The Godzilla Cringe Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Yeah I haven't seen any elitism in a while, basically died when the boomers who used their inheritance money on bandai toys left the site for facebook.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Orichalcum wrote:
No hostility, but I'm just trying to keep up with the different things you are saying. You say every fandom has gatekeepers, then you say TK has no gatekeepers. See where my confusion lies?
I said there was no gatekeeping on TK currently, if I’m wrong, so be it, but I haven’t noticed it and it’s no where near as bad as it use to be.

You’re making this part into a bigger deal than needs to be.
Saying young people should be ignored because they haven't "matured" yet? Thats kind of cringey.
Yes, when misconstrued and taken out of context, yeah it does come off as cringey, but the point I was making was- flaming by calling someone a snob shouldn’t be taken seriously/to heart because it’s coming from a young hot headed fan who’s upset they’re not seeing eye to eye with someone, that’s what this whole conversation was even about in the first place but you’re choosing to misinterpret what I said and generalizing it as me saying their opinions on film should be dismissed, that’s not what I’m saying, I’m saying their personal opinions on who’s a snob and who isn’t should be dismissed.
You contradict yourself so much and edit everything 5 times its hard to keep up with your statements or "opinions".

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

I think you are now trying to backtrack on things you said
Not quite sure how since the conversation was never about the generalization of fans liking certain films, but fans flaming others, but whatever fits the narrative you’re trying to create, I suppose. You’d have a point if I just dropped my comment with no context but it’s painfully apparent I was referring to the comment above mine, which was about fans calling others snobs.
Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:Yeah I haven't seen any elitism in a while.
This. I know exactly which members you’re referring to and they’ve been gone for a long time now.

If you think eltitsm is going on stronger now than ever, than maybe it’s you who needs to grow a thicker skin and not I.
Last edited by Orichalcum on Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Orichalcum wrote: This. I know exactly which members you’re referring to and they’ve been gone for a long time now.
Which ones?
Orichalcum wrote: If you think eltitsm is going on stronger now than ever, than maybe it’s you who needs to grow a thicker skin and not I.
What does acknowledging elitism is on the rise have to do with thick skin? If anything you've demonstrated your thin skin by getting worked up by younger fans liking KOTM.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:Yeah I haven't seen any elitism in a while, basically died when the boomers who used their inheritance money on bandai toys left the site for facebook.
Hmmm.......didn't bite your tongue with that one did you?

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

Not sure what my comments here have to do with King Of The Monsters, but I’m starting to think this is getting out of hand and more ridiculous with every post

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

goji89 wrote: Hmmm.......didn't bite your tongue with that one did you?
No, thanks for looking out though. :angel:
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:
goji89 wrote: Hmmm.......didn't bite your tongue with that one did you?
No, thanks for looking out though. :angel:
Anything for you buddy... :huge:

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

I think it’s pretty cringe that people have let one film and one film alone divide the state of this forum so.

Damn you, Dougherty, was this your master plan all along?! When will the bloodshed and tears end?
Last edited by Orichalcum on Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Um, guys?

I'm still here, and I'm a total elitist snob. I even make myself cringe sometimes.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

eabaker wrote:Um, guys?

I'm still here, and I'm a total elitist snob. I even make myself cringe sometimes.
We know..... Papa Cringe.

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

goji89 likes cringey kino Godzilla vs. Biollante and fights all who doesn’t, let’s all laugh at his elitist kino ass.
Last edited by Orichalcum on Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Orichalcum wrote:goji89 likes cringey kino Godzilla vs. Biollante and fights all who doesn’t, let’s all laugh at his elitist kino ass.
Show me on the Godzilla plushie where the elitist touched you.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

People's tastes tend to shift when they get older, but having certain opinions isn't inherently childish. Can everyone agree on that?
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

"Can everyone agree on that?" lol
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Fish Cakes wrote:"Can everyone agree on that?" lol
I mean, for once Smuggers has a valid point.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

DirektorSplennic wrote:for once Smuggers has a valid point.
I've only been here for a bit, but everything the guy's said has been fair and reasonable. I was just poking fun at absolutes and a divided community, plip.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Fish Cakes wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:for once Smuggers has a valid point.
I've only been here for a bit, but everything the guy's said has been fair and reasonable. I was just poking fun at absolutes and a divided community, plip.
You know I meant my statement to be a joke too, but reading it I kinda sound like a dick.

I now feel shame.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Odd, I made a post saying I get tired of people acting like Godzilla and humans being main character is one or other and can't be both.

"There was a post here, it's gone now."

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Living Corpse wrote:Odd, I made a post saying I get tired of people acting like Godzilla and humans being main character is one or other and can't be both.

"There was a post here, it's gone now."
git rekt, gramps