Marvel Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Which are your favorites (so far)?

Iron Man (2008)
9%
The Incredible Hulk (2008)
1%
Iron Man 2 (2010)
1%
Thor (2011)
1%
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
4%
The Avengers (2012)
8%
Iron Man 3 (2013)
1%
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
1%
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
9%
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
9%
The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
2%
Ant-Man (2015)
1%
Captain America: Civil War (2016)
6%
Doctor Strange (2016)
2%
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 (2017)
4%
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
3%
Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
7%
Black Panther (2018)
2%
Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
11%
Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
1%
Captain Marvel (2019)
1%
Avengers: Endgame (2019)
9%
Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
4%

Total votes: 403

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post by KManX89 »

eabaker wrote:
gvamp wrote:Tom Holland and Disney gave us the most comic accurate Peter Parker to date and I don't see Sony sticking to that especially since they basically can't reference the Disney owned Marvel stuff.
But we'll still be getting Tom Holland in the role, still directed by John Watts, and I don't know that there's any reason that they wouldn't bring back screenwriters Chris McKenna and Erik Sommers. I don't think the fact that they can't use the word "Avengers" (assuming that the two companies even really have completely and definitively parted ways as the Deadline report suggested) will do all that much damage.
Well, that and the fact that they (supposedly) won't have Marvel to look over their shoulder, anymore.

Because it worked so well for Spider-Man 3, Ghost Rider, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, and both (Un)Amazing Spider-Man movies, right? :lol:

Not to mention every attempt of Sony's to start a franchise has ended in failure. Resident Evil, jumanji, Ghostbusters, Men in Black, etc. They've also produced so many garbage films like the Emoji movie, Pixels, The 5th Wave, the Dark Tower, the RoboCop and Total Recall remakes, Sex Tape, Jack and Jill, Grown Ups 1 and 2, also complete failures both critically and commercially. Yeah they have the occasional sleeper like Superbad and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (which Tarantino wrote, produced and directed with full creative control and Sony only distributed and signed the checks, so I'm not even sure this counts), but that's not exactly a boastful list right there.

And people wonder why others are petrified of them taking Spider-Man without Papa Marvel overseeing them. They're bound to fuck it up eventually (it might not take them long judging by their track record, lol), that's just how they roll. They make terrible decisions on their films.
Last edited by KManX89 on Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Ugh. Now it's being suggested that Watts might not return. That actually does have me worried.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I say this without having seen Far From Home yet, so maybe it deals with all fallout from Avengers perfectly and really writes Spider-man out of the MCU effectively, or something, but...

People are talking about two Spider-man movies where they can't reference any of the MCU-original characters (including Tony Stark, Happy, Nick Fury); and I'd presume the fairly-definitive events of IW/Endgame in Peter's life... and an MCU which suddenly can't reference Spider-man, where he drops off the map.

That... doesn't really seem like it will work for either entity, and really just confuse the GA. So even if the stories are good, the break in lore on both sides feels like it will be messy, limiting, confusing, and detrimental to the ongoing story and character arc of Peter as a person, and Spider-man vis-a-vis the role and prominence he plays in the world.
Last edited by Zarm on Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Sony should have left Peter in the mcu and brought Ben Riley to the Venomverse as Scarlet Spider.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

miguelnuva wrote:Sony should have left Peter in the mcu and brought Ben Riley to the Venomverse as Scarlet Spider.
Ohhh,that could have been fun! They could have used Kane Parker too.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Because it worked so well for both (Un)Amazing Spider-Man movies, right? :lol:
The first TASM film was never considered bad though? During its run, it was considered different, darker and edgier but still a solid film. While the second was considered closer to Spider-Man 3 than Spider-Man 1, with too many characters hindering the overall structure of the film, there's definitely an argument to be had about whether it did what it needed to do.

TASM cost: $200 million
TASM box office: $757.9 million
RT: 72%

TASM2 cost: $200 million
TASM box office: $709 million
RT: 53%
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

TASM movies were absolute trash, no need to debate that :P

Anyway, found a video about the future of Spider-Man, seems mighty interesting

*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Stump Feet wrote:TASM movies were absolute trash, no need to debate that :P

Anyway, found a video about the future of Spider-Man, seems mighty interesting

[youube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hluidVc6I[/youtube]
Spiderman holds a lot more power than F4 and X-Men, Disney can't bully Sony the way they did with Fox.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Cool fan made trailer for the MCU BLADE.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

possible plans for a Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends movie

Boy doesn’t that sound familiar
Stump Feet wrote:Give me a live action adaptation of Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends, dammit!
Last edited by Stump Feet on Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Well, guys, it looks like the Spidey deal between Sony and Marvel may have been renewed after all.

It's said to include up to 7 more films, including 2 additional Avengers appearances with X-Men and Fantastic Four characters.

My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Ahh, modern entertainment news. Gotta love how they take one tiny bit of information and manage to turn it into sixty paragraphs of wild speculation without any actual evidence.

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

God I really hope that is true
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

She Hulk and Moon Knight confirmed for the MCU. D23 announcements are slowly seeping in. Today was the Marvel TV panel, the movies panel isn't till tomorrow.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Now that there's a rift between Sony and Disney over Spiderman, how likely is it that Marvel will downplay and/or disown the brand like how they did with X-Men in recent years?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

LegendZilla wrote:Now that there's a rift between Sony and Disney over Spiderman, how likely is it that Marvel will downplay and/or disown the brand like how they did with X-Men in recent years?
I doubt it, they've been using Spider-Man as the front cover for a millennia.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Wyatt Russel has been cast as John Walker, a.k.a. the U.S. Agent for the upcoming THE FALCON & THE WINTER SOLDIER Disney + streaming series.
https://www.newsarama.com/46669-u-s-age ... ldier.html
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

_JNavs_ wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:Now that there's a rift between Sony and Disney over Spiderman, how likely is it that Marvel will downplay and/or disown the brand like how they did with X-Men in recent years?
They will definitely feel conflicted over using Spiderman and struggle hard not to let their pride get wounded.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:She Hulk and Moon Knight confirmed for the MCU. D23 announcements are slowly seeping in. Today was the Marvel TV panel, the movies panel isn't till tomorrow.
also, a Miss Marvel was confirmed

RIP Evan.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

LegendZilla wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
They will definitely feel conflicted over using Spiderman and struggle hard not to let their pride get wounded.
Marvel makes a significant more amount of money with Spiderman, he's not going anywhere outside leaving the MCU. Spiderman is the face of Marvel and is arguably the biggest super hero in the world.

They'd be fools to abandon him like they tried with X-men.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image