New member introductions!

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
eabaker
Seatopian Daikaiju

Re: New member introductions!

Postby eabaker » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:21 pm

MosuraYa wrote:Hi! I joined back in 2014 but didn't stick around for very long, so I figured I should introduce myself.
I'm 27 and I've been obsessed with Godzilla my entire life, but I don't really know anyone IRL that shares my level of enthusiasm. My favorite things that aren't Godzilla include Spirited Away, super slow Eastern European movies, horror, photography, music, classic literature, the color purple, and tarot cards (I just think they're really interesting). You may also call me Elphie if you so desire.

Welcome to the boards! Hope you're enjoying yourself, despite the ugliness you've witnessed in... certain threads...
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby goji89 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:22 pm

MosuraYa wrote:Hi! I joined back in 2014 but didn't stick around for very long, so I figured I should introduce myself.
I'm 27 and I've been obsessed with Godzilla my entire life, but I don't really know anyone IRL that shares my level of enthusiasm. My favorite things that aren't Godzilla include Spirited Away, super slow Eastern European movies, horror, photography, music, classic literature, the color purple, and tarot cards (I just think they're really interesting). You may also call me Elphie if you so desire.

You got it Elphie......out of curiosity, why Elphie?
https://kaijugalaxy.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote: Tsuburaya's sloppy puppets and bad Kong suits.

MosuraYa
Samurai

Postby MosuraYa » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:36 pm

eabaker wrote:

Welcome to the boards! Hope you're enjoying yourself, despite the ugliness you've witnessed in... certain threads...

Thank you! Haha. That sort of thing is bound to happen on any board.

goji89 wrote:

You got it Elphie......out of curiosity, why Elphie?

That's the name I go by! I thought of making a new account and using it as my username but I was too lazy, so either name is fine!

goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby goji89 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:51 pm

MosuraYa wrote:That's the name I go by! I thought of making a new account and using it as my username but I was too lazy, so either name is fine!

Good to know........well see you around the boards Elphie!
https://kaijugalaxy.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote: Tsuburaya's sloppy puppets and bad Kong suits.

MosuraYa
Samurai

Postby MosuraYa » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:58 pm

goji89 wrote:
MosuraYa wrote:That's the name I go by! I thought of making a new account and using it as my username but I was too lazy, so either name is fine!

Good to know........well see you around the boards Elphie!

Thank you!! :huge:

kingkevzilla88
JXSDF Technician

Postby kingkevzilla88 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:12 pm

I'm back, I haven't been here for a while now but I'm going to try show once a week to see how things are going.

Matango Taste
Ronin

Postby Matango Taste » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:47 pm

Been a fan of Toho movies ever since I was little but had no clue this place existed until I bought this heisei Gamera set. This place is kinda big and confusing but can't wait to discuss the franchise with fellow fans

JAGzilla
Kwaidan

Postby JAGzilla » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:53 pm

Matango Taste wrote:Been a fan of Toho movies ever since I was little but had no clue this place existed until I bought this heisei Gamera set. This place is kinda big and confusing but can't wait to discuss the franchise with fellow fans

Well, the confusing part is never going to go away. You can be a member here for years and still not understand how this place can be the garbage fire that it is. :huge: Welcome aboard!

LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:15 pm

Matango Taste wrote:Been a fan of Toho movies ever since I was little but had no clue this place existed until I bought this heisei Gamera set. This place is kinda big and confusing but can't wait to discuss the franchise with fellow fans

Matango Taste is a great name btw.

Also, as a sort of warning, but not really, don't be scared off by the constant debates, and always even if controversial to others have your own opinion. :)
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

The_Saiyan_Prince
Young Farmer

Postby The_Saiyan_Prince » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:48 am

Hello everyone!

Lifetime(29, Male) Godzilla fan from toys and VHS tapes in the 90s all the way up to the current films. I have one friend who is a fellow Godzilla nut but outside of him a few of my friends and my girlfriend are very "Casual" fans of the modern stuff. Very happy to find a community of fellow G-fans!

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:21 am

The_Saiyan_Prince wrote:Hello everyone!

Lifetime(29, Male) Godzilla fan from toys and VHS tapes in the 90s all the way up to the current films. I have one friend who is a fellow Godzilla nut but outside of him a few of my friends and my girlfriend are very "Casual" fans of the modern stuff. Very happy to find a community of fellow G-fans!

Save yourself while you can.

SoggyNoodles2016
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:52 am

Welcome!

#MinillaForSmash2019

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

Extreme Warhawk
Yojimbo

Postby Extreme Warhawk » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:57 pm

Welcome dude

HedorahIsBestGirl
Samurai

Postby HedorahIsBestGirl » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:51 pm

23-year-old lifelong fan of Godzilla and other monster stuff. My Dad introduced me when I was 3, but I'm a much bigger fan than him. Have lived all over the USA and introduced a few friends to Godzilla. Went to college for screenwriting, but still haven't found work in my field because it's not easy to break into. Presently living with my best friend and doing what I can to make ends meet. Still enjoy watching Godzilla movies pretty regularly, especially right before bed.

LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:38 am

HedorahIsBestGirl wrote:23-year-old lifelong fan of Godzilla and other monster stuff. My Dad introduced me when I was 3, but I'm a much bigger fan than him. Have lived all over the USA and introduced a few friends to Godzilla. Went to college for screenwriting, but still haven't found work in my field because it's not easy to break into. Presently living with my best friend and doing what I can to make ends meet. Still enjoy watching Godzilla movies pretty regularly, especially right before bed.

Hey you’re the same age as me!
It’s weird because there’s oddly specifically a bunch of Godzilla fans on this site and in general that are all like 22-23. I wonder if some timing of the theatrical releases like G2K and the old sci-fi channel stuff has anything to do with it.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

SoggyNoodles2016
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:53 am

G2K was my first movie, so probably hahaha.

Also, welcome HedorahIsBestGirl!

#MinillaForSmash2019

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

Fish Cakes
Interpol Agent

Postby Fish Cakes » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:36 pm

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
HedorahIsBestGirl wrote:23-year-old lifelong fan of Godzilla and other monster stuff. My Dad introduced me when I was 3, but I'm a much bigger fan than him. Have lived all over the USA and introduced a few friends to Godzilla. Went to college for screenwriting, but still haven't found work in my field because it's not easy to break into. Presently living with my best friend and doing what I can to make ends meet. Still enjoy watching Godzilla movies pretty regularly, especially right before bed.

Hey you’re the same age as me!
It’s weird because there’s oddly specifically a bunch of Godzilla fans on this site and in general that are all like 22-23. I wonder if some timing of the theatrical releases like G2K and the old sci-fi channel stuff has anything to do with it.

Late Millennial Kaiju Squad, yee!

It was my dad and sci-fi channel too. I have well since surpassed him in my kaiju love.

Welcome, BestGirl! 10/10 username btw. ^v^
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

Return to “General Discussion”