MonsterVerse: Beyond 2020

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Re: MonsterVerse: Beyond 2020

Post by Orichalcum »

Smuggers wrote:The average moviegoer didn't hate KOTM.
Spoiler:
They were too busy watching Aladdin. ;)
Ouch :lol:
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Orichalcum wrote:There’s also this weird narrative around here that I somehow hated the film when I’ve stated numerous times that I’m in the mixed boat and have called out people for nitpicking minor things that really don’t ruin the film in any way.

Sure,it seems like I’m harping on the movie more than othersbut it’s always in response to the same hand full of memebers acting like the movie had overwhelmingly positive reviews and the problems are made up by hard-to-please fans.
Yeah that's kinda the issue,you harp on it to much and it makes it seem like you outright hate the film. Maybe town it down a bit? Some here would appreciate that.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

tyrantgoji wrote:
Yeah that's kinda the issue,you harp on it to much and it makes it seem like you outright hate the film. Maybe town it down a bit? Some here would appreciate that.
Yeah? Well I’d appreciate if that hand full of people here stopped living in denial but we don’t always get what we want now do we?
People have just as much right to praise as they do bash and I think you should appreciate that :)

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Orichalcum wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:
Yeah? Well I’d appreciate if that hand full of people here stopped living in denial but we don’t always get what we want now do we?
People have just as much right to praise as they do bash and I think you should appreciate that :)
I do, i respect all opinions...but it's like the endless hate on 98 and the anime trilogy,it gets kinda annoying after a while y'know?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

It goes both ways, it gets annoying seeing people act like no one had problems with the movie except for a handful of nerds on TK and that the flaws are made up in some people’s heads because they’re spoiled.

Two sided coin my friend, two sided coin

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Orichalcum wrote:There’s also this weird narrative around here that I somehow hated the film when I’ve stated numerous times that I’m in the mixed boat and have called out people for nitpicking minor things that really don’t ruin the film in any way.

Sure, it seems like I’m harping on the movie more than others but it’s always in response to the same hand full of memebers acting like the movie had overwhelmingly positive reviews and the problems are made up by hard-to-please fans.
You harp on the film way more than you say positive things. This is your right but don't say it "seems" like you are harping more. Because you are. So you can't really play the victim when you were posting 30 posts a day and made your opinions quite known.

Not trying to put you on the spot but lets be real here ;)
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:I'm glad everybody here accepts anecdotes as the word of god (zilla!), because everybody I know damn well hated it. :)
Which is kinda funny, because out of most of the people who hated the movie before it even came out, I remember your reactions being the least negative out of the bunch. I don't know if I'm remembering wrong, but I think you even said it had some good parts.

Also a little off topic, but is Orichalcon secretly Stump Feet? Your style of posting and mixed stance on the movie that contrasts with the stuff you say about it seems quite familiar.

Happy to see that some people are acknowledging that performance aside G98 is still worse than KOTM
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GuardianGhido wrote:
Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:I'm glad everybody here accepts anecdotes as the word of god (zilla!), because everybody I know damn well hated it. :)
Which is kinda funny, because out of most of the people who hated the movie before it even came out, I remember your reactions being the least negative out of the bunch. I don't know if I'm remembering wrong, but I think you even said it had some good parts.

Also a little off topic, but is Orichalcon secretly Stump Feet? Your style of posting and mixed stance on the movie that contrasts with the stuff you say about it seems quite familiar.

Happy to see that some people are acknowledging that performance aside G98 is still worse than KOTM
Yes,he's actually Stump. He forgot he email and password and had to make a new account. :lol:

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Orichalcum wrote:It goes both ways, it gets annoying seeing people act like no one had problems with the movie except for a handful of nerds on TK and that the flaws are made up in some people’s heads because they’re spoiled.

Two sided coin my friend, two sided coin
As far as I can tell its one person here that says no one had problems with the film. Who are these "people"?
SpaceG92 wrote:

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

Godzilla21 wrote: You harp on the film way more than you say positive things.
I mean, you have just as many people repeating the positives on an almost daily basis because they don’t have anything better to say.

