The Disney Thread.

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Re: The Disney Thread.

Post by Maritonic »

GojiDog wrote:Me a month ago: I hate these Disney remakes. At least my favorite one, The Great Mouse Detective will never get remade.

Me last night after reading Disney is developing a remake of GMD: Okay, so Disney has me bugged and they like to troll me.
Very believable, quite possibly true, however there's only one source for this right now that I can see. And it's not a particularly big one.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Disney has plans for Alien, Apes and Avatar as revelead by Iger st their shareholders meeting. I'm actually curious to see what they do with Alien.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Just give me more Gargoyles disney, give it a live action movie already

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

GojiDog wrote:Me a month ago: I hate these Disney remakes. At least my favorite one, The Great Mouse Detective will never get remade.

Me last night after reading Disney is developing a remake of GMD: Okay, so Disney has me bugged and they like to troll me.
The source for that has already been debunked. It's not happening...yet.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

UltramanGoji wrote:

The source for that has already been debunked. It's not happening...yet.
oh,well that was fast,went as fast as it came.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

GMD?

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

LegendZilla wrote:

GMD?
Great Mouse Detective...
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Give it time. They'll eventually get around to it...

Especially given they're doing Treasure Planet despite it having been a bomb and forgotten.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Give it time. They'll eventually get around to it...

Especially given they're doing Treasure Planet despite it having been a bomb and forgotten.
yeah,the ones Disney SHOULD remake ARE the ones who were bombs and forgotten! not the ones people are already familir with!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

tyrantgoji wrote:yeah,the ones Disney SHOULD remake ARE the ones who were bombs and forgotten! not the ones people are already familir with!
What confuses me is why remake something that bombed to begin with if its likely going to happen again? Plus I thought Disney had forgotten this film along with Atlantis.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:yeah,the ones Disney SHOULD remake ARE the ones who were bombs and forgotten! not the ones people are already familir with!
What confuses me is why remake something that bombed to begin with if its likely going to happen again? Plus I thought Disney had forgotten this film along with Atlantis.
IDK ask them.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

I'd rather have them fix the ones that failed and see if they can get it to work.

The example i keep going back to is Black Cauldron. By all means. Remake that one.

But remaking the ones that are already good, great, or classics? Seems like a cheap way to cash in on nostalgia to me.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Godzillian wrote:Just give me more Gargoyles disney, give it a live action movie already
Jordan Peele really wants to do one.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:
Godzillian wrote:Just give me more Gargoyles disney, give it a live action movie already
Jordan Peele really wants to do one.
Or better, a live action Disney+ series.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

The point in Hollywood is to make money, if you can tell a gold story on top of that that is orginal go for it but first and foremost you must make money. Thus you do another Lion King or Little mermaid before a treasure planet.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
What confuses me is why remake something that bombed to begin with if its likely going to happen again?
Wait, so, you question the mentality of remaking something that bombs, but also question the mentality of remaking a successful film?

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Disney wont movie on ''Alien'' any time soon... It'll be 5 or 10 years before they touch that property and even longer for Predator.

I'll be in shock if we get anything in the Alien franchise within the next decade. That's an R property that has struggled to be successful in recent times. They'll wait and then just Reboot it later watch.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I give Aliens a year to 2 years break before an announcement.

I give Predator a year to 2 years before an announcement.

But why are they touching my beloved Planet of the Apes films? One has to wonder if they continue off from where War left off, will it continue to carry such heavy themes? Will it suffer from being Disneyfied? It's nailbiting times, what with Disney taking/buying LITERALLY everything i loved growing up.

Let's hope they don't water it down and throw their little "Disney Presents" on these films.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

I don't know why people worry so much about Disney watering things down or "Disneyfying" them. Pirates of the Caribbean had some pretty freaky imagery and was straight up Disney, not someone else's property. Hell, Spider-Man: Far From Home had
Spoiler:
Zombie Iron Man
. So, I'm not worried about Alien's future.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

_JNavs_ wrote:But why are they touching my beloved Planet of the Apes films? One has to wonder if they continue off from where War left off, will it continue to carry such heavy themes? Will it suffer from being Disneyfied? It's nailbiting times, what with Disney taking/buying LITERALLY everything i loved growing up.
The Apes Reboot Trilogy ended perfectly with War. I'd normally be okay with them continuing it given the potential world building but now that Disney owns it I fear what they'll do to it as they did with Star Wars. They literally destroy any franchise they absorb into their possession.
Maritonic wrote:Wait, so, you question the mentality of remaking something that bombs, but also question the mentality of remaking a successful film?
Yeah...I didn't exactly word that right tbh. :lol: :oops:

What I meant was why bother bringing back a movie that bombed to begin with?
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:15 am, edited 2 times in total.