Lost Project Discussion: God's Godzilla/God's Angry Messenger (1979-1980)

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
Anguirus
JXSDF Technician

Re: Lost Project Discussion: God's Godzilla/God's Angry Messenger (1979-1980)

Post by Anguirus »

This sounds like the prefect movie to me. I love ancient alien movies like Prometheus, and adding in Godzilla is just the gravy. I would focus more on the aliens/ sci fi aspects, but sadly Godzilla fans did not like that in the anime, and many Alien fans wished Prometheus was about the xenomorph. In my mind, we have so many xenomorph/Godzilla movies, we should be wanting something different.

Then again, I am still pissed at Alien Covenant for not following the Engineers and disregarding Alien lore. So what do I know?

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

This thing sounds amazing and I really want to see it. Wish it was made nowadays.

Added in 1 minute 43 seconds:
Just think about it: this is the perfect time for this film to be made. We are on an age were Toho seems to be making a lot of experimental Goji films, first they gave us Shin, then they gave us Earth, I don't think God's Angry Messenger is too much out there.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

SonOfGorgo
JXSDF Technician

Post by SonOfGorgo »

And I thought the anime trilogy was weird at times
Still the best... 8-)

Omegazilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegazilla »

As whacked out as this whole thing sounds, I like the sound of it! This is coming from someone that thought Evangelion was absolute trash too. I loved the bioweapon take on Godzilla and that is forever something I will loathe GINO for, replacing a great idea like that. This take on Godzilla with all of this symbolism sounds interesting, especially the allusions to the Cold War as Godzilla movies always adapted for the times.

Gigantis
Xilien Halfling

Post by Gigantis »

What. The actual. Skreoonk.

This is the only way to even describe this. Why do i feel like Toho rejected this because they got too weirded out by how crazy it is? Because that's probably what happened.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Kaltes-Herzeleid
G-Force Personnel

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

I won't lie of all the unmade Godzilla movies this is the one I think about the most. Makes me wish it could be realized in some way, even if it was just a comic book adaptation or something. I love all the spiritual and esoteric concepts that go with the idea. Powerful imagery.
Resized Image

Anguirus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Anguirus »

I love ancient aliens/religious tie ins to ancient aliens stuff, like Lovecraft's work, Prometheus, etc etc. I would have loved this movie for sure, I am so disappointed the film was never made. That alien Christ character seems super freaky also. Man this is like my dream movie.

Major sssspielberg!
Monarch Researcher

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Anguirus wrote:I love ancient aliens/religious tie ins to ancient aliens stuff, like Lovecraft's work, Prometheus, etc etc. I would have loved this movie for sure, I am so disappointed the film was never made. That alien Christ character seems super freaky also. Man this is like my dream movie.
Prometheus is one of the most underappreciated films of recent memory.
I really wish God's Godzilla had been made, sounds like my kind of movie
PitchBlackProgress wrote: Minya’s got class, dude one-shot Ghidorah and got all that MonsterLand p****y afterwards.
edgaguirus wrote:Your climax sounds better than the one we got in the movie.
Youtube: Kitchen Table Comics
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3mHfh ... -x2MYP-SeA

:xilien: :xilien: :xilien: Join me in.... Escape! :xilien: :xilien: :xilien:

Al Diplodocus
Samurai
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Post by Al Diplodocus »

Interestingly weird concept, but if this was made, you can bet Christians would throw the Father of all fits if this were made with its Evil Jesus conceit, especially since this was created at the dawn of the Jerry Fawell and Pat Roberson era of the Moral Majority.