The Godzilla Cringe Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Post Reply
User avatar
G2000
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 5463
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by G2000 »

Marp wrote:
Fish Cakes wrote:The cringe is spreading faster than we first thought, we'll have to amputate it.
Not my cringe! How else will I make My Hero Academia X Five Nights at Freddy's X Boxboy fanfiction!?
Image

The MHA fanbase has completely turned me off from even looking in that show's general direction, if you're above the age of 12 and are still into FNAF there's a problem, and what the skreeonk is a Boxboy
Last edited by G2000 on Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

User avatar
Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer
Posts: 1831
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:45 am

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by Stump Feet »

I love MHA :shrug: All Might’s my role model as a dad

Just wish it wasn’t so hard to talk people into eating my hair :mad:
Last edited by Stump Feet on Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

User avatar
G2000
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 5463
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by G2000 »

If you're as old as you say you need all the hair you can keep
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

User avatar
goji89
Sazer
Posts: 11162
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by goji89 »

Is MHA fanbase really that cringe?

I love MHA....still waiting for next season damn it.

User avatar
Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper
Posts: 1288
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:01 am
Location: My parents basement

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

I'm part of the MHa fanbase, and tbh, it's pretty tame compared with others.
The worst I've seen is the Rule 34 stuff, which is unavoidable, and character bashing, which is something that happens in every fandom.

All in all, it's fairly normal
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

User avatar
Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer
Posts: 1831
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:45 am

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by Stump Feet »

G2000 wrote:If you're as old as you say you need all the hair you can keep
I’ll have you know I still have a full head of hair resting gently atop muh scalp :lol:
Last edited by Stump Feet on Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

User avatar
Smuggers
EDF Instructor
Posts: 2371
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:29 pm

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by Smuggers »

Being turned off from something you could potentially enjoy because of weird people on the internet is pretty cringe, I mean we had that approach for everything nobody would even be on this site to begin with
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

User avatar
G2000
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 5463
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by G2000 »

Smuggers wrote:Being turned off from something you could potentially enjoy because of weird people on the internet is pretty cringe, I mean we had that approach for everything nobody would even be on this site to begin with
I don't know, MHA doesn't appeal to me all that much for whatever reason; I've heard it's good and all but for whatever reason I don't feel a big need to get into it
Maybe things will change in a few years, all the Eva fans acting like Pacific Rim was a ripoff of NGE turned me off Evangelion back when PR came out in 2013 but I wound up watching it and really liking it only two years later
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

User avatar
Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel
Posts: 722
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:28 am
Location: Vague SF Bay Area

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by Fish Cakes »

Smuggers wrote:Being turned off from something you could potentially enjoy because of weird people on the internet is pretty cringe, I mean we had that approach for everything nobody would even be on this site to begin with
I dislike MCU because annoyng people I knew irl if that's different?

On the subject of MHA, I tried getting into it. Really disliked the protagonist though so I quit halfway through episode 3, it was also pretty boring to me despite how much I liked the concept. If someone who wasn't a whiny little female dog was the focus I'd probably like it.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

User avatar
goji89
Sazer
Posts: 11162
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by goji89 »

Almost all of them in anime are whiny little skreeonks.

User avatar
Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer
Posts: 1831
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:45 am

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by Stump Feet »

goji89 wrote:Almost all of them in anime are whiny little skreeonks.
There’s literally an anime on Netflix all about this called Devilman: Crybaby
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

User avatar
LSD Jellyfish
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9011
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:57 pm
Location: 富士山

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by LSD Jellyfish »


The fact that this has 12K views is proof that the fandom can do better.

-Showing zero effort to properly pronounce Japanese names (it’s really not that hard)
-Saying something random like HK was chosen as some weird stunt with no sources.


“We cut to a tunneling site where tunneling is happening”

I really could go on and on
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.
Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

User avatar
Smuggers
EDF Instructor
Posts: 2371
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:29 pm

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by Smuggers »

That thumbnail says it all.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

User avatar
Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor
Posts: 2711
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:34 pm
Location: キノプレックス
Contact:

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

The Godzilla bubble of YouTube is pretty bad. Basically consists of news from twitter, surface level reviews, clickbait about the Monsterverse, washed up 25+ year olds playing with toys and making movies/shorts out of it, and anger-fueled videos desperately trying to tear down critics/the anime trilogy/the topical thing to hate in the fandom. The latter remind me of the million "THE LAST JEDI IS A CINEMATIC FAILURE" videos from people who only watch blockbusters.
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

User avatar
DirektorSplennic
Gotengo Officer
Posts: 1730
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:07 am
Location: Nebula M78

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:The Godzilla bubble of YouTube is pretty bad. Basically consists of news from twitter, surface level reviews, clickbait about the Monsterverse, washed up 25+ year olds playing with toys and making movies/shorts out of it, and anger-fueled videos desperately trying to tear down critics/the anime trilogy/the topical thing to hate in the fandom. The latter remind me of the million "THE LAST JEDI IS A CINEMATIC FAILURE" videos from people who only watch blockbusters.
You know for once, I agree with you completely. I'm a massive Star Wars fan, but I've almost completely drifted away from the fandom because of the idiots who constantly spew garbage like Geeks + Gamers. It's really hard to enjoy the new movies without one of those retards popping up in your recommended.
Shin Gabara wrote:That's . . . quite the, uh-hum, specialty item.

#Ghidildo
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Imagine being such a piece of poop you think someone should slowly suffer and die because they're making it harder for you to buy children's dinosaur toys.

User avatar
_JNavs_
Keizer
Posts: 7874
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by _JNavs_ »

Then you have the far other siders like HelloGreedo and StarWarsExplained who literally brown nose Kat Kennedy 24/7.

It's a lose/lose for them. Disney successfully filleted the fandom.
ImageImageImageImageImage "Let them fight"

Online
User avatar
eabaker
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 12580
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:16 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by eabaker »

"The fandom" filleted itself.

Added in 2 minutes 36 seconds:
Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:washed up 25+ year olds playing with toys and making movies/shorts out of it
Damn, I used some kaiju toys in an assignment for a cinematography class a couple of years ago. I had no idea I was washed up...
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

User avatar
Godzilla21
Keizer
Posts: 8673
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:39 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by Godzilla21 »

eabaker wrote:"The fandom" filleted itself.

Added in 2 minutes 36 seconds:
Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:washed up 25+ year olds playing with toys and making movies/shorts out of it
Damn, I used some kaiju toys in an assignment for a cinematography class a couple of years ago. I had no idea I was washed up...
Go home Evan you washed up turkey!

Oh wait I'm 35! I'll join you!
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

User avatar
Smuggers
EDF Instructor
Posts: 2371
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:29 pm

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by Smuggers »

eabaker wrote:
Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:washed up 25+ year olds playing with toys and making movies/shorts out of it
Damn, I used some kaiju toys in an assignment for a cinematography class a couple of years ago. I had no idea I was washed up...
As long as you weren't smashing them together claiming it was stop motion, you're fine.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

Online
User avatar
eabaker
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 12580
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:16 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by eabaker »

Smuggers wrote:
eabaker wrote:
Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:washed up 25+ year olds playing with toys and making movies/shorts out of it
Damn, I used some kaiju toys in an assignment for a cinematography class a couple of years ago. I had no idea I was washed up...
As long as you weren't smashing them together claiming it was stop motion, you're fine.
No, that I haven't done since the 90s. ;)
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Post Reply