The Merchandise Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Post by Noble Saber »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:What? John Wick don't come out till September 10th, two weeks after King of the Monsters.
Yeah I misread something on Bluray.com. Disregard!

MorgolKing
GPN Volunteer

Post by MorgolKing »

Can somebody respost the link to a webpage with all the merch info collected on one page? I can't find it.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Finally got around to picking up KOTM on 4K/Blu Ray, but as I said in the main KOTM thread, they ran out of Steelbooks within 240 miles of me (which never happens) :cry:.

I also picked up King Kong 2005 Ultimate Edition, War for the Planet of the Apes and Child's Play. Absolutely gorgeous covers.

War, KOTM and Kong 05' I already know are going to look absolutely stunning in crispy HD, while I already got the new rereleases of G14, Rampage and Kong:SI, I consider this the "beginning" of a legitimate Blu Ray collection. I can't wait to collect more, looking at all the films in Best Buy I felt like a kid in a candy shop lol!

Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

It appears that Playmates toys will be doing stuff for Godzilla vs Kong. Playmates of course most famous for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles toylines.

https://twitter.com/OMEGAGORMARU/status ... 60008?s=19
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:It appears that Playmates toys will be doing stuff for Godzilla vs Kong. Playmates of course most famous for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles toylines.

A Godzilla and Kong crossover should sell plenty of toys hopefully.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Can’t imagine more from JAKKS if Playmates has license, they cater to the same market. Hopefully they’re good, Playmates can do pretty good stuff but I was happy with JAKKS sculpting and would love a Kong companion from them. I fear Playmates Kong may look more like Lanard.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

So the main toy license went to Playmates? That's kind of odd, why not just keep it with Jakks?
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

As long as NECA and Tamashii Nations makes a 6 inch Monsterverse Kong, I'm good.

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

Keep in mind the tweet did say Jakks, Bandai, Neca, and Tamashii nations likely to follow. I could see playmates doing gimmick toys, Jakks makes the 3.5 and 12 inch size toys (maybe skipping the 6 inch scale), and the rest are self explanatory.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that. Fight me.

Anguirus and Godzilla being friends in the Showa series is cannon. Deal with it.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

I’ll gladly take a NECA Kong
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Yes, NECA Kong please!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

What about SHMA? Expensive poop but still, it'd be nice to see.
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

An SHMA of what? Whatever they do with fall into the MA category
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Orichalcum wrote:An SHMA of what? Whatever they do with fall into the MA category
Kong, his adult design to be more specific.

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:It appears that Playmates toys will be doing stuff for Godzilla vs Kong. Playmates of course most famous for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles toylines.

Oh no. They’re so lazy.
GO GO GOJI KUN

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

GoWhaleTours wrote:

Oh no. They’re so lazy.
I'd like to give the benefit of the doubt since they did do the Peter Jackson kong, but that was back in 2005 of course
your source of self destruction

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

master_of_monsters wrote:
GoWhaleTours wrote:

Oh no. They’re so lazy.
I'd like to give the benefit of the doubt since they did do the Peter Jackson kong, but that was back in 2005 of course
Their TMNT lines have declined to near McDonalds Happy Meal qualities. Selling non-articulated, half painted lumps of plastic for full price.

I’m sure a tent pole blockbuster film would be different but you never know with these guys.
GO GO GOJI KUN

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Due to legal rights, I doubt it would happen, but even if it was poor quality, I would kill for a bandai vinyl of the upcoming Kong. I realized I can't stand hard plastic toys for some reason.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

GuardianGhido wrote:
Orichalcum wrote:An SHMA of what? Whatever they do with fall into the MA category
Kong, his adult design to be more specific.
I don't this he will look any different now that he is an "adult".

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

I imagine Kong's changes will be similar to Godzilla, relatively simply, maybe beefier in muscle mass, some new scars, possibly some grey to his fur.