewed overall. The closeups, however, can be as you describe. I can definately say if you don't like this suit, try to avoid KKE.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

edgaguirus wrote:
HedorahIsBestGirl wrote:The reason I've never liked King Kong vs. Godzilla is because the Kong suit looks so atrocious, I cringe every time he's onscreen, and therefore I can't see the movie as anything other than parody. I know most people don't like the Kong suit, but it really bothers me to the point where I don't like watching the film.
It doesn't look that bad when viewed overall. The closeups, however, can be as you describe. I can definately say if you don't like this suit, try to avoid KKE.
Yeah, as bad as the KKvG Kong suit is, it's fucking Peter Jackson's Kong compared to the KKE suit

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I honestly think the KKE suit looks better. At least he looks intimidating and his face doesn't look like a squished grape with wooden teeth and eyes glued on. :lol:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

I like the body shape
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Orichalcum wrote:I like the body shape
For me, it's Akane Shinjo.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

I consider Godzilla's roar in Battle For The Earth after Battra saves Mothra from the ferris wheel to be the absolute best roar in the franchise.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:I consider Godzilla's roar in Battle For The Earth after Battra saves Mothra from the ferris wheel to be the absolute best roar in the franchise.
Can I find this specific roar on Youtube? I must inspect it for myself.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

You it'd be cool to see King Kong with a ball and chain. Like some villain tried to restrain him but he broke free and now has this big ass metal ball as a weapon.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Living Corpse wrote:You it'd be cool to see King Kong with a ball and chain. Like some villain tried to restrain him but he broke free and now has this big ass metal ball as a weapon.
Wouldn't that basically be a rehash of the Propeller but it's blunt?

I myself would like to see him actually pick up and use the Empire State as an oversized spear or at least break off a part of it to use it like a weapon.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Breaking off a piece would be a lot more likely. It'd take a Kong at least the size of anime Godzilla to pick up the entire Empire State Building.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio