The Official Star Wars Saga Thread

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Which are your favorite installments in the Star Wars Saga?

Star Wars (1977, dir. George Lucas)
22%
The Empire Strikes Back (1980, dir. Irvin Kershner)
24%
Return of the Jedi (1983, dir. Richard Marquand)
20%
The Phantom Menace (1999, dir. Lucas)
2%
Attack of the Clones (2002, dir. Lucas)
2%
Revenge of the Sith (2005, dir. Lucas)
14%
The Force Awakens (2015, dir. J.J. Abrams)
2%
Rogue One (2016, dir. Gareth Edwards)
7%
The Last Jedi (2017, dir. Rian Johnson)
3%
Solo (2018, dir. Ron Howard)
1%
The Rise of Skywalker (2019, dir. J.J. Abrams)
2%

Total votes: 244

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: The Official Star Wars Saga Thread

Post by miguelnuva »

Between the Mando and Obi-Wan looks like Disney is trying to make amends with Star Wars.

P.S. This is not an attack on people that enjoyed TLJ.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I still find the Obi-Wan series a baffler. Like, sure he was great and I would enjoy seeing more of that performance, but assuming that it said after Revenge of the Sith, for me, anything of import that Obi-Wan is doing is also him being negligent with the future of the Galaxy that he is charged with safekeeping and keeping a low profile so he doesn't draw any attention to.

I mean, obviously we'll have to wait and see what kind of story they come up with and what time period/setting... but my first instinct would just be to find it a conceptual no-go at the green light stage.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Zarm wrote:I still find the Obi-Wan series a baffler. Like, sure he was great and I would enjoy seeing more of that performance, but assuming that it said after Revenge of the Sith, for me, anything of import that Obi-Wan is doing is also him being negligent with the future of the Galaxy that he is charged with safekeeping and keeping a low profile so he doesn't draw any attention to.

I mean, obviously we'll have to wait and see what kind of story they come up with and what time period/setting... but my first instinct would just be to find it a conceptual no-go at the green light stage.
Thing about the Obi-Wan series is that even in legends there was a Book series that released right after ROTS that has him leaving the planet and GL was actually watching the EU during that period so him leaving Tatooine from time to time is not some foreign concept. The more controversial choice that I want them to do is an encounter with Vader.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

gottatalktothefake wrote:So uhhh, the poster for episode 9 is out and ummmmmmmm
Spoiler:
the madmen are actually doing it, they’re bringing back palps
Yea, we already knew that though from the Teaser. The only reason I am remotely interested in this is because of Emperor Palpatine. Although the poster is weak because he reminds me of the Cartoon version of the Clone Wars lol

The Spoiler of this convo is what the new footage showed which if you want to know is (remember this is potential spoiler)
Spoiler:
Rey with a double bladed Red Light Saber, either Palpatine transferred his essence into her or its a force vision I doubt they'd reveal her becoming a Sith or Dark Side user

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Zarm wrote:I still find the Obi-Wan series a baffler. Like, sure he was great and I would enjoy seeing more of that performance, but assuming that it said after Revenge of the Sith, for me, anything of import that Obi-Wan is doing is also him being negligent with the future of the Galaxy that he is charged with safekeeping and keeping a low profile so he doesn't draw any attention to.

He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

I think an Obi-Wan show fighting the Scum and Villainy of Tatooine like Jabba's gangsters and various Bounty Hunters could be pretty good.

I heard that it will flesh out Owen and Beru Lars quite a bit as characters.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Does Tatooine have any Scum or Villainy that are remotely in young Obi-Wan's league, though? This guy casually took whole armies head-on and killed people like Darth Maul or Grievous. Jabba's goons got smoked by a barely trained Luke, and they're the ones running the planet.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Trailer time:

#BotM

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Godzilla165 wrote:Trailer time: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3n1T3HxHd7Y
I liked it (kinda), but I already know how the sequels go. Dark Rey? Not gonna happen because Disney doesn't have the cahonies. Palpatine back at full power? Not gonna happen so why bring him back just to half assedly kill him. There were no shots that made me go "Holy moly" at the cinematography, I mean there's an argument to be made for the water fight but meh, overall it felt like a bunch of been there, done that scenarios. Each piece of a trilogy should feel different in themes, while every one of these films specifically focus on one central idea, "Get rid of the Old"

However, what if Disney killed off Legends canon and game canon (specifically Force Unleashed) so they could introduce cloned Jedi themselves? I mean it's not like Daisy Ridley can actually carry more than one character since she's barely good at being Rey, but an emotionless clone makes sense in context.
Last edited by GodzillavsJason on Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Dark Side Rey is either a force vision or Palpatine transferred his essence into her and possessed her. Although speculation has begun she is either a twin or a clone that Palpatine had worked on to create the perfect apprentice. This would explain when she saw herself in all the mirrors in ''The Last Jedi'' when asking who her parents were.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

This just reminds me of how many people shit on the EU for bringing back Palpatine and now the Main canon is doing so and a lot of people are saying it's great.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

JAGzilla wrote:Does Tatooine have any Scum or Villainy that are remotely in young Obi-Wan's league, though? This guy casually took whole armies head-on and killed people like Darth Maul or Grievous. Jabba's goons got smoked by a barely trained Luke, and they're the ones running the planet.
Are you talking ROTJ Luke? Because it is cannon that ROTJ Luke >Darth Vader>ROTS Anakin=ROTS Obi Wan.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

gottatalktothefake wrote:This just reminds me of how many people shit on the EU for bringing back Palpatine and now the Main canon is doing so and a lot of people are saying it's great.
Are they? There's plenty of people shitting on this film already saying it Abrams back to rehashing tired ideas.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

darthzilla99 wrote:Are you talking ROTJ Luke? Because it is cannon that ROTJ Luke >Darth Vader>ROTS Anakin=ROTS Obi Wan.
It's not canon lol, ROTJ Luke is definitely not stronger than ROTS Anakin and Obi-Wan.

Vader is not stronger than ROTS Anakin, which IS confirmed by Palpatine. Physically, maybe, he's a cyborg. But Anakin is much stronger with the force and with his lightsaber combat.

And there's a strong argument to be had as to whether ROTJ Luke is stronger than Vader.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

gottatalktothefake wrote:This just reminds me of how many people shit on the EU for bringing back Palpatine and now the Main canon is doing so and a lot of people are saying it's great.
To be fair, coming back via some Force ghost wizardry (speculating) is infinitely more satisfying than “lol i cloned myself 1000 times”
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

UltramanGoji wrote:
gottatalktothefake wrote:This just reminds me of how many people poop on the EU for bringing back Palpatine and now the Main canon is doing so and a lot of people are saying it's great.
To be fair, coming back via some Force ghost wizardry (speculating) is infinitely more satisfying than “lol i cloned myself 1000 times”
^This

Like, I still don't like Palpatine coming back (takes away a lot of Anakin's sacrifice) but this was a canon thing a lot of Sith Lords like Marka Ragnos or Exar Kun.

Instead of Palpatine having so many clones he could fight the Clone Wars with them alone
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

gottatalktothefake wrote:This just reminds me of how many people poop on the EU for bringing back Palpatine and now the Main canon is doing so and a lot of people are saying it's great.
It was one of those many things that the EU was hated for. Like killing off a main character when it went dark and grim. And turning a Solo kid to the dark side. And giving Han and Leia an overall miserable future. And having yet another Death Star or other super weapon repeatedly be part of a plot. And having everything that the rebels fought for in the form of the new Republic eventually fail. And bringing back Palpatine.

...A lot of appologies are owed to EU fans, is all I'm saying. ;)

Added in 5 minutes 45 seconds:
_JNavs_ wrote:
darthzilla99 wrote:Are you talking ROTJ Luke? Because it is cannon that ROTJ Luke >Darth Vader>ROTS Anakin=ROTS Obi Wan.
It's not canon lol, ROTJ Luke is definitely not stronger than ROTS Anakin and Obi-Wan.

Vader is not stronger than ROTS Anakin, which IS confirmed by Palpatine. Physically, maybe, he's a cyborg. But Anakin is much stronger with the force and with his lightsaber combat.

And there's a strong argument to be had as to whether ROTJ Luke is stronger than Vader.
I would strongly disagree with this. I consider Luke to be much stronger. Sure, he's not showing off with the flashy acrobatic form of lightsaber combat, because he was not taught that. But his raw skill seems to exceed Anakin's by a wide margin. He evidences far more use of Force powers than film Anakin ever did.

When you consider the level that Lukee's at with a few months, at best, of Jedi training and a couple years of self practice, compared to everything that Anakin was accomplishing with a decade of practice and Jedi training, I would say that Luke's natural ability far exceed Anakin's even if for the fact of how close to Anakin's abilities (or even exceeding them in some areas) he gets without nearly the same amount of formal training or practice.

Rey certainly takes the cake with taking that 'raw skill compensating for lack of training' to a ridiculous extreme, but Luke's the one that establish that principle, and I think it easily establishes him as stronger than Anakin.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Or the Force is something one relates to in a more philosophical way, "power levels" don't enter into it, and we're talking about what characters' relationships with the Force are like while in very different mental and emotional spaces.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

I can't wait for Disney wars to rehash the EU by having Chewbacca get killed by a moon again :roll: What's next? The Rise Of Skywalker is referring to Luuke? Ugh, bring back Lucas!
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

eabaker wrote:Or the Force is something one relates to in a more philosophical way, "power levels" don't enter into it, and we're talking about what characters' relationships with the Force are like while in very different mental and emotional spaces.
No, everything has to be DBZ.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.