MonsterVerse: Beyond 2020

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Re: MonsterVerse: Beyond 2020

Post by Orichalcum »

I can’t wait for Toho to yank the Godzilla rights from WB and give them to Disney for a Son Of Godzilla remake.
Last edited by Orichalcum on Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Orichalcum wrote:I can’t wait for Toho to yank the Godzilla rights from WB and give them to Disney for a Son Of Godzilla remake.
they'll make minilla gay

_JNavs_ wrote: How would you guys feel if a Godzilla Kaiju was the main antagonist in a Kong sequel?
I'd love to see him take on Gigan. Maybe he'd rip out one of his claws/blades and stick it into his buzzsaw, jamming it or causing it to tear Gigan apart from the inside??
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Why not have the Gryphon be a future antagonist? Tristar doesn't own it (i assume) so Legendary could use it however they please.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

Why would they want to?

Ultraman02
GPN Volunteer

Post by Ultraman02 »

Orichalcum wrote:I can’t wait for Toho to yank the Godzilla rights from WB and give them to Disney for a Son Of Godzilla remake.
I think it's more likely for Legendary to give up the rights to Toho but whatevs.
In a super jet he comes
From a billion miles AWAY!
From a DISTANT PLANET LAND!
COMES OUR HERO,
U L T R A M A N !

" シュワッチ!"

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Orichalcum wrote:Why would they want to?
Why not? Fans are still dissapointed the 94 film never came to pass and Legendary loves giving out fan service so...

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

The Gryphon is a lame generic frankenstien-esque monster. It's not a particularly great design.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

I really like it. Its intimidating.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

I’m not a fan, the maquette looks decent I suppose but the way it looks in concept art and the graphic novel just looks like puke.

I’d rather see Bagan

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

GuardianGhido wrote:
they'll make minilla gay
You mean he wasn't? Everything I know has been a lie.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I would love this

____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

_JNavs_ wrote: Image
Holy skreeonking poop, is that the '94 design?! I mean, I heard that it was good and faithful but holy poop I did not expect anything this awesome!
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GuardianGhido wrote:
Holy skreeonking poop, is that the '94 design?! I mean, I heard that it was good and faithful but holy poop I did not expect anything this awesome!
you never saw it before?

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

tyrantgoji wrote:
GuardianGhido wrote:
you never saw it before?
Nope, first time seeing it, and wow it looks great! Makes me hate G98 even more if that's possible because how dare they prevent something like this from coming to fruition!

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

You could create a new monster, call it "Ghryphdorah" and no one could tell the difference.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Or maybe shrink it down to 10 feet and make it the new extremely aggressive Dorat made from Ghidorah's DNA spliced into bats? It would be a good minor threat for a Monarch TV show.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

tyrantgoji wrote:Why not have the Gryphon be a future antagonist? Tristar doesn't own it (i assume) so Legendary could use it however they please.
The Gryphon is cool in my opinion, but I'd rather Legendary pick at their own imaginative heads and create their own design if that were the case.
Long Live The King

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

KingKaiju wrote:You could create a new monster, call it "Ghryphdorah" and no one could tell the difference.
I actually had a concept where Ghidorah landed as the Gryphon, became Monster X, and then Ghidorah
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

kaijuguy19
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaijuguy19 »

I can definitely see the Gryphon being a possibly villain Titan showing up in the Monster Verse should it actually continue past GvK. If not as an alien life form that absorbs other life form like in the original G94 story then at least an ancient titan that was revered as one of the mythical gods/monsters.
Why am I always chasing rainbows?

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Mentioned this idea a while back on another thread but given King Ghidorah is a species would it be out of the question of another possibility appearing?

I'm not talking about Desghidorah by the way who could work as a Ghidorah species related to the one we know like how crocodiles and alligators are but rather one possibility more powerful and equivalent to Grand King Ghidorah.