The Disney Thread.

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: The Disney Thread.

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:But why are they touching my beloved Planet of the Apes films? One has to wonder if they continue off from where War left off, will it continue to carry such heavy themes? Will it suffer from being Disneyfied? It's nailbiting times, what with Disney taking/buying LITERALLY everything i loved growing up.
The Apes Reboot Trilogy ended perfectly with War. I'd normally be okay with them continuing it given the potential world building but now that Disney owns it I fear what they'll do to it as they did with Star Wars. They literally destroy any franchise they absorb into their possession.
the Marvel fanbase highly disagrees with you. i think Star Wars just had the wrong people on the job.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

tyrantgoji wrote:the Marvel fanbase highly disagrees with you. i think Star Wars just had the wrong people on the job.
This is before Disney went down to poophole tho and the MCU began before Disney acquired it having those same writers for the past 11 years.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:the Marvel fanbase highly disagrees with you. i think Star Wars just had the wrong people on the job.
This is before Disney went down to poophole tho and the MCU began before Disney acquired it having those same writers for the past 11 years.
What?

The only people who have consistently worked on the MCU have been McFeely and Markus on Captain America and the Russo Avengers flicks.

There have been NO consistent writers in the MCU besides them.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Disney didn't destroy Star Wars, Lucasfilm without George Lucas has it on the ropes.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Lion King up to $1.3 billion
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Speaking of which,saw the move today finally..

Boring movie that shouldn't exist? Yeah.

All mighty travesty that spit on childhoods alike and should be burned to the floor? No, and i honestly think most people overreacted to this movie.

Do the charatcers not show any expression? Yes. Does James Earl Jones sound rather bored voicing Mufasa again? Yes. Is the plot just a shameless repeat? Yes. But the other preformances don't suck nearly as hard as some state,the CGI itself is amazing,the music is astonishing,and the new stuff that was added was pretty good!

In short,the new Lion King gets a 5/10 from me. Looks good,sounds good,but suffers from a lazy plot and an uncanny valley face from the characters. A film that was okay at best,but no film i'd want to see ever again.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

My daughters absolutely loved it :shrug:
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Gotta love how TK throws a shitfit over a Disney movie making money, when just a few weeks ago they were celebrating over a Disney movie becoming the highest grossing film in history.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:Gotta love how TK throws a shitfit over a Disney movie making money, when just a few weeks ago they were celebrating over a Disney movie becoming the highest grossing film in history.
I think it's because it feels like Lion King doesn't deserve it. It's a remake of a popular and recent Disney film, while Endgame is the culmination of 11 years of storytelling and 22 films.
GO GO GOJI KUN

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

GoWhaleTours wrote:
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:Gotta love how TK throws a shitfit over a Disney movie making money, when just a few weeks ago they were celebrating over a Disney movie becoming the highest grossing film in history.
I think it's because it feels like Lion King doesn't deserve it. It's a remake of a popular and recent Disney film, while Endgame is the culmination of 11 years of storytelling and 22 films.
If you go the doesn't deserve route than Infinity Wars and Endgame need their box offices swapped.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Except Endgame wasn't Disney by origin but by being bought.

If it was the opposite you'd have a point.

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

miguelnuva wrote:
GoWhaleTours wrote:
If you go the doesn't deserve route than Infinity Wars and Endgame need their box offices swapped.
Not necessarily saying it’s right, but that’s just how some look at it.

I personally find Endgame to be more enjoyable, but that’s just my opinion.
GO GO GOJI KUN

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Well China is calling for a boycott of Mulan. Unless us over here of China is serious about it, the boycott will happen.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Hong Kong protestors are calling for the boycott, not China.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Terasawa wrote:Hong Kong protestors are calling for the boycott, not China.
Wait why? They don't have any reason to do it as far as i'm concerned.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

tyrantgoji wrote:
Terasawa wrote:Hong Kong protestors are calling for the boycott, not China.
Wait why? They don't have any reason to do it as far as i'm concerned.
What I read was the star made a pro-China social media post.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

...well that's just stupid.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

tyrantgoji wrote:...well that's just stupid.
Why?
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:...well that's just stupid.
Why?
..Actually nevermind,i get why there upset now. Still i don't see why this made them boycott the movie when they can just separate the art from the artist

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

tyrantgoji wrote:..Actually nevermind,i get why there upset now. Still i don't see why this made them boycott the movie when they can just separate the art from the artist
Why would you watch a film starring someone who supports an authoritarian regime? You can't willy nilly ignore the lead in the film, watching it actively helps them and their cause out.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.