Your favorite scene in a Godzilla movie ever?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Your favorite scene in a Godzilla movie ever?

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

Across the 35 movies, what's been your favorite scene so far?

I love the atomic breath scene in Shin Godzilla when it cuts to him engulfing the city in a lake of fire. It looks so apocalyptic..
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Re: Your favorite scene in a Godzilla movie ever?

Post by DirektorSplennic »

I can't choose one. I do have a few though:

The Atomic Breath scene in Shin Godzilla
Godzilla's entrance in Terror of Mechagodzilla
Godzilla smoking the dragon blunt and then having the other monsters bow down to him in KOTM
Godzilla's Antarctica entrance in KOTM
Godzilla and Mr Shindo
Last edited by DirektorSplennic on Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Godzilla and Mr. Shindo in GvKG is up there.
Last edited by Maritonic on Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Ogata and Emiko's confrontation with Serizawa in his laboratory.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Maritonic wrote:Godzilla and Mr. Shindo in GvKG is up there.
Holy shit I completely forgot that one. That scene is beautiful.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

The birth of Ghidrah, 1964.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

Maritonic wrote:Godzilla and Mr. Shindo in GvKG is up there.
This.
Also Godzilla falling down the volcano is pretty powerful. The U.S. dubbed version.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

I don’t have a specific favorite, but a few come to mind:
- Godzilla’s rampage with his “villain Godzilla” theme climbing and plowing in the background, in Mothra vs Godzilla.
- Godzilla’s meltdown in GvDest. The world just stops moving and it’s very effective.
- Godzilla’s entrance in ToMG
- Rodan vs the jets in KOTM
- Godzilla waking up in G84

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

Godzilla's rampage in 1954
Destroy All Monsters final battle with Ghidorah
Godzilla's Meltdown in GvD
Godzilla and Shindo in GvKG
Kiss of Death, Atomic Breath, and Honolulu roar in 2014
Godzilla vs Zilla in GFW
Godzilla arriving in Boston and Rodan vs Jets in KOTM
Godzilla blowing Orga up in G2000
Godzilla falling in the volcano in G84
Atomic Breath in Shin G

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

My favorite scene(s) are every time Godzilla first appears in a film, like in King Kong vs. Godzilla and Mothra vs. Godzilla, for example.

Every time that happens, I say or think "He's B-A-A-A-C-K - and he is NOT happy!"

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Re: Your favorite scene in a movie ever?

Post by Stump Feet »

Here's my favorite from each movie. :oops:

• Godzilla coming ashore on Odo Island, the beginning of Godzilla's first rampage and the tracking shot of Tokyo in ruins from Gojira.

• "Bombs vs. Bombs" argument from Godzilla: King Of The Monsters.

• Anguirus arriving in Osaka or Godzilla and Anguirus fighting around and over Osaka Castle in Godzilla Raids Again.

• Godzilla breaking out of the iceberg and Kong coming into frame over the gate on Farou Island crashing through it in King Kong vs. Godzilla.

• Electric Net scene in Godzilla vs. The Thing.

• The meteor growing and showing magnetism in Ghidrah.

• The Xians collecting Godzilla from the lake and Rodan from the mountain in Monster Zero.

• Godzilla breaking out of the cliff in Sea Monster.

• Minya excitingly breathing atomic breath while Godzilla's asleep in Son Of Godzilla.

• All the monsters arriving to Mt. Fuji and the Monsterland role call at the beginning and end of Destroy All Monsters.

• Ichiro crawling up the tree naming off the monsters, and big judo throw in Godzilla's Revenge.

• Godzilla fighting the Hedorah for the first time and jumping into the darkened ocean blowing up trash in the as he wades out to sea in Smog Monster.

• Anguirus coming ashore, his military battle, and the Nebulans turning into cockroaches in Godzilla vs. Gigan.

• Whirlpool scene, Megalon waking up and coming through the dam in Godzilla vs. Megalon.

• Anguirus coming into frame and roaring from the snow, Anguirus coming out of the ground and shaking the dirt off his head, Fake Godzilla transforming into Mechagodzilla, Godzilla's bubbling blood after he's knocked into the water, King Caesar being revealed in the cliff as the smoke clears, King Caesar exploding from the mountain, and King Caesar slinking back into the mountain side right before the rocks collapse over top him in Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla.

• Godzila's surprise atomic breath against Titanosaurus followed by that tracking shot of the monsters, Titanosaurus and Mechagodzilla coming into frame after they're called upon in Tokyo, and Titanosaurus's windstorm against Godzilla in Terror of Mechagodzilla.
Last edited by Stump Feet on Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:03 pm, edited 15 times in total.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Stump Feet wrote:
• Ichiro crawling up the tree and naming off the monsters in Godzilla's Revenge and the big Godzilla Gabara judo throw.
Hey, I didn't expect to see Godzilla's Revenge represented in this thread! You're a good man, Stump, never let them tell you otherwise. And yeah, the former scene came to mind for me, too. I'm a sucker for 'monster lineup' scenes in general, and I do like that Ichiro actually says their names; no doubt that was educational for a lot of kids and new fans in the days before the internet. And then the Judo throw is straight awesome, one of the highlights of the later Showa films. I love that whole battle, really, especially the music accompanying it.

