Imagine a Shin Ghidorah

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Re: Imagine a Shin Ghidorah

Post by Maritonic »

I think the original intention of this thread was a Ghidorah in the same artistic vein as Shin Godzilla was, this new Ghidorah in the EvaxShin ride is just a Ghidorah in the Shin universe.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Maritonic wrote:I think the original intention of this thread was a Ghidorah in the same artistic vein as Shin Godzilla was, this new Ghidorah in the EvaxShin ride is just a Ghidorah in the Shin universe.
Making it a Shin Ghidorah.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

LamangoKaijura wrote:
Maritonic wrote:I think the original intention of this thread was a Ghidorah in the same artistic vein as Shin Godzilla was, this new Ghidorah in the EvaxShin ride is just a Ghidorah in the Shin universe.
Making it a Shin Ghidorah.
As I said, I don't think that was exactly the original intention of the thread or the discussion thereafter.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

I would say it does follow the same artistic vibe as Shin, it pushes the key concepts of the character. Like how Shin Godzilla’s design took a lot of the concept design from 54, this is Ghidorah’s design is based the original concept look of Ghidorah for GTTHM (even making its wings being able to flash red, white and blue). Shin’s look was about going further with the idea of a heavy disfigured and mutated creature, this Ghidorah does the same of pushing further of a very outworld but oriented looking creature. I find it better than what other people were doing prior where their design was just Ghidorah but with Godzilla’s features.
Last edited by Tyrant28 on Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Vandarker wrote:
Vakanai wrote:Well, since we don't have to imagine it any more (seriously, who would have thought we'd actually get a Shin Ghidorah in any form) I guess this thread is redundant now? Or do you feel as if they would significantly change the design from the Shin Godzilla vs Evangelion ride if they were to introduce him in an actual film?

Also, we actually got to see Shin Goji do a bit of actual fighting in that ride. Not an impressive fighter, but better than expected I guess.
Handling all 3 Eva units at once is a pretty impressive battle feat.
Not when you consider how much stronger Shin Godzilla and Shin Ghidorah are than the Eva units and Angels.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Awakened EVA Unit 01 vs. Shin would be a sight to behold.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I`m gonna keep an eye out for some of the Shin Ghidorah figures tomorrow when I visit some toy shops in Tokyo. There`s a slight chance the main Godzilla stores might already be selling them wholesale, or some of them have made their way into a secondary market.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

Godzillian wrote:
Vandarker wrote:
Vakanai wrote:Well, since we don't have to imagine it any more (seriously, who would have thought we'd actually get a Shin Ghidorah in any form) I guess this thread is redundant now? Or do you feel as if they would significantly change the design from the Shin Godzilla vs Evangelion ride if they were to introduce him in an actual film?

Also, we actually got to see Shin Goji do a bit of actual fighting in that ride. Not an impressive fighter, but better than expected I guess.
Handling all 3 Eva units at once is a pretty impressive battle feat.
Not when you consider how much stronger Shin Godzilla and Shin Ghidorah are than the Eva units and Angels.
Nah, the Angels are as powerful as any Godzilla or Gamera kaiju, considering the strongest ones can tank nukes with ease and shatter mountain-sized landscape. The regular Eva units aren't so powerful, but Shin toying with all 3 Eva units at once is an impressive feat though, cause only the top-tier Angels ever came that close.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Update: Godzilla store doesn’t have the figure; but given the type of exclusive stuff I saw being sold there it’s probably only a matter of time.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Grabbed this figure and am really excited to get especially after seeing this ghidorah in action on the ride