Shin Ultraman NON-SPOILER THREAD

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Re: Shin Ultraman Officially announced

Post by Monster X »

Just found out about this and I'm pretty excited. I'm not the biggest Ultraman fan, I've only watched the first series and want to get into the manga/Netflix spin-off, but I do like the character and franchise.

I'm hoping this is tied into Shin Godzilla but that it dose it's own thing to. Who knows maybe their working up to a Shin Monstervers.

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

I'm really excited for this, I hope it's a new and creepy take on Ultraman which currently I imagine looking lanky like the EVAs from NGE and similar to this:
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

That's absolutely awful :lol:
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Zombie Ultraman.

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

Living Corpse wrote:Zombie Ultraman.
Now that I think of it, that would be a pretty cool enemy for Ultraman since Tsuburaya Productions loves making Ultraman constantly fight doppelgangers of himself.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Pick your poison

____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

I think bemular is an absolute must for this movie. He was Ultraman's first ever enemy.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

_JNavs_ wrote:Pick your poison

that second and fourth one gotta go. the first and third are cool though,wouldn't mind if either were official.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

DirektorSplennic wrote:I think bemular is an absolute must for this movie. He was Ultraman's first ever enemy.
The One from Ultraman: The Next is pretty much is Bemular remade, I think we should go with someone else.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Living Corpse wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:I think bemular is an absolute must for this movie. He was Ultraman's first ever enemy.
The One from Ultraman: The Next is pretty much is Bemular remade, I think we should go with someone else.
how about Gomess? he could work well enough. also,and this could be for anything Ultraman related,but poor Pagos needs to stop getting shafted,he's the Ultra version of Varan.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

_JNavs_ wrote:Pick your poison

I like how they managed to update the red patterns on this one.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

That third one is from those filthy thieves over at BlueArc.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Birdman wrote:That third one is from those filthy thieves over at BlueArc.
I knew I've seen that specific design somewhere. That's the one where Ultraman is evil and fights Halo Spartan/Power Ranger dudes, right?

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

DirektorSplennic wrote:
I knew I've seen that specific design somewhere. That's the one where Ultraman is evil and fights Halo Spartan/Power Ranger dudes, right?
That's the one.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Birdman wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:
That's the one.
You know for an illegal Ultraman design, I kinda like it. :P

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Legitimately you could just have the original suits design remade, maybe with some very slight tweaks, and you’d be fine. Maybe make the eyes a little more biggish?

In comparison to Godzilla, Ultraman’s design is sort of irrelevant.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Legitimately you could just have the original suits design remade, maybe with some very slight tweaks, and you’d be fine. Maybe make the eyes a little more biggish?

In comparison to Godzilla, Ultraman’s design is sort of irrelevant.
what? isn't the entire Ultra series one of the biggest franchises in Japan? i'm pretty sure people know what the original Ultraman looks like and are gonna noticed what changed in it.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Just stick close to the original design, but update it so it doesn't look like some guy in a spandex suit (or whatever material that suit's made of).
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Just curious,since Shinji Higuchi is making this movie,how does he do his films? almost the same as Anno's work (wouldn't be suprised since they ARE best friends) or a little different?

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

tyrantgoji wrote:Just curious,since Shinji Higuchi is making this movie,how does he do his films? almost the same as Anno's work (wouldn't be suprised since they ARE best friends) or a little different?
Take a look at AOT: Live action. He uses heavy Tokusatsu for stuff requiring giants and stuff. I'm really interested to see what he does with Ultraman's SFX.
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D