The Disney Thread.

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
Maritonic

Re: The Disney Thread.

Postby Maritonic » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:33 am

GojiDog wrote:Me a month ago: I hate these Disney remakes. At least my favorite one, The Great Mouse Detective will never get remade.

Me last night after reading Disney is developing a remake of GMD: Okay, so Disney has me bugged and they like to troll me.

Very believable, quite possibly true, however there's only one source for this right now that I can see. And it's not a particularly big one.
Resized Image

Everything Will Proceed Cyclically

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby miguelnuva » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:50 am

Disney has plans for Alien, Apes and Avatar as revelead by Iger st their shareholders meeting. I'm actually curious to see what they do with Alien.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

Godzillian
Kwaidan

Postby Godzillian » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:50 am

Just give me more Gargoyles disney, give it a live action movie already

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:55 am

GojiDog wrote:Me a month ago: I hate these Disney remakes. At least my favorite one, The Great Mouse Detective will never get remade.

Me last night after reading Disney is developing a remake of GMD: Okay, so Disney has me bugged and they like to troll me.

The source for that has already been debunked. It's not happening...yet.

tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby tyrantgoji » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:18 am

UltramanGoji wrote:

The source for that has already been debunked. It's not happening...yet.

oh,well that was fast,went as fast as it came.

LegendZilla
Kwaidan

Postby LegendZilla » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:21 am

GMD?
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

Maritonic

Postby Maritonic » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:23 am

LegendZilla wrote:

GMD?

Great Mouse Detective...
Resized Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:22 pm

Give it time. They'll eventually get around to it...

Especially given they're doing Treasure Planet despite it having been a bomb and forgotten.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby tyrantgoji » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:51 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Give it time. They'll eventually get around to it...

Especially given they're doing Treasure Planet despite it having been a bomb and forgotten.

yeah,the ones Disney SHOULD remake ARE the ones who were bombs and forgotten! not the ones people are already familir with!

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:53 pm

tyrantgoji wrote:yeah,the ones Disney SHOULD remake ARE the ones who were bombs and forgotten! not the ones people are already familir with!

What confuses me is why remake something that bombed to begin with if its likely going to happen again? Plus I thought Disney had forgotten this film along with Atlantis.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby tyrantgoji » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:54 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:yeah,the ones Disney SHOULD remake ARE the ones who were bombs and forgotten! not the ones people are already familir with!

What confuses me is why remake something that bombed to begin with if its likely going to happen again? Plus I thought Disney had forgotten this film along with Atlantis.

IDK ask them.

GojiDog
JXSDF Technician

Postby GojiDog » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:34 pm

I'd rather have them fix the ones that failed and see if they can get it to work.

The example i keep going back to is Black Cauldron. By all means. Remake that one.

But remaking the ones that are already good, great, or classics? Seems like a cheap way to cash in on nostalgia to me.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Keizer

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:45 pm

Godzillian wrote:Just give me more Gargoyles disney, give it a live action movie already

Jordan Peele really wants to do one.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

LegendZilla
Kwaidan

Postby LegendZilla » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:43 pm

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:
Godzillian wrote:Just give me more Gargoyles disney, give it a live action movie already

Jordan Peele really wants to do one.

Or better, a live action Disney+ series.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby miguelnuva » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:02 pm

The point in Hollywood is to make money, if you can tell a gold story on top of that that is orginal go for it but first and foremost you must make money. Thus you do another Lion King or Little mermaid before a treasure planet.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

Maritonic

Postby Maritonic » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:43 am

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:

What confuses me is why remake something that bombed to begin with if its likely going to happen again?

Wait, so, you question the mentality of remaking something that bombs, but also question the mentality of remaking a successful film?
Resized Image

XxComablack1937xX
EDF Soldier

Postby XxComablack1937xX » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:24 am

Disney wont movie on ''Alien'' any time soon... It'll be 5 or 10 years before they touch that property and even longer for Predator.

I'll be in shock if we get anything in the Alien franchise within the next decade. That's an R property that has struggled to be successful in recent times. They'll wait and then just Reboot it later watch.

_JNavs_
Kwaidan

Postby _JNavs_ » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:39 am

I give Aliens a year to 2 years break before an announcement.

I give Predator a year to 2 years before an announcement.

But why are they touching my beloved Planet of the Apes films? One has to wonder if they continue off from where War left off, will it continue to carry such heavy themes? Will it suffer from being Disneyfied? It's nailbiting times, what with Disney taking/buying LITERALLY everything i loved growing up.

Let's hope they don't water it down and throw their little "Disney Presents" on these films.
Sith Apprentice.

Maritonic

Postby Maritonic » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:42 am

I don't know why people worry so much about Disney watering things down or "Disneyfying" them. Pirates of the Caribbean had some pretty freaky imagery and was straight up Disney, not someone else's property. Hell, Spider-Man: Far From Home had
Spoiler:
Zombie Iron Man
. So, I'm not worried about Alien's future.
Resized Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:13 am

_JNavs_ wrote:But why are they touching my beloved Planet of the Apes films? One has to wonder if they continue off from where War left off, will it continue to carry such heavy themes? Will it suffer from being Disneyfied? It's nailbiting times, what with Disney taking/buying LITERALLY everything i loved growing up.

The Apes Reboot Trilogy ended perfectly with War. I'd normally be okay with them continuing it given the potential world building but now that Disney owns it I fear what they'll do to it as they did with Star Wars. They literally destroy any franchise they absorb into their possession.
Maritonic wrote:Wait, so, you question the mentality of remaking something that bombs, but also question the mentality of remaking a successful film?

Yeah...I didn't exactly word that right tbh. :lol: :oops:

What I meant was why bother bringing back a movie that bombed to begin with?
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Media Center”