I'll go ahead and add the scene where Godzilla comes ashore in Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah. "My God, what is that?"
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

JAGzilla wrote:
Stump Feet wrote:
• Ichiro crawling up the tree and naming off the monsters in Godzilla's Revenge and the big Godzilla Gabara judo throw.
Hey, I didn't expect to see Godzilla's Revenge represented in this thread! You're a good man, Stump, never let them tell you otherwise. And yeah, the former scene came to mind for me, too. I'm a sucker for 'monster lineup' scenes in general, and I do like that Ichiro actually says their names; no doubt that was educational for a lot of kids and new fans in the days before the internet. And then the Judo throw is straight awesome, one of the highlights of the later Showa films. I love that whole battle, really, especially the music accompanying it
Equally, I think the shot of Kamacuras crawling over the hole Ichiro's stuck in and the plants grabbing him are also pretty nostalgic

Hell yeah for Godzilla’s Revenge appreciation
Last edited by Stump Feet on Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

A few of my favorite scenes off the top of my head.

1. Showa Godzilla waking up at the start of the final battle in Godzilla vs Monster Zero, The close up shot of Goji looking around before getting up always looked cool to me.

2. The entire final battle of Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla 74, all of it.

3. King Kong throwing Godzilla, which is even more impressive IRL considering Shoichi Hirose actually managed to throw the Godzilla suit with Haruo Nakajima inside.

4. Whenever the Heisei MechaGodzilla glowed while charging the plasma grenade.

5. Burning Godzilla giving Destoroyah hell for murdering his son.

6. Showa G & MechaGodzilla's beam lock & the subsequent explosion that ensued.

7. G2000 roaring victoriously at the end of his film, ushering the beginning of the Millennium series.
Never forget the Showa Era, R.I.P, Haruo Nakajima 8/7/2017. :g64:
Extra THICC!

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Just to name a few....

Godzilla’s first appearance in the original film
Godzilla’s and Rodan’s fight in Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster
Godzilla’s dropkick to Megalon
Baby Godzilla hatching.
Godzilla’s meltdown
Katagiri’s death in Godzilla 2000
Baragon’s beatdown in GMK
The worldwide rampage in Final Wars
Godzilla’s landfall in the 2014 film.
Shin Godzilla’s evolution
The Titans bowing in King of the Monsters
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Look I'm too lazy right now to list my favorite scene in every Godzilla film, but I will say I think Godzilla vs King Ghidorah has THE best ending shot in any Godzilla film, the camera pans over Mecha-King Ghidorah and Godzilla's bodies, then a close up of Godzilla's face as blue lightning dances on his body, his eyes open glowing blue for a moment before he gets up and shoots his Atomic Breath under water then roars, fade to black.

This scene is so visually cool it's even used as the continue screen for when you die in the Super Godzilla video game over and it might be a coincidence but Godzilla 2019 might be referencing it by having his eyes glow blue when he uses his Atomic Breath.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Godzilla's entrance in Return of Godzilla is my favorite scene from any Godzilla movie ever. Especially the pumped up version in Godzilla 1985. The editing and the added screams of the security guard before getting crushed really adds to the sequence for me.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Godzilla's entrance in Return of Godzilla is my favorite scene from any Godzilla movie ever. Especially the pumped up version in Godzilla 1985. The editing and the added screams of the security guard before getting crushed really adds to the sequence for me.
Good enough to be the opening to Super Godzilla.

ROG/G1985 has some pretty damn good cinematography, so much so I think it's what makes Round 2 with the Super-X one of the best fights in the series. They managed to make what is essentially the military and Godzilla shooting each other into an a fight that feels just as exciting as a monster fight, when there's only one monster. I'm serious, I feel Round 2 with the Super-X is one of the best fights in the Godzilla franchise.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I have A LOT, but my all time favourite moment that instantly brings a stoopid grin to my face is Godzilla saving the kids in his second entrance in TOMG. I still cheer for Godzilla in that scene.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I have plenty of favorite scenes from throughout franchise, but I'll start with the Monsterverse stuff. I feel like the Monsterverse really knows how to build-up scenes and blend it with that sorta artsy smokey atmosphere to make the Titans feel larger than life. With Godzilla and co. doing their trademark "I'm back skreeonkssssss" at the best possible moments. Makes for some sweet eye candy and feels almost like paintings brought to life.

Mothra, Rodan and Ghidorah had plenty of other great scenes (but i didn't want to overdo the gifs), including Rodan's Jet Fight, Mothra's cocoon, Ghidorah's Crowning scene etc.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira