Screw Attack's Death Battle

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Re: Screw Attack's Death Battle

Postby Rhedosaurus » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:17 am

miguelnuva wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Yep Dragonzord wins, unless Kiryu manages to get the Absolute Zero Cannon to hit.

Dragonzord doesn't have the fire power to out Kiryu down without the Megazord and Titanus.

It's the strongest Zord to never defeat a monster on its own.

It did defeat the Tigerzord with one whack of its tail. That and Kiryu has bad battery life and low durability.

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby miguelnuva » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:56 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Yep Dragonzord wins, unless Kiryu manages to get the Absolute Zero Cannon to hit.

Dragonzord doesn't have the fire power to out Kiryu down without the Megazord and Titanus.

It did defeat the Tigerzord with one whack of its tail. That and Kiryu has bad battery life and low durability.

Dragonzord was amped and White Ranger was weakened when that happened.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:21 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:

I wouldn't even say it's durability is bad, his damn computers are so sensitive to hard shaking it's a coin toss every time it's hit if he's gonna go offline. My heart is racing every time I see him get hit really hard and then relief floods in when he gets up fine.

LegendZilla
Kwaidan

Postby LegendZilla » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:56 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:It did defeat the Tigerzord with one whack of its tail. That and Kiryu has bad battery life and low durability.

If you count spliced footage from two different shows as a fight.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby miguelnuva » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:01 am

LegendZilla wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:It did defeat the Tigerzord with one whack of its tail. That and Kiryu has bad battery life and low durability.

If you count spliced footage from two different shows as a fight.

I guess you don't count the first half of season 2 then.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby tyrantgoji » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:59 pm

I mean,even if they are just using Kiryu,who's to say there going movies only? Didn't he survive a black hole in the comics?

SoggyNoodles2016
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:34 am

…..well, on the bright side, this crow is delicious.

#MinillaForSmash2019

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

gottatalktothefake
G-Grasper

Postby gottatalktothefake » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:27 am

>No comic or game feats shown

>60 meters

oh no
"Next time it'll be flawless."

Dynomy-DX
Samurai

Postby Dynomy-DX » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:33 am

gottatalktothefake wrote:>No comic or game feats shown

>60 meters

oh no

I mean, usually they save the more detailed feats for the full fight. Plus they kept its weight in tact with 40,000 tons.
Reignited... and hopefully less weird this time around.

I'm a guy with simple interests. Mostly revolving around monsters blowing up entire cities.

gottatalktothefake
G-Grasper

Postby gottatalktothefake » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:37 am

Dynomy-DX wrote:

>60 meters

oh no

I mean, usually they save the more detailed feats for the full fight. Plus they kept its weight in tact with 40,000 tons.

But they have him at 60 meters, despite him being 100 in the games and comics. Which makes me doubt they are using his feats from games or comics. He's also 66,600 tons in the atari trilogy.

It's a little bothersome that they are scraping the bottom of the barrel like mobile games for dragonzord but seemingly only giving Kiryu his movie stuff.

Dynomy-DX
Samurai

Postby Dynomy-DX » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:44 am

gottatalktothefake wrote:
Dynomy-DX wrote:

>60 meters

oh no

But they have him at 60 meters, despite him being 100 in the games and comics. Which makes me doubt they are using his feats from games or comics. He's also 66,600 tons in the atari trilogy.

It's a little bothersome that they are scraping the bottom of the barrel like mobile games for dragonzord but seemingly only giving Kiryu his movie stuff.

I’m certainly rooting for Kiryu 100%, but since the Power Rangers have been on a losing streak, I got a bad feeling they’re gonna throw them a bone this time and nerf Kiryu to high hell.

Still, the full analysis isn’t out yet. While they may use movie stats first and foremost, they could still develop further feats and abilities as the episode progresses. They haven’t even mentioned the drill claw, maser blade, or any feats from the comics. So we gotta wait.
Reignited... and hopefully less weird this time around.

I'm a guy with simple interests. Mostly revolving around monsters blowing up entire cities.

TyrantGojira
Futurian

Postby TyrantGojira » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:51 am

Did they really just say that Kiryu was the deadliest incarnation of the character? They literally showed SMG for a sec, literally the only monster to turn Godzilla into a vegetable.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

gottatalktothefake
G-Grasper

Postby gottatalktothefake » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:59 am

TyrantGojira wrote:Did they really just say that Kiryu was the deadliest incarnation of the character? They literally showed SMG for a sec, literally the only monster to turn Godzilla into a vegetable.

Yes they did, cringed hard at that one.

I've got my tinfoil hat on tight for this one. The fact that they are allowing Dragonzord to summon other zords to help him while getting things from non-canon mobile games while Kiryu is getting the most barebones treatment he can get raises some nasty red flags. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby tyrantgoji » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:00 am

Wait what? The're not using game feats for Kiryu but they give Dragonzord almost everything? Why not just give Kiryu everything else to make it fair?

gottatalktothefake
G-Grasper

Postby gottatalktothefake » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:09 am

tyrantgoji wrote:Wait what? The're not using game feats for Kiryu but they give Dragonzord almost everything? Why not just give Kiryu everything else to make it fair?

My stupid conspiracy theory is that they are nerfing MechaG as much as they can to not have Power Rangers go 0-3, but hopefully I'm wrong.

Thiese are the people who made the highly suspicious Yang vs Tifa fight mind you.

tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby tyrantgoji » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:14 am

tyrantgoji wrote:Wait what? The're not using game feats for Kiryu but they give Dragonzord almost everything? Why not just give Kiryu everything else to make it fair?

My stupid conspiracy theory is that they are nerfing MechaG as much as they can to not have Power Rangers go 0-3, but hopefully I'm wrong.

Thiese are the people who made the highly suspicious Yang vs Tifa fight mind you.

Death Battle's been known to not get alot right sometimes. See Ben 10 vs. Green Lantern and they got attack by Ben 10 fans and even DC fans said they were wrong.

Ultraman02
Samurai

Postby Ultraman02 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:22 pm

tyrantgoji wrote:

Death Battle's been known to not get alot right sometimes. See Ben 10 vs. Green Lantern and they got attack by Ben 10 fans and even DC fans said they were wrong.

Nah, The Dials go up to 11, BABY!
On a serious note, I like the research team. The Lobo vs Ghost Rider fight helped a lot of comic fans understand how the hell the penance stare actually works.
In a super jet he comes
From a billion miles AWAY!
From a DISTANT PLANET LAND!
COMES OUR HERO,
U L T R A M A N !

" シュワッチ!"

tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby tyrantgoji » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:23 pm

Ultraman02 wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:
gottatalktothefake wrote:My stupid conspiracy theory is that they are nerfing MechaG as much as they can to not have Power Rangers go 0-3, but hopefully I'm wrong.

Nah, The Dials go up to 11, BABY!
On a serious note, I like the research team. The Lobo vs Ghost Rider fight helped a lot of comic fans understand how the hell the penance stare actually works.

I honestly never got how it worked to begin with so i gotta thank them for that one. :lol: Chad and Ben are nice guys,and their still human so they make mistakes. But some things get a bit more...suspicious than others.

MM Raids Again
Futurian

Postby MM Raids Again » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:26 pm

Yeah... "deadliest version" my ass. Showa MG would have been a MUCH more interesting choice for this, but whatever. They just handing a win over to Dragonzord.
Did you miss me?

Ultraman02
Samurai

Postby Ultraman02 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:30 pm

MM Raids Again wrote:Yeah... "deadliest version" my ass. Showa MG would have been a MUCH more interesting choice for this, but whatever. They just handing a win over to Dragonzord.

Composite MG would be too easy of a win.
Every single MG is a definitive Godzilla killer.
In a super jet he comes
From a billion miles AWAY!
From a DISTANT PLANET LAND!
COMES OUR HERO,
U L T R A M A N !

" シュワッチ!"

Return to “Media Center”