Monster Hunter General Thread 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: Monster Hunter General Thread 2.0

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Trailer hints at the Nargacuga or similar monster. Glad this is happening, a snow/ice themed land is pretty much the only Monster Hunter staple World was missing.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

:thumbsup:
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

New trailer for Monster Hunter World!!! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4AoVUamhxo

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

I’m so hyped for this! Hopefully they all more monsters to other locations other than the Ancient Forrest.Also,
Spoiler:
Welp, Tigrex is coming. Might as well be a safe bet to assume Barioth won’t be far behind.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Spring Developer Update Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCJHFY85-Kc

Weapon move sets will be expanded. Now you can use slinger ammo while you're weapon is drawn and grapple onto a monster at any time. While attached to the head you can unload all your slinger ammo in one shot in order to guide monsters into walls or traps. That should come quite in handy.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Fri May 10, 2019 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

ShinSludge71
Samurai

Post by ShinSludge71 »

Spoiler:
Ok.. looks like Tigrex is still a pain in the arse (while it's annoying, I like the challenge.) Not only that, but watch till the end of the video. I really wanna see what they did with him. Remember peeps, 3 more months till Iceborne comes out!

Glavenus is back, and I'm honestly as pumped for his appearance just as much as Tigrex.
Last edited by ShinSludge71 on Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
ILL GREEN wrote:There's money to be made with a Hedorah bong.

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Spoiler:
I hope this means the rest of the fated four has a chance of joining down the row.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

I totally forgot this was coming out soon. Just a couple weeks! And when I'm on vacation too!
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Ultraman02
GPN Volunteer

Post by Ultraman02 »

Should I play this game?
My friends recommended I get this or Witcher 3.
I've only got money for one though...
In a super jet he comes
From a billion miles AWAY!
From a DISTANT PLANET LAND!
COMES OUR HERO,
U L T R A M A N !

" シュワッチ!"

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Yes my boy Zinogre! Been wanting to fight one.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

And Capcom has just confirmed the first monster to be added post Iceborne’s release as free update (like Deviljho was in World).

May god have mercy upon us all.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

I'm all up to date. Trying to get a hang of the new grappling hook mechanic.

Added in 1 minute 52 seconds:
Ultraman02 wrote:Should I play this game?
My friends recommended I get this or Witcher 3.
I've only got money for one though...
Depends. It's very grind heavy. Its basically hunt monsters to build new equipment to battle stronger monsters. Personally I adore the series. Been playing since Freedom 2 on the PSP.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

Iceborne is awesome. The balance adjustments and new weapon moves gives you can incentive to try out everything all over again, figuring out the best times to use the clutch claw adds another layer of strategy to hunts, the monster roster has almost doubled in size so there's way more variety, the new base feels so much better than Astera, monsters have more HP so they aren't shredded in <5 minutes, Master Rank armor sets give you more room to play around with your skills, there's an actual endgame now and the numerous qol changes make it a smoother experience overall. I thought World was amazing but this really helped it reach its true potential. If I had criticisms it'd be that we still don't have unique models for every weapon and that there's still one or two more monsters that I'd like to see, but that's pretty much it.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Been having a great time with Iceborne so far. The clutch claw is really fun to use and most the additional monsters are fun to take on. Granted I haven’t made it too far yet. Just about to take on Brachydios.

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

A question for any fans of this series. Has the Kraken (giant octopus/squid monster) ever appeared as one of the monsters to hunt?

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

Shhh! The Octopus wrote:A question for any fans of this series. Has the Kraken (giant octopus/squid monster) ever appeared as one of the monsters to hunt?
The Yama Tsukami and Nakarkos are in the series for giant cephalopod fans. Both are very interesting monsters in the series.

Last edited by Dracosaurian on Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

That first monster is pretty cool.

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

Shhh! The Octopus wrote:That first monster is pretty cool.
Here's some gameplay of them.

Oh and of Yama Tsukami's close relative the Yama Kurai.

Last but not least, Nakarkos.