The Disney Thread.

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: The Disney Thread.

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzilla21 wrote:Lion King at 89% audience score. we have another Aladdin on our hands
It's already bigger than Aladdin, it wont make under 186m this weekend and that's if it doesn't pick up. It could hit the infinty war number.

Funny how this and Kotm has near identical numbers from Critics and the audiance.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

So I just watched Mufasa's death on YouTube.

Lacks the soul and emotion. No facial expressions, feels rushed and the way Scar's voice is doesn't match Jeremy Irons feeling so out of place and the way he just says "Long Live the King". Dude also literally just pimp slaps Mufasa off the cliff. Wut? I was actually laughing then crying. xD

Heck Mufasa doesn't even call Scar brother for that matter!

Comes nowhere close to matching the 1994 movie scene. Too bad this is gonna be a big hit because Disney and kids.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:So I just watched Mufasa's death on YouTube.

Lacks the soul and emotion. No facial expressions, feels rushed and the way Scar's voice is doesn't match Jeremy Irons feeling so out of place and the way he just says "Long Live the King". Dude also literally just pimp slaps Mufasa off the cliff. Wut? I was actually laughing then crying. xD

Heck Mufasa doesn't even call Scar brother for that matter!

Comes nowhere close to matching the 1994 movie scene. Too bad this is gonna be a big hit because Disney and kids.
i saw the slap sequence and i honestly struggled not to laugh. granted... i guess it makes more sense for a real lion to do it that way?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

tyrantgoji wrote:i saw the slap sequence and i honestly struggled not to laugh. granted... i guess it makes more sense for a real lion to do it that way?
When I heard Mufasa scream falling to his death it sounded like as if he stepped on a lego. The scream Mufasa made in the 1994 film still sends chills down my spine to this day and the way Scar says "Long live the King". You can just sense the evil in those words the way he speaks it out.

I swear it was more like a parody then a remake to the film. :lol:
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I watched the movie and he does call him brother. As for Mufasa's scream that's on James Earl Jones as his Vader voice isn't as strong as it use to be. Scar was a lot more powerful and hands on in the remake. Doesn't top the orginal but I thought it was a good change.

Gfan90's the movie has an A cinemascore which means more than just kids liked it. My entire family liked it for one.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:i saw the slap sequence and i honestly struggled not to laugh. granted... i guess it makes more sense for a real lion to do it that way?
When I heard Mufasa scream falling to his death it sounded like as if he stepped on a lego. The scream Mufasa made in the 1994 film still sends chills down my spine to this day and the way Scar says "Long live the King". You can just sense the evil in those words the way he speaks it out.

You gave Disney your money, they're the ones who get the last laugh

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Godzillian wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:

He said he watched a YouTube clip tho.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Godzillian wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:

This.

Unless you watched a YouTube clip/online stream of it, you have no leg to stand on, just like the people who constantly bitch about EA and Activision's scummy business practices yet still buy their games.

I didn't pay to watch Fant4shit because I knew I'd be validating their rights-grabbing efforts. And because everybody said it was dogshit, so I watched it online. Unsurprisingly, they were right.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Did you even read my comment carefully. I watched a clip from YouTube. Maybe read more carefully before posting. :lol:

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Gfan1990 don't you mock Ryguy and Baragonbeth for doing to kotm what your doing right now.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

miguelnuva wrote:Gfan1990 don't you mock Ryguy and Baragonbeth for doing to kotm what your doing right now.
Not anymore because I shouldn't be stooping to their level which is why I used to do that to them.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

It's official. I have NEVER wanted for summer to end more in my life.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Yuck, what’d they do to my boi Darkwing Duck?
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

LegendZilla wrote:Image

It's official. I have NEVER wanted for summer to end more in my life.
In that you want to watch whatever it is you posted or you want it to be over?
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Stump Feet wrote:Yuck, what’d they do to my boi Darkwing Duck?
I have noticed the artistic style of the reboot is a common source of ire from detractors. How is it any different from let's say Samurai Jack or any thing Genndy Tartakovsky has created.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Saw the Lion King last night. pretty pointless movie but somewhat enjoyable. The animals looked pretty neat, might be worth seeing for a discount showing or if it's on tv

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Godzillian wrote:Saw the Lion King last night. pretty pointless movie but somewhat enjoyable. The animals looked pretty neat, might be worth seeing for a discount showing or if it's on tv
I've seen nothing but people shit on this one all over the internet, what's up with that?

Planning on taking the kids to see it next week.
Last edited by Stump Feet on Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live The Sting

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Stump Feet wrote:
Godzillian wrote:Saw the Lion King last night. pretty pointless movie but somewhat enjoyable. The animals looked pretty neat, might be worth seeing for a discount showing or if it's on tv
I've seen nothing but people poop on this one all over the internet, what's up with that?.
Idk, I'd say the hate is overinflated like everything on the internet

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Stump Feet wrote:
I've seen nothing but people shit on this one all over the internet, what's up with that?

Planning on taking the kids to see it next week.
Because it's nothing new. It's a remake of the original, sometimes shot-for-shot, but without the original's colorful impactful visuals and iconic performances. The new film's visuals are (apparently) technically impressive but artistically they do nothing more than hamper the overall film. The color palette is drab and dusty and there are virtually no expressions on any of the animals leaving most of the heavy emotional moments to fall flat on their faces.

There's virtually no point in paying (what I'm assuming) $25+ plus concessions to see this film when you can just buy the Blu-Ray of the original at Walmart and watch it at home. Most of the high praise this film is getting is from the crowd who claps when they see the things they remember.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

I mean, I can certainly understand all that but my girls have been begging me since they saw the first trailer to take em’ to see it so I kinda have no choice :lol:
Long Live The Sting