I could be coming into threads just to talk negatives non stop but I don’t, I respond to posts claiming that negativity doesn’t exists anywhere but here like in this certain instance, that seems totally fair to me.

Added in 2 minutes 6 seconds:
Godzilla21 wrote: As far as I can tell its one person here that says no one had problems with the film. Who are these "people"?
Is this a trap :lol: I really don’t feel comfortable calling out memebers in this thread because I don’t want them running in here “REEEEing” on me but I’ll happily PM you.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

tyrantgoji wrote:
GuardianGhido wrote:

Yes,he's actually Stump. He forgot he email and password and had to make a new account. :lol:
Figured this lmao.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

GuardianGhido wrote:Also a little off topic, but is Orichalcon secretly Stump Feet?
What do you mean secretly? It’s literally in my signature, I’m not trying to hide anything.
Last edited by Orichalcum on Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Orichalcum wrote:
GuardianGhido wrote:Also a little off topic, but is Orichalcon secretly Stump Feet?
What do you mean secretly? It’s literally in my signature, I’m not trying to hide anything.
Oof, brain fart. Ignore that.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Orichalcum wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote: You harp on the film way more than you say positive things.
I mean, you have just as many people repeating the positives on an almost daily basis because they don’t have anything better to say.

I could be coming into threads just to talk negatives non stop but I don’t, I respond to posts claiming that negativity doesn’t exists anywhere but here like in this certain instance, that seems totally fair to me.

The point of my post was you said it may "seem" like you harp on the film more, when the reality is that you do. You can't play the victim when the reality is almost all your posts are negative. Its fine you didn't like the film. But I find it weird you call out jnavs for his positivity yet some people are literally negative on every single post in here and you never call them out. Kind of funny how that works.
SpaceG92 wrote:

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

There’s nothing wrong with positivity at all, the problem I have is this imaginary narrative some people live in where if you didn’t love the movie, you’re wrong and in the minority
But I find it weird you call out jnavs for his positivity yet some people are literally negative on every single post in here and you never call them out. Kind of funny how that works.
Not really? Who here is negative? Mr. Goji? Dude’s funnin’ with you all and some people choose to get overly upset over it. I chuckle, I sometimes agree, and I move on.
Last edited by Orichalcum on Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Alright. This is starting to verge on flaiming (and trolling). So, how about we get back to the thread topic and take all other conversations to PMs?

Thank you.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Orichalcum wrote:There’s nothing wrong with positivity at all, the problem I have is this imaginary narrative some people live in where if you didn’t love the movie, you’re wrong and in the minority
You've kind of changed your story here. Our original point was that you said that "people" say that "no one" had problems with the film. I said to you that besides jnavs no one has said that (that Ive seen). That seems to be an over generalization.
Orichalcum wrote: Not really? Who here is negative? Mr. Goji? Dude’s funnin’ with you all and some people choose to get overly upset over it. I chuckle, I sometimes agree, and I move on.
Based on what I've seen no one has got mad about Watchy's shtick for quite a while. Hes admitted hes a troll so its easy to dimiss him.

Back to my original point is I just think you need to take a step back and see what your posts look like. You pulled the victim card when you arent a victim. Plain and simple. If I were you I'd just block jnavs since it seems all your issues lie with him
SpaceG92 wrote:

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

Really? I thought I made it quite clear about all the offenders in our PM, JNavs just so happens to be the only one still going at it like we both agreed and the only person I’ve responded to.

And I wasn’t referring to Mr. Goji, I was asking you who you meant when you proclaimed that I don’t call anyone out for being negative and assumed you were referring to him. :shrug:

We could have kept this in the PM’s like we were doing, not sure why you felt the need to call me out again publicly after Mari asked us to stop.
Last edited by Orichalcum on Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Topic. Or warnings. Thank you.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

So hopping back on topic like Mari said, while I thoroughly enjoyed KOTM like many others, I absolutely cannot wait for GvK to blow the socks off of everyone. Whatever happens in 2020, we'll have an iconic fight for the ages and it will be a staple in the franchise for decades to come.

Hopefully we get a G3 and a K2 out of it!

How would you guys feel if a Godzilla Kaiju was the main antagonist in a Kong sequel?
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira