Marvel Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Which are your favorites (so far)?

Iron Man (2008)
9%
The Incredible Hulk (2008)
1%
Iron Man 2 (2010)
1%
Thor (2011)
1%
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
4%
The Avengers (2012)
8%
Iron Man 3 (2013)
1%
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
1%
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
9%
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
9%
The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
2%
Ant-Man (2015)
1%
Captain America: Civil War (2016)
6%
Doctor Strange (2016)
2%
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 (2017)
4%
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
3%
Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
7%
Black Panther (2018)
2%
Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
11%
Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
1%
Captain Marvel (2019)
1%
Avengers: Endgame (2019)
9%
Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
4%

Total votes: 403

_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post by _JNavs_ »

KManX89 wrote: And as good as Spider-verse was, no way was it as good as Cap 2 and 3, Avengers 1, 3 and 4, Iron Man 1, Guardians 1 or Far From Home.
Spider-verse was LEAGUES above Avengers 1(pfft), Cap 3, Guardians 1-2 , Far From Home, Ant-Man 1-2 and Thor 1-2.

Added in 1 minute 12 seconds:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
KManX89 wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Not a reboot. Still doing Tom's Spidey, just not mentioning the MCU/possibly soft rebooting him for the Venomverse.

Still idiots, but not as idiotic as they could be, TBH.

and this is coming from someone who still hasn't forgiven the Amazing series.
They still only made as much off the current iteration of Spidey because of the Disney connection.
Yep. All MCU. Not at all because it was a new take on Peter after 2 origin stories in a row or because it had some great acting or because it brought beloved B-tier villains to the screen in a way we never thought would happen. I only paid to see it because if I don't see RDJ patronize people as a billionaire, I can't live with myself.
But sure, let's let them make their own solo Spidey films again without Marvel overseeing them.
Marvel?
Is still overseeing them?
It's just not the MCU team?

MCU =/= Marvel in general.
Because it worked so well for Spider-Man 3 and both Amazing Spider-Man films. :lol:
I love how you keep bringing up Spider-Man 3 despite the fact it made 336 million and was part of a trilogy that contained two installments that had the same "problems" you're claiming and yet, are remembered as some of the greatest superhero films ever and made $777,292,200 when the MCU was a twinkle in Kevin Feige's eye
And both Ghost Rider films.

And Venom was mediocre.

Ghost Rider has nothing to do with this other then it was another Sony Marvel film that failed. It has nothing at all to do with Spider-Man.

And can you please shut the skreeonk up with your godamn Venom hate boner? We get it, it was garbage in your eyes, can you stop bringing it up like it's your perfect, irrefutable bit of evidence that Sony is bad. I think we would all prefer it that way.

Added in 41 seconds:
KManX89 wrote: And as good as Spider-verse was, no way was it as good as Cap 2 and 3, Avengers 1, 3 and 4, Iron Man 1, Guardians 1 or Far From Home.
you're right, it wasn't as good as those.

It was better.
Preach :lol:
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

KManX89 wrote: Venom better than Far From Home?

[mg]https://media1.tenor.com/images/583ac7b ... d=12298561[/img]

And as good as Spider-verse was, no way was it as good as Cap 2 and 3, Avengers 1, 3 and 4, Iron Man 1, Guardians 1 or Far From Home.
Venom calling Eddie a pussy is infinitely more entertaining than the adventures of Iron-Man Jr vs an angry Stark employee.

Don't even bring up made by committee over-edited garbage in the same sentence as Spider-Verse

Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

KManX89 wrote:Venom better than Far From Home?

And as good as Spider-verse was, no way was it as good as Cap 2 and 3, Avengers 1, 3 and 4, Iron Man 1, Guardians 1 or Far From Home.
Ohhhh boy...Here comes an debate. Buddy I don't know if I should tell you but people worships Into the Spider-Verse as the next coming of Christ. I'd be careful if I were you... :lol:

Literally Black Panther all over again due to "first black superhero" despite people forgetting the Blade movies exist.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Literally Black Panther all over again due to "first black superhero"
You okay there buddy
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
KManX89 wrote:Venom better than Far From Home?

Literally Black Panther all over again due to "first black superhero" despite people forgetting the Blade movies exist.
No, not the same.

Spider-Verse has a ground-breaking animation style that is unique to the studio, with impressive characters, great action and an immersive story.

Black Panther was a good film generally hyped upon one sole characteristic, but other than that it was a Lion King remake with human characters and a solid villain.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Smuggers wrote:You okay there buddy
And? Why exactly?
_JNavs_ wrote:great action
Funny because I didn't recall much action going in the film besides some chase scenes and four fight scenes at most.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

This thread’s about to get interesting, I can feel it :lol:
Last edited by Stump Feet on Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:And? Why exactly?
Just bringing up Black Panther out of nowhere by misconstruing what certain people have said (First MCU film led by a black guy). Only connection I can see is if you're saying that Spiderverse is "Literally Black Panther all over again" because people like it and the protagonist is a black guy.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:great action
Funny because I didn't recall much action going in the film besides some chase scenes and four fight scenes at most.
How much action do you need in a film before you call it "great action"?

Is Michael Bay action "great action" because it pops up every 5 seconds?

Does Godzilla 2014 have terrible action because it was saved for 2 fight scenes towards the third act?
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Funny because I didn't recall much action going in the film besides some chase scenes and four fight scenes at most.
And those action scenes are much more legible, energetic, and thematically rich than anything in the MCU.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Smuggers wrote:Just bringing up Black Panther out of nowhere by misconstruing what certain people have said (First MCU film led by a black guy). Only connection I can see is if you're saying that Spiderverse is "Literally Black Panther all over again" because people like it and the protagonist is a black guy.
*Cough*

First MCU film maybe but not first Marvel film.

Which people seems to have forgotten existed.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

_JNavs_ wrote: Does Godzilla 2014 have terrible action because it was saved for 2 fight scenes towards the third act?
In his opinion, yeah actually, I can dig up posts where he’s said this
Long Live The Sting

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Stump Feet wrote:In his opinion, yeah actually, I can dig up posts where he’s said this
Its true though. All we got were three fights at most.

Two that were cutaway and one at the end of the movie which was the final battle.

And don't say muhsuspense or muhbuildup because it wasn't needed as we waited a decade for the film which was enough to begin with.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Stump Feet wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Does Godzilla 2014 have terrible action because it was saved for 2 fight scenes towards the third act?
In his opinion, yeah actually, I can dig up posts where he’s said this
Oof :lol:

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: *Cough*

First MCU film maybe but not first Marvel film.

Which people seems to have forgotten existed.
I think you're a little too invested in semantics, bro. It's okay, T'Challa can't hurt you anymore. People can say "Marvel" without specifying MCU and the world will still continue to turn.

Also, haven't people already talked to you about Spiderverse and how the quantity of action scenes does not directly correlate to the quality of them? I remember something like that, I swear we're going through a repeat.
Last edited by Smuggers on Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Stump Feet wrote:In his opinion, yeah actually, I can dig up posts where he’s said this
Its true though.]

And don't say muhsuspense or muhbuildup because it wasn't needed as we waited a decade for the film which was enough to begin with.
That was the whole kick of it, they were playing on the thirst the diehard fans had for Godzilla, so the build-up would be maxed out during the climax.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

_JNavs_ wrote:That was the whole kick of it, they were playing on the thirst the diehard fans had for Godzilla, so the build-up would be maxed out during the climax.

This was after a 10 year drought so of course the thirst would be maxed.
It didn't work for Godzilla which Edwards for some reason thought was comparable to Jaws when it wasn't. Giant monster in city and a large predatory fish in the ocean are very different from each other. Godzilla as shown in previous movies was never about or had any of that.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Sometimes I can’t tell if you’re trolling or you’re really like this irl.
Last edited by Stump Feet on Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live The Sting

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

Not to backseat mod but Gfan if you're going to start going through every unpopular opinion or hot take you've got, just remember what this thread is for. We can get back to talking about how evil Disney is once you're done smelling your own farts.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Sorry guys I get too carried away at times. I'm really trying to stop this but its unfortunately a habit...:( Really gotta worker harder on thinking before posting.

Lets get back on-topic then.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.